Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your DH or SO know how much you weigh?

Does your S.O. know how much you weigh?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does your S.O. know how much you weigh?

• Yes, he/she knows my weight
    • No, he/she doesn't know my weight

I got another fill today and was feeling pretty good. I haven't lost any weight but I'm real hopeful and know I will when I have proper restriction and begin my exercise regime.

As I was telling my husband about the fill experience today, I accidently let slip how much I weigh: "The doctor was there while the nurse weighed me and he was going 'come on! under 223!'"....oops! Gosh darn it! DH's mouth forms a little 'o' cuz he knows this was a major booboo on my part.

The fact is that I'm 5'5 and weigh 221 today. He is 6'2 and weighs 228 or so. Grrrrr!!!!!!

I don't look like I weigh that much (I've been told) but of course it doesn't really matter.

I say to DH, "But I don't look like I weigh that much do I??? *whine whine*..." and his response is "Absolutely!"... haha just kiddin'. What do you think he said. 'Oh no hun....you look wonderful'.

Why does this matter so much to me?

He paid for my surgery and I'm nearly 3 months out with no weight loss.

I didn't gain over the holidays, which is amazing.

ARG!!!! :rolleyes:

My dh doesn't know, unless someone slipped on surgery day...at least I hope he doesn't.

I only want him to know my weight when I reach goal.

****HUGS****

That would be difficult for me too!

Brandy

No way! I hope he does not know! I am afraid it will get out during the srgery process. I think he has an idea. Truth is we weigh almost the same, but come on he is a tall man ughgghgh

*eek* I feel for you. DH doesn't know. His guess was lower than it actually is.

My goal in life is to at some point weigh less than my husband ever has. His high weight was 163. That's how much I weighed on our wedding day, 12 years ago! His normal is about 145-150. :rolleyes: That's what I get for marrying a skinny guy. When we met he weighed 130! (He's 5'10" - his family is skinny like this.)

Eileen

We know each other weights because we go togehter to have the bands checked and get fills. At first the wife did not want me to know but now its not a problem.

Chris

MY boyfriend always knows my weight. I told him a long time ago before I had even heard of the band and he has always been very supportive. It's good in some ways because I feel completely free to talk to him about it. Then other times when I haven't lost so much I feel like "he must know" because he knows how much I weigh, so in that way its bad.

My DH doesn't know the exact number, but he can ball-park it. It's not a big deal between us. We are both going through the insurance motions right now and fingers-crossed both have the surgery around the same time.

My doctor let it slip - 5 minutes after I told my BF! On my first visit after surgery my BF went with me, and while I was waiting on the doctor, I said, "Fine...I'll tell you." (He wasn't bothering me about it, but I felt badly not telling him when I tell him everything.) So, I fessed up and then the doctor walks in and says: So, at surgery you were 285, now you're 275. You've lost 10 pounds, great!

He and I just cracked up laughing, and when I told the doc, he looked a little stunned.

So, since then the cat's outta the bag and we weigh together each week. And, now that I weigh less than he does, I feel better. :rolleyes:

OMG whatta great post! My DH doesn't know how much I weigh, but he can ball park it! It is my goal to weigh at most what he weighs, hopefully ten lbs lighter! When my Water broke a year ago I went into the hospital and the nurse ask how much I weighed right in front of him. I said, "do I have to answer that question?" And she kinda looked at me, I finally fessed up to 258lbs. Well, I was pregnant. My hubby weighs maybe 158 soken wet. It was sooooooo embarrassing letting the cat outta the bag that I weighed 100lbs more than him.

Hell no!

And until I'm less than him, he won't.

He has never gone with me to any Dr. appointments so there is no reason for him to find out...yet.

Yup - recently he was over my shoulder telling me a story when I was on here and he saw my ticker. *blush*

He's known all along my biggest goal is just to weigh less than him so he's been really curious how much more weight I want to lose! He's about 180lbs.

Mine did not know pre-band but as soon as I was the same weight as him I could not wait for him to see the scale...now I am 40lbs under him:whoo: Never thought I would see the day!

HA!!! We have been married almost 10 years and I would never tell him my weight. I was a muscular 160 on wedding day. Well, muscle flabbed out and I gained 100 pounds. He kept asking me and I wouldn't tell him. I just told him about a month ago. He doesn't make fun of me or anything. He doesn't really mention it at all...now that I am grtting close to Onederland, we are both very excited...so ladies, it's not that bad if you tell him.

Wow, I'm the complete opposite. I tell everybody my weight.. I don't hide it at all... Hell, I even told my boss yesterday and talked on the phone with my doctor in a cubicle environment and know everybody heard it, but didn't even care. LOL. I confessed it on my 360 blog and guess I just never cared about it... they clearly can tell I'm a fat person.. and usually when I tell them what I weigh they say "holy crap, I never would have thought". They always think I'm 30-40 pounds less or more, so maybe I do it just for the shock effect. But, I dunno, it's just never bothered me. It's only a number and doesn't mean crap... you look how you look and our bodies are all shaped differently.

I am in the camp that I don't really care, so he knows. It is obvious I am fat! lol. He doesn't need to hear the number to know that. :P