Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New 60+ Thread

Nina: You and Don have taken a major step to ensuring you both will be together for a long time. As the weight goes down, you will have the thrill of seeing him having his various medications reduced and his energy level increasing.

The discomfort should not last long just keep looking at the bright new future for you both.

Well, I did it.

On Oct. 28th, went to the hospital at 5:30 AM; went into surgery about 7:30 AM, I was the first one that day. Went home on the 29th about 10:30 AM.

What realy suprised me, was they did not have me walking at anytime while I was there. I sure did a lot of sleeping. I did a lot of sleeping the last two days a home also. Today 31st. I'll try not to sleep so much because I'm not getting enough protien in yet.

Over all I'm doing very good. Very little pain. I have been full of gas myself sense I came home, that's what made me very uncomfortable, but the gas is starting to come out now and am feeling much better.

Pre and post-op weight loss is 12 lbs. Very happy about that. I'll start on Full liquid Nov. 1st.

That's it for now,

Don

Nice to see you online again Don. Glad your surgery went well and your on your way to feeling like yourself again. Take care and Gods Blessing to you.

Carol

Don is starting his Phase 2 -Full liquid diet. He said he will be doing this for 10 days. I'm shopping today for Don to get a few things he can have , like thinned-down grits, creamed Soups, yogurt ( no lumps ), 1% milk, cream of Wheat, and more pep-cycles, ( sugar-free ). I think Don thinks creamed soups means cream, but I have been trying to tell him it's not cream, it soups that are smooth. Please tell me anyone what it means. I think I'm right.

Nina

Please answer soon! Thanks!:)

Edited by Ninaflowerlady

Don is starting his Phase 2 -Full liquid diet. He said he will be doing this for 10 days. I'm shopping today for Don to get a few things he can have , like thinned-down grits, creamed Soups, yogurt ( no lumps ), 1% milk, cream of Wheat, and more pep-cycles, ( sugar-free ). I think Don thinks creamed soups means cream, but I have been trying to tell him it's not cream, it soups that are smooth. Please tell me anyone what it means. I think I'm right. Nina

Please answer soon! Thanks!:)

Smooth is more important than "cream". NO lumps. If he wants creamed Soup with lumps, put it in the blender. Add Protein Powder to help him get in his Protein. I liked Tomato Soup when I was at that stage, but I did have some creamed soups that we put in the blender. I think I had pea soup, too. I like that. But the NO LUMPS is the thing for this stage. Even soupy mashed potatoes are okay by some docs. Just use common sense and he'll be fine.

Don Congratulations on your surgery. Hang in there you will be feeling much better soon. Keep us informed of your progress.

Sorry I have not posted for awhile. I am having some remodeling work done a home and working full time, and I have been trying to get the yard winterized. I have had to move all kinds of things arouund to keep the work done which is great exercise. It feels so good to be able to move easier now that I have lost some weight. Soon I should be able to Celebrate 100 pounds lost. I just can't hardly believe it!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty good.

I'm one week out and have lost 18 lbs. Very happy about that. I have my Post-op Doctors appt. thursday (11-6). And might do a little shopping after that.

Not to much to say, I'm a couple days into the Full liquids phase, sure glad to get out of the Clear Liquids phase.

I have gone for two different walks and yesterday almost over did it. I came home and sat in my chair & fell asleep for maybe one hour.

Untill next time,

Don

Don Congratulations on your surgery. Hang in there you will be feeling much better soon. Keep us informed of your progress.

Sorry I have not posted for awhile. I am having some remodeling work done a home and working full time, and I have been trying to get the yard winterized. I have had to move all kinds of things around to keep the work done which is great exercise. It feels so good to be able to move easier now that I have lost some weight. Soon I should be able to Celebrate 100 pounds lost. I just can't hardly believe it!!

You're doing GREAT!!

That's an impressive weight loss in such a short time!!

It's taken me over a year to get to 100 lb and I'm still about 5 lb away.

You have to plan a special reward to celebrate 100 lb!!

I bought a pair of diamond stud earrings, 14k gold, but I'm not wearing them until I get that other 5 lb off!! I found some nice onces on sale at Sears for $99, but QVC has some nice "Diamonique" earrings on their web site that are very reasonably priced! I may even get a pair of those, too!

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty good.

I'm one week out and have lost 18 lbs. Very happy about that. I have my Post-op Doctors appt. thursday (11-6). And might do a little shopping after that.

Not to much to say, I'm a couple days into the Full liquids phase, sure glad to get out of the Clear liquids phase.

I have gone for two different walks and yesterday almost over did it. I came home and sat in my chair & fell asleep for maybe one hour. Untill next time, Don __________________

You're off to such a good start, Don!

You're really doing very well!

I know how wonderful it feels to go from clear liquids to full!

And MUSHIES is like PARADISE after that!!

Walking is GOOD! Gets you moving and the metabolism going, etc!

We'll be anxious to hear how your post-op appointment goes.

3_9_5v.gif

36_17_1.gif

36_1_40.gif

Hi Phyliss....Well, Thursday went well with my doc. He was pleased with my weight loss..16 lbs post op.. He said most don't lose at all before the first fill... Personally, I question that, but it's ok. I did get my first fill..1 1/2 to 2 cc fill. I feel a little more restricted, but doing fine. Still excercising at the pool 3 times a week.. with some walking otherwise. Doc said I should really start losing now.. but I see a slow start, however, I'm working hard at it. Keep me in your prayers.. lol, I need all the help I can get. How is the puter problems doing... finding much less I hope.

Don

Congratulations... and I know you are glad the surgery is behind you..

Just think, the rest is downhill, literally. You are doing great. Keep up the goog work.. you are in our thoughts..

Hi Phyliss....Well, Thursday went well with my doc. He was pleased with my weight loss..16 lbs post op.. He said most don't lose at all before the first fill... Personally, I question that, but it's ok. I did get my first fill..1 1/2 to 2 cc fill. I feel a little more restricted, but doing fine. Still exercising at the pool 3 times a week.. with some walking otherwise. Doc said I should really start losing now.. but I see a slow start, however, I'm working hard at it. Keep me in your prayers.. lol, I need all the help I can get. How is the puter problems doing... finding much less I hope.

Hi, Pati,

WHOA!! We have a whole new look here! I think I like it!

Sounds like your appt went very well! Congrats on the weight loss. That is very good this early. I don't remember how much I lost before my first fill. Good for you going to the pool. We are doing Water aerobics Mon-Fri and I really enjoy it. Exercise makes a big difference!

Congratulations to you, Don, on finally getting started on your Lap-band journey. Sounds like you are really doing well.

Pati, you are doing great, too. I lost quite a bit prior to my first fill. The surgery was the impetus for me to really watch what I was eating and control it. I think using one of the sites like MyDailyPlate or FitDay helps a lot.

I just posted this on a new thread that started not to long ago:

Re: First patients to have Realize...let's hear from you!

I just had my realize Band surgery on 10-28-08, went home the next day. So far I have lost 19 lbs. I'm still in the Full luquid stage. (Ninaflowerlady - (Nina) is my wife and is being very supportive. I have not had any problems yet.

I have not recieved my Patient ID No. yet, should recieve it soon, so am not able axcesed the whole website yet.

So far so good,

PS: My 1st. Post-op meeting withe Doc went very good. He took off the little bandages that was on top of what looked like nylon reinforced tape. I'm asumming that's what held the incizes together. I'l be taking them of soon. a couple fell off already. The Doc was very happy with my progress.

Don

Edited by skinnydippn42
forgot something.