Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your DH or SO know how much you weigh?

Does your S.O. know how much you weigh?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does your S.O. know how much you weigh?

• Yes, he/she knows my weight
    • No, he/she doesn't know my weight

Up until 8 years ago, I always weighed much less than my hubby. He only weighs about 170. I have no intention of telling him what I weigh until I'm close to goal. I weighed 115 on the day we were married. He can see how big I've become and that's enough.

My DH doesn't know my weight. I have told him that I weigh more than him but that is all I will say. It's hard because he is 5'11" 190lbs and I'm 5'3" 211lbs. It is embarrassing for me to weigh more than my husband.

My husband knows roughly how much I weigh. We are very open and honest with each other. He loves me the way I am and doesn't see my weight - we were just in the shops a few days ago and he pulled out a mini-skirt and offered to buy it for me! I just laughed and gave him a hug.

I told my SO when I decided to get banded, which is really hard because at that time our weight difference was over 80 lbs...yuk... I would NEVER have voluntarily gave out the info...

My mom had NO idea until I had lost some weight then told her, she was floored that I was a good chunk over 200. She weighs about 130 and always has. They have both been incredibly supportive and excited for this journey I am on.

I know it is just a number, but in my lifetime I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me I would some day weigh over 200 lbs....so when I went there and beyond, it did a number on my head and I couldn't even tell anyone.

Once I hit onederland...it all came out, and I don't regret talking about it one bit!

LOL...this has been a sore subject for me for years! My DH and I have been together for 12 years and I never would tell him how much I weigh. He is a thin person and can eat anything and never gains a pound (good genes).

So, I went through lapband surgery and started to lose weight, then my port flipped and I had to have revision surgery. As I was in the pre-op room waiting for to be rolled back for revision surgery, my DH was waiting with me. The anesthesologist came in and just blurted out "You weigh 275?" I was like "yeah" yeah...move on, hoping my DH didn't hear! Then after my surgery when we got home my DH said, "Does it bother you that the Dr blurted out your weight". I said no...because I had already steamed about it. Oh well...after 12 years this was the only thing he didn't know about me. Now he knows EVERYTHING!

before banding not only no but HELL NO.... in fact while they were getting me ready for the surgery, i had him leave when i even thought they'd bring up my weight (they never did)... i missed having him there cause i was so paranoid.

now, yup, he knows.. **shrug** he knows about what i am now and he knows how much i've lost so he knows i started in the 400 range :think that i dont like, but im never getting up there again, sooooo...

My DH knows and always have. I am now less overweight than he is - for the first time since we got married!! He now wants to lose 45# and I need 35# to be at goal :grouphug:

I never passed him on weight but he is a foot taller than me. I think he knows my weight better than me. When I think of my weight I automatically add 20# to the number because my head just hasn't caught up with the scale yet. Then I think about it and realize that I was wrong again. :P

He's always known and I'm fine with that. I tell him my weight and he tells me his. It's easier that way when we lose weight together we get to tell each other our scale victories. If he didn't know he wouldn't have been all excited when I got into onederland!

I didn't tell my DH until about a month ago when I reached ONDerland. He couldn't believe it. I still weigh more than him by about 7 pounds, so it's getting closer. I was mortified to tell him, but I did...now, I will pretty much tell anyone who asks because I don't weigh that anymore.

When I started dating my SO it was obvious that she made a lot more money than I and that I weighed a lot more than she.

We talked about how the numbers didn't define us, that they were only decriptors. Like brown hair or green eyes. The deal was that when she learned my wieght I'd learn her income.

To be honest I got tired of dancing around the numbers after being banded so I told her I didn't need to know what she made, but I weighed 260 at the time. More than 100 pounds over her.

Since then I've learned what she earns and it is literally 4 times my income....bless her vacation paying heart.

If my DH ever asked me, I'd tell him. I'll tell him when I reach a mini goal what I'm at, and he knows what I started at. *shrug*

When my DH and I got married, he weighed 50 pounds more than me. We are the same height. But he started gaining and so did I. For most of the time that we were married, we weighed about the same. I did at one point weigh about 25 pounds less than him (via Weight Watchers) but now, I am 60 pounds more.

It was definitely embarrassing when I told him that. I think it might've been when he suggested I borrow one of his shirts and I pointed out that there's no way it would button over my gut. :P

But he is very supportive and I will keep him updated on my mini-goals and goals.

Dh found out what I weighed a few weeks ago, when I was at 270. I was so pissed at him.

My scale is in the kitchen, so I weigh every morning. I always make sure he's out of the kitchen when I do so. Well he snuck around the corner while I was waiting for my digital scale to display my weight. So, then he has the balls to ask what my starting weight was.

Well he slept on the couch for 3 nights because my weight is just something I don't like to tell people I know (well at least thin ones or ones who haven't had WLS).

As long as my mother and sister don't know I'll be okay.

Yes, my dh knows my weight. I got over not wanting to tell him 18 months ago when an OB in Labor and delivery blurted it out in front of him. At 9 months preggo I was 375 lbs. By the time of my lapband surgery 1 year later I was down to 342 From there the numbers have only gotten smaller.