Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out of Hospital and home..!

Well, I've been and gone and done it. All went smoothly although I was very anxious before the op. The staff were great though and really calmed me down. I was admitted 5 hours before surgery so there was plenty of time to think and wonder. the worst bit was the anaesthetist trying to get a vein! ended up using a childrend IV kit. I have very small veins apparently. (Must be the only small bit of me).

There hasn't been much pain to speak of and what I have had has been pretty well managed. It's more uncomforable than anything else. I was a bit worried when I sneezed the other day, but the 'ping' I felt was just a bit of sticking plaster coming loose I hope!

I'm finding the liquid diet quite liberating really. Not missing food - yet! But it's only day 2 so I better not be too cocky. Just been out to buy some nice juices and consommes.

Now I'm looking forward to my week off work being a lady of leisure! I am also looking forward to the next phase. It's a challenge but on I'm really looking forward to. And on Thursday, I have to break the news to my mother whose coming to visit from Scotland. Better start rehearsing now.

That is great news Scotty! I am glad all is going better than you thought it would have. So your going to tell Mum huh? That is great- right? I mean your ready & want to right? Just going off what you had said previously. Either or I hope the conversation with her is filled with love & support & congrats all the way around.

CONGRATULATIONS SCOTTY!!! You're on your way to a whole new happy healthy life!!! I think your mum should be very happy for you. She is probably a typical Mom who would be worried about ANY kind of surgery her child would have! I know I would be, from a simple tooth extraction to anything else they might need. I think the ONLY thing she would be a bit miffed about is not being there to support you....but she may surprise you and be there for you now to help you through your journey. You know her better than anyone does...but I hope it goes well. Think positive....she may surprise you!

Nancy*

PS I have a very close friend in Scotland, she is also a Nancy, and if all Scottish folks are like her, your mum will be happy for you. Scots are a great bunch of people! My husband's family is Scottish, so I am only Scottish by "injection" :D ; but have learned alot about them and about Scotland, and it's all good!!

Scotty,

Congrats on your banding. I think we got ours on the same day, so we should keep track of each other.

Your mother will hopefully be excited for you, and your new healthy life style.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches