Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

MORNING PAMELA! How's your weekend gonna be? More skinny dipping? so jealous...

Tracy - to tell you the truth, I never liked her on the show at first. I didn't like that fact that she would always make these obese people wait on surgery because they weren't mentally ready. NOW, after having it experienced it myself, I know that you must be mentally ready first before you do the surgery.

Pamela -- posting this especially for you, and any other heathens who enjoy a glass or three of Sangria.....

Classic Spanish Sangria

This is an authentic version of the popular wine drink. You can add any fruit that you want, but I find that apples and pears absorb all the rum. This one is not diluted with carbonated beverages. I have much success with red Burgundy wine and white rum, though spiced rum is nice too.

Servings: 6 (or one!?)

Ingredients:

1 lemon

1 lime

1 orange

1 1/2 cups rum

1/2 cup white sugar

1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine

1 cup orange juice

Directions:

1. Have the fruit, rum, wine, and orange juice well chilled. Slice the lemon, lime and orange into thin rounds and place in a large glass pitcher. Pour in the rum and sugar. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours to develop the flavors. 2. When ready to serve, crush the fruit lightly with a wooden spoon and stir in the wine and orange juice. Adjust sweetness to taste.

Variations suggested by some reviewers:

Add Sprite or Ginger Ale to make less strong (have this on hand just in case)

Blackberry wine instead of red

Use cheaper wine, not expensive

Spiced rum instead of regular

Cut rum in half

Add cut up apples, kiwi, strawberries, and/or blueberries

Soak fruit overnight in rum and sugar mixture

Edited by TerriDoodle

yum terri...i am ready now.

no plans this weekend...might have my nephew on Sunday...kinda got the blues.

Yesterday, I found out I am teaching Math, Science and Soc. Stud. for one group at the strategic level (one level below "grade level") and then Math and Science for another group of kids at the intensive level (two levels below "grade level"). I am not teaching any lang arts, and no longer teaching second lang learners. I am very bummed about this. So I am gonna lick my wounds this weekend...and try to find a 'GOOD FREAKING ATTITUDE' as I head into Monday's week long training! Wish me luck.

OHHHHHHHHH and I'm hungry!

My unfill really has loosened me up......

Last night I actually ate (and kept down) grilled chicken!!!!!!

Oh and office funny.........

I turned my boss on to Facebook! ROFLMAO!!!! he is in there right now pounding away at his keyboard searching for "friends"

he found his nephew and daughter on there and I had some pics of him on my puter so I posted them for him. He said... ahh Trace this could be dangerous for me! LOL

Pamela -- Y'know, there might be a very good reason you are being put in the classes you are in....something that has nothing to do with math, science or social studies....but because some child(ren) need you and their angels are busy making the arrangements.

I think we all know how influential teachers can be in our lives, they can be friends and even saviors. Perhaps you'll be the only teacher one of these kids has ever had that paid any real attention to them. Perhaps you are the one that finally ignites their desire to learn. And you may not ever be aware of the influence you've had!!

The best teacher I ever had was a lady named Mrs. Quick. I am sure she's been dead for many years by now but I regret never having told her that the (English) education she crammed down our throats and the high expectations she had for us were exactly what we needed at the time. She was awesome and taught me so much. I never got to thank her, but I think about her very often.

So,....be on the lookout for angels....they must be very busy this time of year.

Well, as a result of all of the blood draining out of my face yesterday as they gave me the new schedule...they've made a few changes. :thumbup:

I will be teaching 6th grade self contained. So instead of 65 students (total), I'll have 33 all day!!! I will be teaching, Lang Arts, Math, Sci and Soc. Studies! I AM SOOOOO FREAKIN HAPPY! I love "plan b"!

Thanks for you wonderful words Terri...I love teaching, but I had the hardest year of my life last year...so I am a bit tainted. Then, you come and shine me up again...and I am ready to go!

xoxoxoxoxo

HayDee, My insurance required that I have a phsyc-val before my surgery. So off I went to one of the most terrible Doctors I have ever been to. She was horrid. My first visit within 15 minutes she proceeded to tell me that all my eating problems could be blamed on 2 things, my parents and my church. I was so in shock I didn't know what to say.

I have never in my whole life blamed my parents for my weight. My parents were a product of the times and that is not their fault. They had just come from WWII and things were rationed and sparse. You ate what you could because you didn't know when your next meal will be. So when things prospered in the fifties and sixties all they knew was that what you had on your plate you ate all of it. That was when meals started to get bigger and food improved alot. Also preservatives were for front and all the other stuff they inject into our food. I never will ever blame my parents for raising me the best they could.

My weight problem is mine and mine only. I'm the one that sticks the food into my mouth. I don't see anyone holding a gun to my head. I know when I'm full. I know when to stop. I know what the Hell I'm doing. It is up to me to correct my errors. And this is where my Band comes into affect. My band tells me to stop. My band won't let me put that extra bite into my mouth. I have also learned over the last few years how to even eat better. I'm making better choices of what goes in my mouth. I'm taking control and it a long road.

And how my Church has anything to do with it I'll never know.

I came home from my first visit and grabbed the paint brush out of my husbands hands and went to town staining the deck. I did the whole thing by myself while he sat and watched me cry my eyes out, he knew not to come near me and to let me deal with this in my head. My parents were the best parents a person could ever ask for and I'm sure if she had known them she would be ashamed of herself.

I did go back to her and I played her little game. I agreed with all she had to say and I was the model patient. It took 9 visits before she finally agreed to write the letter I need. So on the 10th visit I finally had her fax the letter over to the Doctor's office. I also noticed that she had a new leather couch and loveseat. Hmmm, 10 visits at $150 each. Yup, I bought her new furniture. I left that office and never went back. There is more to this story and when I see you all next June I will tell you more of what she had to say. But for now just remember she has to be the most horrible person that I have ever ran into.

Sorry about the long post.

One of the best things I ever did was to join this group. You guys have done more for me than any Doc with a degree could do. You help me be accountable for my actions.

You guys are the best. Hugs to you all

Edited by Suziecat

TracyinKS - just wanted to stop by and tell you I saw your pics on the Before/after thread, you look Amazing! Girl, keep it up, your looking like a model.:thumbup:

Hey girls---------

I am exhausted, and heading in to take a nap so I can go to the fair tonight. We cut, hauled and stacked a cord of wood---and then went and bucked about a hundred bales of hay, and moved irrigation pipe. I ache in places I forgot I had!!!

And to top it all off, I stepped on a board with a nail in it at my inlaws----so my foot hurts as well! But I had the 2 surgeries recently so know my tetanus is up to date--I just wanted to whine about it!!! LOL

Hugs to you all---I'll check back in tomorrow I imagine.

Kat

Susie~ great post...thanks for sharing that. I love how in 15 minutes she could figure you all out. My psych eval was w/ this GEORGOUS...I MEAN STUNNING KNOCK OUT woman. Gay or not, ya'll would be blown away how hot she was. She was built like a brick shit house. I was embarrassed to talk to her at first, then once I started...I couldn't shut up. She said she would approve me (one time visit..1 hour to determine if I was "strong" enough for the surgery), but she recommended I see someone, if not her, about other things in my life. I went in to her and blabbed about my time caring for my mom. I am still f'd up about all that...working through shit all the time!

I agree, my violets are the best source of strength.