Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I'm baaaaaack!!

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou all so very much for your kind thoughts and prayers. As promised, I was thinking of you all and saying your names in my mind as I went under.

Dr. Padovan found my liver and stomach covered in adhesions and had a hard time separating them. He took the band out but said it was not safe to put another in or do anything else so he stitched that area and repaired the hernia. I was a little disapointed that he didn't use the mesh after all. He said he found some strong muscle so used that. If it breaks through again, then he will use the mesh. DARN. I didn't want there to be a next time.

I'm stapled up like a rolled roast. The odd thing is that I went in there weighing 75 kilos = 165lbs and came out weighing 81 kilos = 178.2lbs. I only had three normal meals, the rest were clear fluids. I was very upset about that. I'm so scared of putting it all back on again.

The vomiting has stopped and only occassional burping.

Nearly forgot, there was not a bit of Protein in my blood.

He said my body was in a starving mode because nothing could get through.

Have to lie down again now, still early days.

Wow, Livin4Jesus, you went to a lot of trouble to try to find me. Thank you.

I had asked my eldest daughter to post for me but she'd been caught up with the trial she's on and working 12 hour days without breaks.

Best wishes to all and thank you all so very much again. You really did make a difference, especially where the pain levels were/are concerned. Helene.

I'm baaaaaack!!

Hi Everyone,

Thankyou all so very much for your kind thoughts and prayers. As promised, I was thinking of you all and saying your names in my mind as I went under.

Dr. Padovan found my liver and stomach covered in adhesions and had a hard time separating them. He took the band out but said it was not safe to put another in or do anything else so he stitched that area and repaired the hernia. I was a little disapointed that he didn't use the mesh after all. He said he found some strong muscle so used that. If it breaks through again, then he will use the mesh. DARN. I didn't want there to be a next time.

I'm stapled up like a rolled roast. The odd thing is that I went in there weighing 75 kilos = 165lbs and came out weighing 81 kilos = 178.2lbs. I only had three normal meals, the rest were clear fluids. I was very upset about that. I'm so scared of putting it all back on again.

The vomiting has stopped and only occassional burping.

Nearly forgot, there was not a bit of Protein in my blood.

He said my body was in a starving mode because nothing could get through.

Have to lie down again now, still early days.

Wow, Livin4Jesus, you went to a lot of trouble to try to find me. Thank you.

I had asked my eldest daughter to post for me but she'd been caught up with the trial she's on and working 12 hour days without breaks.

Best wishes to all and thank you all so very much again. You really did make a difference, especially where the pain levels were/are concerned. Helene.

Helene

Although I don't post much I read almost every day and I have been very concerned and so happy to see your post. I was praying for you as well and very anxious to hear how you were. I am so glad that you were able to get this straightened out - you sure have had your troubles. I also pray that you can maintain and not gain after all the hard work that you have done. Take care and rest but keep in touch so that we can all hear about your progress.

Good luck

Sandi

Helene

So glad everything went well - you are on the mends - and don't worry about that gain right now - it's most likely just from the surgery - Heal and get your strenght back and then move on from there. So Happy to hear from you -'

Hugs Janet

Glad your back and on the mend Helen. I look more than I post here. I started to say I stalk in here. LOL I'm a stalker! Anyway prayers for quick healing are with you.

Helene,

We are all so happy that you are back and on the mend!

That is wonderful news!

I am new to this site. I had sugery in 2006 and did good for about 1 yr and I know I have cheated some but it seems I don't eat anything but for the last year I have gain a lb here and there. I have gain appx 17 lbs back and cannot figure why, thought it may have to do with the age. I have not been back in a long time to the doctor so was wondering if it is too late to have a fill or if something could have happen with the lap band. Any suggestions?

Indio - I'm with you. Exercise is key. I work out 5 days a week for 45 minutes of EFX cardio and two half hours with a trainer. I am hoping to minimize the amount of skin surgery I will have to do after, plus I finally am feeling fabulous from the endorphins. About fills, don't worry NM I did the same thing. Sometimes food is no problem, but I find I can't eat and talk, unless I am very consciously eating and chewing. I also find it easier at night than the morning. I have to cut up veggies into small bites, same with meat, I also have to "wet" my meat whether it is ketchup or gravy but I need sauce for it to go smoothly down. Niknacnut- I hadn't heard about pineapple juice, but it makes sense. It is sweet and slimy and would help things slide down. I also am really careful when I eat out. I try never to go out too hungry, because I gulp.

Hugs all, I will start using this site.

Michelle

I am new to this site. I had sugery in 2006 and did good for about 1 yr and I know I have cheated some but it seems I don't eat anything but for the last year I have gain a lb here and there. I have gain appx 17 lbs back and cannot figure why, thought it may have to do with the age. I have not been back in a long time to the doctor so was wondering if it is too late to have a fill or if something could have happen with the lap band. Any suggestions?

Hi Black917 - Welcome to the thread !!!

#1 - Go to your Doc - Talk to him - our band is only a tool and that tool only works if it's maintained - do you have restriction ?? Only your doc can say if anything has happend to your band.. But as we do lose with the band can get looser.

#2 - Go back to the basics - Track your food - small bite - Protein first etc..

#3 - What are you eating - What's yor exercise..

#4 - Keep coming back to LBT - It's great for info and support and we all need that...

Hugs - Janet

I don't know if any of you have seen this - but thought I would give you all a heads up - Post from Alex from last night

LapBandTalk.com is Moving!

LapBandTalk.com will be migrating it’s service to a new infrastructure over the weekend.

Lately, LapBandTalk.com has experienced a large increase in traffic. We’ve optimized the current servers to run as good as they’re capable of, yet the constant increase in traffic requires us to upgrade to our new infrastructure.

The new environment will allow us to grow with our traffic. Instantly. We have spent many weeks designing and testing the new infrastructure and are confident that your experience will be more consistent, and greatly improved.

We will begin the transition this Sunday at 12:00AM EST, at which time LapBandTalk.com will become unavailable.

The entire migration should take between 4 and 6 hours, and will be fully operational on its return.

Once the move has been completed, we are going to activate an e-mail address for bug reports. Should you notice any issues with site loading, posting, uploading, chat, etc. we urge you to report the issue to bugs@lapbandtalk.com with full details on the issue, as well as a URL if available.

Supporting Each Other,

The LapBandTalk Team

Alex

- LBT Founder

---------------

Banded in NYU by Dr. Ren

7/17/03 257 Lbs

Currently 156 Lbs

Helene I am so glad you're back and on the mend. We were all so worried about you. I hope you will keep posting on this thread even if you don't have your band anymore. We would miss you!

Hi Black917! You are the only one that knows if you have restriction or not. If you feel like you can eat too much, maybe you do need a fill. Of course everyone will tell you the band will not make your food choices for you. Even if

we have restriction, there are a lot of bad foods that work well with the band that cause us to gain weight.

Helene, So glad to hear you are on the mend. I have been following your ordeal. Let's hope the rest is easy. Jane

Helene, Oh, I am so glad you are on the mend. Just keep eating like you had a band. I know, easier said than done, but I am sure you have better eating habits than before the band. Stay in touch. We still want to hear from you. Take care!

Helene, I am so glad to hear from you. Please take it easy and rest - get your strength back. You have been through a nightmare. I agree with Janet - don't worry about gaining right now. You need to get back to good health first - everything else can wait.

My DS turns 40 years old today. DH and I were discussing - I said I think my crisis will be when our youngest turns 40 - 2 1/2 years away... Oh dear...

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

helene - so glad to see you are home and on the mend.

Janet - if LapbandTalk.com is gone as of Sun. where do we connect to the new site.. did I miss that in the message you posted

Lap band talk is not going anywhere. Alex is putting us on a new server so he doesn't have to deal with all the problems he has had to deal with lately.

Lap Band Talk will be down from midnight eastern time for about 3-4 hours.

I will keep all of you posted on any new information. You sill still sign in here just like always though. None of us will notice the difference, other than times that they haven't been able to get on here should disappear.

Lap band talk is not going anywhere. Alex is putting us on a new server so he doesn't have to deal with all the problems he has had to deal with lately.

Lap Band Talk will be down from midnight eastern time for about 3-4 hours.

I will keep all of you posted on any new information. You sill still sign in here just like always though. None of us will notice the difference, other than times that they haven't been able to get on here should disappear.

So we don't need a new web address or anything like that.

Only bump in the road for us is that the site will be down while they make the transition.

Wasn't it GREAT to hear from Helene (katydid)!!?? I know you were relieved, as we all were, to hear that she's on the mend!