Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your DH or SO know how much you weigh?

Does your S.O. know how much you weigh?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does your S.O. know how much you weigh?

• Yes, he/she knows my weight
    • No, he/she doesn't know my weight

Absolutely. No secrets between us.

If I tell him I'm going to weigh, he will come watch as I do it and help me keep track of any loss.

It's not like - if he doesn't know my weight, maybe he won't realize I'm fat... with my ass walking around the house naked most of the time. :tt1:

Hubby didn't know until the morning we were both banded, standing next to each other being weighed in. Now, since we're both banded it's a competition each AM "how much did you loose????"

When I told my SO how much I weigh and he thought I was joking. I really don't look it (right now at 230 lbs I am fitting comfortably in a Lane Bryant size 16 jeans) so most people don't believe me when I tell them how much I weigh. I never had a problem telling him my weight (by the way he is about 160-165 lbs soaking wet) grrrrrrrr

My DH only knows what I weighed on our wedding day (which is currently my goal weight). He has never asked, and it never came up in conversation. Now, as I am losing weight, he asks how much I have lost, and what is my goal. I think he would be *shocked* if he knew the actual number. Especially since, at my highest, I was 30 pounds heavier than him (and I am 10 inches shorter!).

Now, thinking about it, it is so odd that I have been ashamed to tell him my weight. After all, we have been married 15 years, he has seen me naked, he has watched me give birth to two children....my weight is just a dumb number on a scale! Interesting......

But he will get on the scale, and tell me what he weighs, and then tell me "ok come show off!" He sees the numbers, what has shocked him is how I have went from being unable to button his shirts around me, or his Tshirts being skin tight to unwearable---I went through a stage where they fit, and now they are too big!

So yeah he knows. Originally I hid it, when it finally come out is when I was spurred on to do something!

I think if I dig deep I might still find a secret or 2!!

Kat

Kat, your story really struck a chord with me. My hubby is the same way and now we weigh about the same (I can hardly wait to weigh less than he does). It's nice to have someone to share it with (he too needs to lose weight), so we are in a healthy competition. He's so excited about my milestones (getting under 230 was a biggee for me, haven't done that for 10 years). I make him weigh with me now and tease him if I'm still more than him.

Isn't it funny how we don't mind sharing our weights with strangers and yet feel shy when it comes to the ones we love (like they would love us less if they knew?)

-Becky :(

Mine has always known and he has always said he loves me at whatever weight I might be. I keep kidding him and tell him I am gonna gain everything I have lost back, and he says baby I love you no matter what. I got a good one!

Why does this matter so much to me?

He paid for my surgery and I'm nearly 3 months out with no weight loss.

Hmmm, if he is your dh....isn't it both of your money? Maybe if you start looking at it that way instead of 'he paid for it' it may take off some pressure that you are putting yourself through and the scale will start moving? Just a thought!

You will do great! Follow the bandster rules and keep plugging away...it will happen :biggrin:

By the way, yes my dh has always known my weight. We Celebrate my losses together.

Well, he had just received this 'gift' from his recently deceased mom. It kind of felt like, "cool! would you buy me a lapband?" .... you know what I mean. My dh thinks I'm crazy. He believes its a totally good investment. It's just in my crazy mind that these things flutter through. Thank you for your words of encouragement! Valerie

Hell I Wish My Wife Would Ask Or Show Some Concern. She Thinks The Lap Band Idea Is Stupid Because I Should Just "eat Less And Do More Exercise". What A Briliant Idea I Say.. Wish I Had Thought Of That. Im 6'4" 340 Lbs. Which Is About 130 Lbs Overweight. Sometimes I Think She Wants Me To Stay Fat, I Guess So I Will Die Early From Some Comorbidity Associated With Fat. Hell Im Worth Alot More Dead Than Alive. Who Gives A *#@% Anyway. For Those Of You Whose Spouse Is Interested Great And For Those Like Mine Well Kiss My ###.

I finally told my DH last night. I was embarrassed and I think it is only because I weight more than him and to me that is just not natural. He said that my weight wasn't that bad but I think he was a little shocked. I had my surgery 5 days ago and so far he has been very supportive.

Unfortunately, I can't let my DH know.

He is such a numbers person - I am afraid I would never reach an acceptable weight for him.

He has this number in his head that I should weigh - for 30 years now and I never have measured up.

One time before I had my son - I had reached 139 and had an anethesiologist tell me I better stop loosing weight. Well, it wasn't enough for him. 135 was the number. It has plagued me for a long time.

So no I don't tell.

C.N.

He has always known. It is not a secret. Its not a secret to anyone. It stoped being a secret quite a while ago. I'm fat. I think people noticed. Its ok to talk about. Not talking about is, I figure, the sort of thing that makes teens think everyone is supposed to weigh 120 or whatever. DH and I are the same height and I've always weight more than him. Though he has gained weight since I've gotten banded- I find that ironic. He went to the Dr. recently for an annual physical (it has been several years) because I made him. According to the BMI chart, he's a little overweight (almost halfway to obese-- that can't be right!) is how he puts it despairingly). He needs to lose 10 pounds. I'm not about to cry him a river. His blood pressure was also a bit high, and he gets stressed, and headaches, so he is supposed to start exercising on a regular basis, the doctor says. So now I remind him and encourage him to join me at the gym. I did laugh at him, just a little when I heard he was supposed to exercise. But that is because not only I, but also friends have been telling him this for a long time. Of course he also has this retainer he never wears (he has braces that recently came off after 3 years). Sometimes he is supportive- most of the time. But sometimes he nags about stuff, like when I eat some junk food. Then I remind him he drink way too much mountain dew and its really unheathy for him, and he eats honey Buns by the case. I warn my husband that when I lose all the weight I'm getting my wedding dress taken way in and we have to get a picture retaken with him in his suite and me in the dress, looking all nice together.

:frown: My husband has always known my weight since I was banded, I have been banded since 10/06 and have lost 65lbs but now I have really slowed down and am kind of stuck at the same weight. The problem is now my husband ask me every day "how much more weight have you lost" and it gets really frustraighting specially when I am not losing.

NO! My husband has never known my weight--even when I weighed 125 pounds and *thought* I needed to diet! (sigh, I'd give all the toes on my right food to weigh near there now! LOL) Anyway, he 'guesses' my weight to be about 20 pounds less than I weigh right now so I"m happy letting him believe that for now. Whenever I get near my goal I'll def. tell him how much I weighed because I think he'd be shocked to know!

Amy