Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my lapband friends!

I love my band. I have been looking for this kind of help for many years and now I have it. I have lost slowly, 52 lbs in the first year, but that is ok with me. I hope for another 50lb loss next year and I will be at goal. Hope you are all well and happy.:tongue:

It appears that everyone is doing excptionally well. That's wonderful.

I started my 2 week, pre-op liquid plan today ... January 6th cannot come soon enough!

Merry Christmas, all, be safe and happy.

Good to see some action here. Glad everyone is doing well.

We are in SF area visiting DS#1 and his family for Christmas. One of my sisters is also in the area with her family visiting one of her sons, and DH has a brother living here, too.. so we'll be getting with everyone tomorrow! Then chill the rest of the weekend. Girls may hit a movie on Saturday while the guys go to a football game. Too many sweets around here... NOT GOOD. Plates and plates of fudge, chocolate goodies, Cookies, etc just a few steps away in the kitchen! It will be a challenging weekend foodwise!!

Hey,

What do you guys think about us all sharing our thoughts about the movies we see over the next couple of weeks?

I am in Illinois visiting my daughter and my five year old grandson. Yes, there are way too many goodies here to tempt. As a matter of fact, I just had a brownie. That's why I decided to check on whats going on here, and get away for the sweets. I am a bit worried about gaining weight this month what with Christmas and I am schedule to have surgery for a fallen bladder on December 29th. Because of the surgery I will not be able to exercise much for several weeks. I guess I will just have to do my best. You guys may be hearing a lot more from me for support and because I will not be able to work for a few weeks. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year. Karen

Hey,

What do you guys think about us all sharing our thoughts about the movies we see over the next couple of weeks?

Great idea, Roxie! Anything to get our mind off the food we're being bombarded with! Oh, my! I had an oatmeal/raisin cookie this morning... Breakfast? ? No, that was after my omelet! Had a little piece of Peanut Butter fudge this afternoon. DIL has everything cut in to little tiny pieces and slices, so that's a GOOD thing!

Well, we saw this movie a few weeks ago, but I highly recommend "The Blind Side"! One of the best movies we've seen in a long time. I'm very much wanting to see "It's Complicated"! DIL & DGD & I.. maybe 2 DGDs, going to a movie on Saturday while the guys go to a football game, but we have to see no more than PG-13, so we're thinking that movie about "the Morgans".... don't remember the whole title, but you know the one I mean.

I do like to hear what other people have to say about movies before I go see them, so looking forward to reading your "reviews".

I am in Illinois visiting my daughter and my five year old grandson. Yes, there are way too many goodies here to tempt. As a matter of fact, I just had a brownie. That's why I decided to check on whats going on here, and get away for the sweets. I am a bit worried about gaining weight this month what with Christmas and I am schedule to have surgery for a fallen bladder on December 29th. Because of the surgery I will not be able to exercise much for several weeks. I guess I will just have to do my best. You guys may be hearing a lot more from me for support and because I will not be able to work for a few weeks. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and healthy New Year. Karen

Do the best you can, Karen! This time of year is HARD! Usually we stay at our RV at the park we stay in during the winter... so we have no goodies around unless we go to a party or potluck. But this year, since we're at our son's, there are goodies around to tempt me!

We went out to lunch with BIL & SIL & DS & DIL today. We've eaten at this place several times before, but today was awful. Dishes were dirty, trays were dirty, food choices were not good... hard to find any meat in anything, some foods had obviously been sitting a long time. So... didn't eat a lot of bad stuff there!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

to all and to all a GOOD NIGHT!!

8_2_114.gif 8_2_118.gif 8_2_117.gif

Great idea, Roxie! Anything to get our mind off the food we're being bombarded with! Oh, my! I had an oatmeal/raisin cookie this morning... breakfast?? No, that was after my omelet! Had a little piece of Peanut Butter fudge this afternoon. DIL has everything cut in to little tiny pieces and slices, so that's a GOOD thing!

Well, we saw this movie a few weeks ago, but I highly recommend "The Blind Side"! One of the best movies we've seen in a long time. I'm very much wanting to see "It's Complicated"! DIL & DGD & I.. maybe 2 DGDs, going to a movie on Saturday while the guys go to a football game, but we have to see no more than PG-13, so we're thinking that movie about "the Morgans".... don't remember the whole title, but you know the one I mean.

I do like to hear what other people have to say about movies before I go see them, so looking forward to reading your "reviews".

Do the best you can, Karen! This time of year is HARD! Usually we stay at our RV at the park we stay in during the winter... so we have no goodies around unless we go to a party or potluck. But this year, since we're at our son's, there are goodies around to tempt me!

We went out to lunch with BIL & SIL & DS & DIL today. We've eaten at this place several times before, but today was awful. Dishes were dirty, trays were dirty, food choices were not good... hard to find any meat in anything, some foods had obviously been sitting a long time. So... didn't eat a lot of bad stuff there!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

to all and to all a GOOD NIGHT!!

8_2_114.gif 8_2_118.gif 8_2_117.gif

I want to see both of those movies. I will keep you guys updated on whatever I see. "It's Complicated" and "Nine" are at the top of my list. "The Blind Side" too. I think Sandra Bullock will be a front runner for the Academy Award.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Hi Everyone,

I thought "It's Complicated" was darling. The setting was in Santa Barbara, CA., so it was beautiful. I thought it was very cute but might be racey for some. I know that "Avatar" is the big money maker but I might have to rent this one, I want to go see "Sherlock Holmes" and "The Chipmunks" next.

Hope everyone is feeling good and looking forward to the New Year! :thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

Special shout out to Karen. My friend had her fallen bladder operation in Oct. She is doing marvelously. She said it was the best thing she did for herself. I take detrol-la. I am not ready for another surgery, right now. My lapband was only at the end of Oct. Anyway, good luck to you.

I don't go to movies, but "Its Complicated', and "avatar" look good. I will wait for them to come to DVD. It is so quickly, now.

Happy New Year to all. Kll724

Hi Everyone,

Special shout out to Karen. My friend had her fallen bladder operation in Oct. She is doing marvelously. She said it was the best thing she did for herself. I take detrol-la. I am not ready for another surgery, right now. My LAP-BAND® was only at the end of Oct. Anyway, good luck to you.

I don't go to movies, but "Its Complicated', and "avatar" look good. I will wait for them to come to DVD. It is so quickly, now.

Happy New Year to all. Kll724

I rent most of the time too. I usually just go to the movies around the holidays.

I am glad to her Karen is doing so well.

How to Stay Young

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, and hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year

I had my surgery on Tuesday, December 29th and everything went very well. I have lost more weight, but mostly because of my reaction to an antibiotic that caused a lot of intestinal distress. I am doing better now after calling the doc and stopping the antibiotic. I had my daughter keep reminding all the hospital staff about my limitation with pills. Can’t do my exercises yet, which I truly miss doing. There was a time when you would have never heard me say I wanted to exercise. At least three medical professionals told me how healthy I was during my hospital stay. Wow! That was amazing to hear!

I don’t go to many movies, but the last one I seen was Amelia which was just O.K. I rented The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and enjoyed it. Anyone have any good suggestions for rental DVDs?

Karen

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year

I had my surgery on Tuesday, December 29th and everything went very well. I have lost more weight, but mostly because of my reaction to an antibiotic that caused a lot of intestinal distress. I am doing better now after calling the doc and stopping the antibiotic. I had my daughter keep reminding all the hospital staff about my limitation with pills. Can’t do my exercises yet, which I truly miss doing. There was a time when you would have never heard me say I wanted to exercise. At least three medical professionals told me how healthy I was during my hospital stay. Wow! That was amazing to hear!

I don’t go to many movies, but the last one I seen was Amelia which was just O.K. I rented The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and enjoyed it. Anyone have any good suggestions for rental DVDs?

Karen

Hi Karen,

Movie rental suggestions - "Away We Go", "Chicago", "Night at the Museum 1 & 2", "Bolt" (a cartoon0, " Valkyrie" and "Australia" warning, it is 4 hours long. Happy Watching!

Congratulations on your successful surgery. Please keep us updated.:blushing:

Emergency!!!!!!

Have you guys ever gained weight since getting the band? If, yes, what did you do, just diet, to take the weight off and does the band stretch out and never go back to it's original effectiveness? Thanks for any help.

Emergency!!!!!!

Have you guys ever gained weight since getting the band? If, yes, what did you do, just diet, to take the weight off and does the band stretch out and never go back to it's original effectiveness? Thanks for any help.

Roxie

It's possible to gain weight, but I don' t think there is need to panic. Sometimes it's just Water weight, or maybe to much sugar at the holiday. Talk to your doctor about an ajustment so that you are less hungry and review your food journal to be certain that you are eating the right foods in the right amounts. I know of people who have gained weight and went on to loss again. Keep in touch and let us know how things turn out. Good luck and take care, Karen