Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DeLarla's Weekly Fun Thread

DeLarla

The craziest diet I did was the Stop the Insanity with Susan powers in the early 90's?? You got to eat, breathe and move. You could have carb galor but no fat. So I vas happy with the 1/2 dozen bagel thing for a while and lost 20 lbs or so. Only to break down and go back to burgers and fries which put the 20 plus 10 in a flash.

She was an infomercial maniac, where is she now??

I'm going through the test phase to be a banster.

weight.png

While I'm here, can I say how much I despise the Adkins Diet? I still see people eating a pound of bacon... but nooooo, they can't touch a stalk of brocolli! So I read the entire Adkins book from front to back. In the very last pages, in a very small, gray box, it says that you have to watch your Portion Control. In the back of the book there's an index that tells you exactly how much bacon you can have, how much cheese, how much steak, etc. The portions are regular-size portions that you'd expect on any weigh loss plan. But nobody reads the small print, so they keep killing themselves with piles of Protein thinking they are following the Adkins Diet. Wrong. You have to measure, even on Adkins.

Sorry, just getting home from work. As per the two glasses of milk and two apples, I think I can attribute the little weight I did loose to all the bathroom visits. I read that the body would adjust and this would stop. Well, needless to say, MY body did not adjust. I came off of it and gained the weight back over night, Oh my. (smile)

I lost tons of weight on Atkins...and generally loved it. I could have up to a cup of day of most (but not all) veggies (which btw is maybe what I was already having) and fell in love with splenda...but those first 4 days were riduclously hard and I missed fruit and Cereal. Now I sorta refuse to diet (which means my walk with wl will be slower)...eat what I want (generally...I never was a sweet eater but love food in general) and eat smaller portions. I'm schedule for fill number 2 (which hopefully will put me at 2cc's) and hope I won't have to revert to dexatrim to keep the food urges down...especially now that I've started wogging again. *Sigh*...I can't wait for it to get better.

When I was 16 years old, I was tired of not fitting in at my school, never getting any dates, always getting teased, etc. I sold my horse for $1000 so I could have a local dentist wire my teeth shut for a year!!! Crazy, crazy, I know... I really did lose a lot of weight and for the first time was under 200 lbs but of course it all came right back once I was released from my wired food prison. Life actually improved dramatically when I finally graduated high school. I've never been teased with such cruelty since then. Actually I don't think I've even openly been teased since then. I'm sure people have had their own thoughts and stares but fortunately people do seem to gain some manners in adulthood.

A friend of mine had her jaws shut & had the same results (big loss, even bigger gain.) I asked my dentist to do it before getting banded, and he said, "No way, LEAVE MY OFFICE." He just loves me.

Anyway, I need some crazy crash diet right now. Duh, you'd think getting a major surgical weight loss procedure would do the trick, but my head is all friggen screwed up. Obsessive compulsive addictive whacked out psycho hereditary genes or something.

I did the cabbage Soup diet, the first week was easy, then coming home and my whole house smelled like it, it got old fast! I don't think I will ever forget that one!

When I was about 15 my mother took me to a local Dr. There would be a huge line to get into his office on Friday afternoon. You would pay the receptionist, the nurse would write a script, the Dr would give you a Water shot and he would sign the script for diet pills, that was in the 70's. Man that was great speed!!! Do you know I was about 150 lbs, I thought I was huge. After the Dr lost his license, (believe it or not), I gained all my weight back plus 30 more lbs, then it was weight loss clinic, weight loss center, diet work shop, diet center. I lost and gained the same 50-100 lbs over and over again. After my 2nd daughter was born I took redux, I loved that!! plus I got "down" to 200 lbs, it took a while but I eventually gained all of it back, (I think it took 4 years to gait it all back!!.

I havent been under 200lbs since I was about 20 (pre kids). I hope to be there by August.

I did the black beauties thing too, but I dont think I slept for about 3 months...

Doesnt top the zapper story, that must have been horrible!!

I think the wildest ride I had on a diet was when I did Meridia weight loss pills... I was taking them in the morning and washing them down with two cups of coffee...(maybe three if it was a hard morning). I didn't realize that the Meridia was a stimulant and then the caffine in the coffee would compound it. I would start SWEATING PROFUSELY.....it would just pour right off me....Then the heart would start racing...my blood pressure was up....and then I use to have to either walk around the building at 100 miles an hour, or HOLD ONTO MY DESK ... cause it was blast off time! If I couldn't get away from my desk, I would shake and jitter....Oh my God, I was tweekin!!! It was horriable! I lost 30 pounds in three months...but damn near killed myself with my blood preassure going nuts!!!! Then within 3 months of being off the Meridia, I gainned back 60 pounds!!! Pretty bad experience, but NOTHING like Delarlas camp from hell!!

TTYL

Here's a good one. Before I got my band I was moving forward with the bypass (since my insurance covers bypass.) My primary doc is like my girlfriend, and she begged me not to get a bypass. She asked me if I'd try a new diet pill first.

So I took her speed, which made my blood pressure go sky high, then the insomnia kicked in. I had an appointment with my gyno, who knew I was on the diet pills. She gave me blood pressure medicine and Xanax to help me sleep and to take the edge off the diet pills.< /p>

Pretty blue pill for Breakfast, white one for lunch, blue for dinner. How patriotic. And deadly. So I took out a loan and got the Band.

Here is my almost never ending list i gave to al the Doctors to try & get approval from insurance(which I didn't) The nerve of them telling me I hadn't tried a doctor supervised year round(12 mnths in a row) diet! Who the hell sees a Doctor for a year every month for 12 in a row for a diet anyhow?? You go to clinics & gyms don't you? LOL

Any how the only thing I didn't do was that Fat Camp-which I would have loved to do if I could have found on close by. I think my craziest was the Vitamin B-12 shots & some sort of pill-I had no idea what it was truthfully. I think Letha did the same thing-LOL

post-204247-138131318198_thumb.jpg