Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FYI: I finally found a protein powder I LOVE!!!

Since being banded on the 4th, I've desperately been searching for a Protein Shake or powder (to add to skim milk) that I really, really liked and that made me want to really, REALLY drink it. I found it! So, I'm going to share my discovery with you.

I found it at GNC. It's expensive, but totally worth it. I got the Rich Milk chocolate flavor and it's called "Pro Complex". It's 60 g. of Protein per serving. HOLY MOLY! What I'm gonna do is split the serving each day. I'll have 1/2 serving (of course that would be 1/2 the powder as well) in the morning, and then the other 1/2 later in the day. Let's see if this finally helps me get full. Nothing else is working.

Oh...I'm also gonna check online to see if I can get it for a lower cost somewhere else. It's kind of outrageous, but since I have 1 more week of full liquids to go, I think it's totally worth it. :bandit

I think this is the product Mamajava is talking about. if not here is the link to GNC website

GNC - Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex APS - Rich Milk chocolate - 2.3 lbs

pixel.gifpixel.gifnutrition_facts.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifServing Size 2 Rounded scoopspixel.gifpixel.gifServings Per Container 14pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifAmount Per Serving % DVpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifCalories 270.00</B> pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifCalories from Fat 10.00 pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifTotal Fat 1.00 g</B> 2% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifSaturated Fat 0.50 g 3% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifCholesterol 20.00 mg</B> 7% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifTotal Carbohydrate 5.00 g</B> 2% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifSugars 1.00 g pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifProtein 60.00 g</B> 120% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifCalcium 250.00</B> 25% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifIron 1.08</B> 6% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifVitamin A 2500.00 IU 50% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifVitamin C 60.00 mg 100% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifVitamin E 30.00 IU 100% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifRiboflavin 0.85 mg 50% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifNiacin 10.00 mg 50% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifVitamin B-6 1.00 mg 50% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifFolic Acid 140.00 mcg 35% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifVitamin B-12 3.00 mcg 50% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifBiotin 150.00 mcg 50% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifPantothenic Acid 5.00 mg 50% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifChromium 120.00 mcg 100% pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif ** Daily Value (DV) not establishedpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif † Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on

your calorie needs: pixel.gifpixel.gif Calories: 2000 2500 pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif Total Fat Less than 65 g 80 g pixel.gifpixel.gif Sat. Fat Less than 20 g 25 g pixel.gifpixel.gif Cholesterol Less than 300 mg 300 mg pixel.gifpixel.gif Sodium Less than 2400 mg 2400 mg pixel.gifpixel.gif Total Carbohydrate 300 g 375 g pixel.gifpixel.gif Dietary Fiber 25 g 30 g pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifCalories per gram:

Fat 9pixel.gifpixel.gifCarbohydrate 4pixel.gifpixel.gifProtein 4 pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif

apple,

My doc's wife is expecting at the end of February and he needs me to move my date up but I have child care issues until Feb 18(winter break no school). So I have been playing phone tag with the patient coordinator trying to resechedule. Original Date 1/30/08, then 2/21/08, now I have no idea?

Darn ... bummer well girl I wish you the best ... Atleast you KNOW now that you will be banded soon ... it;s not some where out in the wind LOL. Hope things pan out for you!! Can't get ANYONE to baby sit him ??

Krista-thanks for sharing, I'm going to buy some to try it out. Haven't been banded yet but that was my main concern because I have such a problem getting anything down that doesn't taste good to me.

Thanks, Taismommy for posting that. The calories are rather low, the fat is low also. I think it's a good tradeoff for 60 g. of Protein. :whoo:

I am going to check it out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! If I could do one shake that would be awesome, otherwise, I don't eat my 3 meals!

Thank you also taismommy for the info. Where are you from? I already have 4 kids, whats a few more? I am in Colorado.

Brandy

This seems like it would be really good for a low carb diet too. And 60g of Protein is unbelievable! Thanks for posting, I've been having a hard time getting my protein in (I'm not a huge meat fan). I still eat meat, just not much of it. My hair has been falling out too, so maybe this would help.

Oh...I'm also gonna check online to see if I can get it for a lower cost somewhere else. It's kind of outrageous, but since I have 1 more week of full liquids to go, I think it's totally worth it.

I find bargains online all the time--and I especially like the ones where I get free shipping!!

By the way, you will probably need to continue with Protein supplements even after you go to solids in four to six weeks in order to get in your 60 - 80 grams, m'dear--so it's great you found one that you absolutely love!

I may just have to try this (and split it into two servings, like you!) :)

I Use The Same Product Only I Buy strawberry .. Didnt Care Much For The chocolate. I Blend It With Frozen Straberries, Water And Sugar / Fat Free Yogurt For A smoothie.

It Is Costly However Because It Is Considered Medically Necessary I Have Been Able To Write It Off On My Taxes , So Keep Ur Receipts And Ask, As Well As All The chewable Vitamens I Now Need

MamaJava,

It was no problem at all, glad i could help. I wanted to know the calories and things as well, so i decided to share.