Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February/March 08 plastics

Nana: I'm the one that posted my skin! It's nice to see it. Something that I did that helped me, was to take my own before pictures. When I get worried about how my post surgery body looks, I get out my pre-surgery pictures and immediately feel better. I look better than I did. If you didn't take pictures, ask for a copy of your doctor's pre-surgery pictures. Also, look around and you'll see lots of imperfect bodies. I hope you can find some peace about how you look. I thought your after pictures were simply marvelous! That being said, if you absolutely hate how your breasts turned out, maybe you should go see some other plastic surgeons and get a second opinion about what could be done.

The anesthesiologist called back this morning and agreed it looked like it had been double billed. She said she was surprised UHC approved it. She said that many time in the larger insurance companies, their is not much review on the front end, but stricter review on the back end and it may be overturned. She is going to check to make sure that UHC is not going to reverse their decsision, then refund us if it holds up.

Well Neal, I'm glad you stood up for yourself. I hope it pays off! Have you started exercising since your surgery? I'm wondering if the swelling is going to happen if it should be ignored or tolerated and we should push ourselves or if the swelling is natures way of saying to slow down? Anyone have any theories on this?

karey,

im one of the 'ignore it, im going to swell anyway' people..

i have to get up and move ... even if its only walking 1.4mph 30-45 mins a few times a week.

Does anyone know if it's a problem sleeping on your side after a TT & Lipo on the hips. I'm just over 2 weeks post op & just sleeping on my back is taking it's toll on my neck (despite good neck support). Last night I had a very restless night & the only comfortable position was curled up on my side. I had to roll onto my side carefully, but I wanted to know if it's ok.

Hi Ice Cream - I have been sleeping on my sides since a few days post-op from my TT. I am a stomach sleeper (or used to be) and like you, sleeping on my back was not really working for me. I haven't had any problems with sleeping on my sides since I started . . .

Neil - I hope you see some of your money again, that would be awesome!

I have a question - Have any of you had any type of stomach 'bug' since being banded?

Last night during the last inning of my son's baseball game I was hit from out of the blue with a horrible feeling of nausea. Luckily, I didn't start throwing up until I got home, but then did several times. :)

I am sure I am fine - I just found 'throwing up' to be really wierd . . . I used to throw up my toenails before I was banded, last night - not the same. I was actually hoping I could puke my head off, hoping that would make the feeling go away . . . Today I feel better - not so nauseaus, but not quite 'right.'

Oh - and I have another question . . . I wonder how we will know when we aren't 'swelling' anymore ??? I have a friend who had a TT in November and she says she is still swollen . . . I wonder how we'll know when we are 'there' . . . you know, how we are going to look after the surgery?

I would like to think my whole body is swollen, but have decided I'm going to need to lose at least 10 more pounds to get to where I want to be.

And exercising couldn't hurt - if only I could talk myself into it. I am 5 weeks post-op now and my abdomen still feels like a rubber band that is stretched too tight and is about to pop . . . Does anyone else feel like that?

Oh, and . . . my port ??? Well, that little sucker is now poking out prominently for all to see and wonder what the heck it is!

I didn't have hip Lipo, but the flanks, (bra area), and I started sleeping on side within a week. My ps surgeon said sleep was more important than which way I slept.

Karey, thanks for the support and suggestions.

Okay, about exercise. My son is in his last year of medical school, so he isn't an expert, but he is very opinionated! He told me that exercise causes micro tears in the muscles and that is not something that you want after a Tummy Tuck, especially with muscle repair. He said that I am at a lot higher risk for getting a hernia for a while and need the time to heal. His feeling is that mild walking is the only form of exercise for at 6-8 weeks. I see my PS on Monday and I'm going to try and pin him down. My son went into a lot of detail about wound healing and how after 2 weeks the wounds are healed on the surface but not in the deep tissue. I guess I will listen. Besides my energy levels just not that great. I'm on the go all day, but by the end of the day I'm super tired and whining. Patience is hard.

Lynn: I had a vomiting episode about a week after my PS and it was miserable. Unfortunately, I ended up having to have an unfill. I couldn't even hold Water down. Tomorrow I go for a fill and I'm quite nervous about it. Never have been nervous before, but it was awful. Just don't want to be too tight!

karey,

i completely agree about the exercise. all i am doing is walking between 30 - 60 minutes 2 times a week. even after that i swell quite horridly.

good luck on your fill today.

karey,

i completely agree about the exercise. all i am doing is walking between 30 - 60 minutes 2 times a week. even after that i swell quite horridly.

good luck on your fill today.

OK I just looked at your blog!! And your newest pix, Damn you look awsome:w00t::scared2::sad::lol:Wohooo

karey

I'd be ticked and call the designer!! $4000 is a ton for a dress you didnt get..

shalee

thanks.. it was a great non swell day until about 5ish then the tree trunk returned.. :cursing:

its all in my upper tummy and I hate it. grrrr

it almost looks like before lap band. *sigh*

ok, not REALLY, but it feels like it.

hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe I'm over a month out already!!!