Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Ok ladies, we need a new thread. It is taking way too long to pull up or post because we have 1000'ssss of replies (we are a chatty bunch). If I am gonna pop in at work I need it to be quick, :)

Is it ok that we start a part deux thread? Say yes cause I already did.

Kat~ So glad you friends are found. I think I heard this on the news this morning too, but was jumpin into shower at 5am...so I am a little foggy then. See...don't mess w/ purple power!

I love being the teacher!!! "OK class, I want a two page essay telling me what you did over the holiday break and what traditions your family celebrates for Christmas and New Years." Of course they groan. I turn on my classical music station and my Scentsy Candle and it smells sooo good and the music sets a nice tone...everyone is writing! Aaahhh...wish it were this easy for math class, I have to work then, lol.

No sugar today!!! So far...but I am really pushing for it! I figure 3-4 days w/o sugar and I will have a headache but who cares. The scale said 252 this morning...got to push for the 240. I am really gonna try, wish me luck!

Talk to you later!

xoxoxoxo

Just snapped these over my lunch because my sis wanted to know what the dress looked like..... ( I hate my arms, but they will be tan atleast!)

post-208811-13813136186817_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813136187137_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813136187224_thumb.jpg

Ohhh Tracy it's so beautiful, and you're so beautiful. I love it :)

Look at that great figure.

Just snapped these over my lunch because my sis wanted to know what the dress looked like..... ( I hate my arms, but they will be tan atleast!)

Gore-gee-ussssss woman!! Woooo hooooo.. beautiful dress on a beautiful lady. Just a suggestion and I'm not making it cause I think you need it, but I'm guessing you think you do.. have you thought of a little throw.. something light and chiffony??

How are you going to wear your hair?? What jewelry do you have picked out? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Pamela.. lucky YOU to be able to give the kids that assignment. It never would have gone over so well in Kindergarten.. lol But then again they brought their toys and show and tell went on for hours and hours!!

As for the Water question. I get 2 DejaBlue bottles and fill them with water and put in a two packs of Crystal Light to go.... one of lemonade and one of raspberry lemonade It's just the right amount of flavor for me and when I have drunk both bottles, I know I will have had my 8 glasses plus a little extra. It's much easier for me than having to remember how many glasses I have had during the day. Right now I'm finishing the first bottle and the second one is in the freezer. I'll have that after supper and during the evening. Works out perfectly for me.

A new thread for the New Year! I always wondered what happened after 11 months of posts! Now I know... it just s-l-o-w-s down...

Tracy you look great! The first thing I noticed it the fabulous cleavage in the 1st pic!! Flaunt it if you've got it, girlfriend!! :)

Who wants to crash her party w/me?????

I was wondering if the size of the thread is what was making things load so slow----good thought! Hope it helps!

The crews got to Shannon and her family, they are supposed to have more live at 5~~ I talked to her Uncle, and there is no cell service, power is out everywhere, so even he had not heard from Errol. Chris his wife is a teacher, she is supposed to call me after work.

Yes you probably heard it, it was on the MSN news as well. I always hear things like that, and my heart goes out to them, and their loved ones, but this one---my heart was involved!!! Such a relief!!!

It is still snowing here, has not let up for a minute since early this morning. I need to clear walks, but as fast as it is coming down, it seems useless. Just sitting around, and doing laundry. Cooking some green chile to have with our dinner tonight. I need to vaccuum, but nothing too much....stripped and changed the bed, piccling around....busy work!

Looks like I might end up with company! Both my friends---Becky, and Michelle, have called, and they are without power. Electric company says lines are going down right and left, and it could be 8-12 hours. Becky & Gary have their new woodstove, but Michelle is without heat! She is going to her Mom & Dad's, but if it gets too bad, Becky and her family will likely end up here! At least her and Gary.

Well I am going to go change out loads of laundry.

Hugs!

Kat

I think all of LBT has been messed up recently, maybe has to do with the changes. One change I DON'T like, is how when you click on this thread for example, it takes you to the end, not where you left off.

If you click on this thread from it's recent posts, it takes you to where you left off. When they sub-divided the groups like it is now, you can't ever click on recent posts unless it's the last thing posted in the entire monthly forums area.

I feel better today, me and DH are being nicer to each other. And Michelle, I see what you're saying, but it's not a situation where I'm in a bad marriage and I'm settling.. I'm being very general because I don't like to air my dirty laundry.. always seems to doom me if I do hah hah. I love him and he's a great person, but in the past few months he's making just.. STUPID decisions, and I'm having to act like his mom, taking things from him and 'punishing' him and I hate it. I told him he needs to grow up and quit acting like he's my kid. He wasn't always like this, so something is up. I don't know what it is, but I'm not gonna put up with it anymore. But he doesnt understand why I'm so upset, so he's not going to change. So once every couple weeks we get into a big fight about it, and I'm just.. tired.

I think the tightness due to stress is hitting me. I love this squash I made the other night (sautee'd with garlic).. I am having such issues getting it to go down, why!! So I had some for lunch, 2 bites and I hurt, and I ended up with a small PB about 30 minutes later, the edge of the squash. So I think I'll try peeling them next time I make it.

We're going to Old Navy to return some clothes I bought online.

Everyone who's mentioned buying their plus size, say they run small. I've ALWAYS found they run big. In any event, the women's plus is 'web exclusive', so I order from there. Since I can possibly fit into VS's XL, I decided to check out their normal size women's.

Well.. Old Navy's women's go to 2xl! What's the difference?! So I ordered some shirts on sale from the normal women's in 2x, and then some of the plus shirts in 2x. I also bought a belt in 3x (just to be sure it fit).

Well the 2xl from the normal women's looks like a tent on me. Literally. Ok I know I don't have body dysmorphia? in the way that I think I'm bigger than I am. I've always thought I'm smaller than I am. But with the XL shirt I am wearing from the Bitten line.. and now a 2xl old navy shirt is a tent on me, I don't know what's going on! Their 2xl sweater I got from the plus department fits perfect. Goofy sizing, I need to stop buying online right now, seems nothing fits anymore. Oh and the 3x belt.. I'm a good 7 inches past the smallest notch. That was weird. So I'm returning both of those, probably for a store credit if they don't carry plus in the store. If they do carry plus, DH going to sit with me while I try on a bunch of stuff to get sizing info.

Then we're off to Best Buy.. we got a lot of BB gift cards for xmas. Not sure what we're getting yet.

And finally, I found a butcher in my city. I've been watching cooking shows where they make lamb stuff, or duck stuff. I love lamb, never had duck. I wanted to try making both. Going to run by the butcher also and get some duck breasts. From the sounds of it- i'd like it. I don't like how dry chicken is, but everyone says duck is like lamb, or like beef, etc. Num num.

I'm rambling.

LOL Judy.... please tell me what you would think is good! I am horrible with that kind of stuff.... please go pick out something online and send me the link.....

Terry is actually making my jewelry... so we will see what shows up in the mail!

I will be spanx'd and hopefully about 10 more pounds down so that the dress won't be so tight........ but michelle! LOL... dh saw the dress and was like WOWZER!!!

hair... I don't know......... thinking of going and getting it highlighted.... and DONE.. but up or down?????

With the weight loss, your face structure is emerging so beautifully---I vote up!!! Something special for a special day!!!

Kat

TracyKS, it looks to me like you have naturally curly hair, so maybe put it half up and let the rest curl down the back? I don't know, you look like you have great hair.< /p>

I always wondered about why it took so long, now I know!!!

Went to Wal Mart and got some of those Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes. Has anyone had them? They really don't taste bad, but oh my gosh they are soooo small. They look big in the ads, but really what can you expect for 100 calories?!?

Off to do some things around the house!!

Jane

Those 100 calories hostess things.. I don't really like those anyway, but my dad bought them in his effort to act like he's eating better. He loves em. I tried one, I didn't like it.. but I think it's cause I don't really like the normal ones.

I vote UP tracy. You pull off the up-do so well. It flatters your face nicely. When my hair is up, makes my face look fatter, thats why I opted for down even in 120 degree weather (ugh).

And even though you don't like your arms (I didn't like mine either), I think shawls & wraps don't look appropriate for wedding dresses. That's just my 2 cents though! That's why I was originally wanting the winter wedding so I could just wear a long sleeve.

I get what you're saying, Laura... and I didn't mean to imply at all that I am in a bad marriage... far, far, from it!... it's just... y'know... it's compromise and after 20 years... I wonder where "I" went...

I vote up on the hair... w/soft, curly tendrils... definitely make an appointment to have it done on the big day -- go about 1 week beforehand & have her play w/it & figure out what you want so that you're not surprised w/a "helmet head" where all the birdseed will get stuck in it for like, 3 days!! :) (Who me? Speaking from experience?? I was 23, what did I know??)

Terry is making your jewelry?? Wowza!! What a gift she has & is!!

I have PTA tonight... oh joy, oh rapture...

Jane: I had a perm back in May I think.. it is all but gone now.. I have fine hair with body... I can put crap on it and make it wave a bit, I wouldn't call my hair great..... it goes flat real easy and this little impromptu updo for this pic was simply pulling my pony tail high up on my head.......

I dont think a viel would really be my style... since this is my second go round, but my arms... YUCK.....

thanks for all the compliments ladies...... it really means a lot...

So do all hairdressers do UpDo's????

At my first wedding I did my own hair. (disaster!) LeePress on nails that kept popping off (it was august!) and a size 18 dress.......

this one is shaping up better already!

BTW, girlz.... I asked the admin to close and lock the other thread. We can have some kind of ceremony when that is done. LOL