Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Nice to hear kind thoughts from the other old timers. As for Indio's question about my current state of fill, well, I have been living in a state of defill since last August. This has been prompted by my medical hassles. I had initially figured that I was going through a bout of acid reflux and that once this was under control I would be able to get myself filled up and that life would continue on its pleasant and orderly path.

Problem is that since this defill other personal medical stuff has been going on. It does not seem that any of this is connected to my beloved band. I sure do feel frustrated by my current set of medical headaches and although I am doing fine at maintaining my membership in normoloid city I sure do miss the restriction provided by my band.

Nice to hear kind thoughts from the other old timers. As for Indio's question about my current state of fill, well, I have been living in a state of defill since last August. This has been prompted by my medical hassles. I had initially figured that I was going through a bout of acid reflux and that once this was under control I would be able to get myself filled up and that life would continue on its pleasant and orderly path.

Problem is that since this defill other personal medical stuff has been going on. It does not seem that any of this is connected to my beloved band. I sure do feel frustrated by my current set of medical headaches and although I am doing fine at maintaining my membership in normoloid city I sure do miss the restriction provided by my band.

Green - MAJOR PROPS to you for maintain for 6 months with NO FILL :D

CONGRATUATIONS - WAY TO GO :tt2: BY God I think you got it - and you say you aren't all there - I think your pretty friggin fantastic....

You are proof in my mind that the band is only a tool and that majority of the work is all in your brain in changing your eating habits.

Again MAJOR PROPS... You are my hero...

waiting for surg. date. what is PB? I am 52, a nurse in Idaho and weigh 330 lbs. My ins. won't pay any of this. Still working even though I have three herniated disks, one of ther ruptured still have high hopes that as the weight comes off I will be more mobile.

Hi Roxy,

A PB is a productive burp. Which means food comes right back up with the burp.

From what I understand, it is different than vomiting. Not all the stomach acid. I am sure some more experienced bandsters have more to add.

I haven't had one yet - but I am sure I will at some point.

I hope you get your surgery date soon. It seems sometimes as long process - but well worth it.

You will become much more mobile after losing weight. It amazes me that insurance companies just don't have a clue about the band and how it can improve your health. I pray that in the next few years it becomes apparent.

I can't imagine working (probably on your feet) with such back pain you must be experiencing. Please be careful.

C.N.

Hi Roxy,

A PB is a productive burp. Which means food comes right back up with the burp.

From what I understand, it is different than vomiting. Not all the stomach acid. I am sure some more experienced bandsters have more to add.

C.N.

Roxy

CN explained it well - it you haven't chewed well or taken one bite too many - you will get a tightness in your chest - it's refered to as - golf ball in chest - you will slime - your body re-acting to this food that is stuck and produces more saliva to try and push the food thru - well - it doesn't work and you do a burp and up comes the stuff - it is not the gut wrenching throw up - but regurgatating (sp)- like a mommy bird does for the baby bird.

Welcome to LBT - this is a GREAT SITE for info and support - I think there is a Dr K (something) in Colorado who is pretty inexpensive for selfpayers - ck on the main thread - Kirsheman something like that - and there is always mexico - alot of people here have gone there

waiting for surg. date. what is PB? I am 52, a nurse in Idaho and weigh 330 lbs. My ins. won't pay any of this. Still working even though I have three herniated disks, one of ther ruptured still have high hopes that as the weight comes off I will be more mobile.

Hi, Roxy,

I'm a nurse also, retired. My starting weight was close to yours. I am definitely more mobile with the weight I've lost even though I have lots more to lose. I have knee problems...one partial replacement, the other needs one! So sorry about your back problems. My youngest sister, also a nurse, is working, too, with similar back problems, so I know how miserable that can be.

I think that Dr. Janet is talking about is in Denver.. Kirshman. But there are many who rave about the care they've gotten in Mexico. Dr. Kuri is one name that comes to mind. He is in Seattle this weekend attending the "Seattle Splash" bandster bash. He's going to be one of the speakers and they've planned time for him to meet with his patients.

Also, most doctors offer some sort of financing or help you find it.

4_1_72.gif TOOOOOO miserable. I cooked up for me and my honey; asparagus in butter, fresh mushrooms in butter and wine, home-made bread, BIG beautiful potatoe with sour cream and finally a large rib steak for each of us. Damn it looked good. I chomped down and found out that I could only eat a bit of it, then got sick with the PB's.................booohooo... but I asked for it by getting the surgery. And I guess the surgery really is for tgimes like this.

Guess I will light some candles and invite honey into the whirlpool tub with me.....

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ALL...

ps hear about that Illinois university campus that got shot up today.... the Decalb one???? That is where I got my BFA and

MA at......wow.!!

Hello, Fifties! I am just checking in to say Hi! I have not been here for a little while but wanted to connect up with other fifty folk. I am doing quite well, working out, eating less. Have had my third fill and wonder if I should quit getting more for a while. I eat pretty much what I want but less as I get filled up. I do eat sweets and all. It feels so nice to not be doing some diet but just evaluating the amount of Protein versus non-protein. My weight loss has slowed down some but I am losing inches as my clothes are more loose, which is cool!

Of course, as usual, that inner voice tells me that I am not doing it well enough -- but that's the old stuff -- I surely have a lot to learn here about me, which is what I expected here. I am absolutely grateful for the band and love being full with appropriate portions.

So, hello, fifties banders! Good to be here!

Hey Indio Girl i made it. Surgery was good, day after yuck and by today I am a new woman. I feel good but hungry. Challenge is getting all the Water in.

I am a bit sore with the shoulder thing when I eat pudding...lots of walks and all good for now.

Hey Indio Girl i made it. Surgery was good, day after yuck and by today I am a new woman. I feel good but hungry. Challenge is getting all the Water in.

I am a bit sore with the shoulder thing when I eat pudding...lots of walks and all good for now.

I was just thinking about you - I told you by day 3 you would be feeling like a human again... I think that I was hungry by Friday - I remember making GS hamburger helper - which I HATE - and it smelled so go I wanted some but since i was on Soup couldn't so just had my tomatoe soup .. Glad to hear you are doing good... Welcome to Band Land....

Hi everybody. I have not been here in awhile. I have a question.....went to the Y today and tried Pilates.....the large ball.....Now my stomach hurts. Did I do something wrong?????:thumbup:

Hi everybody. I have not been here in awhile. I have a question.....went to the Y today and tried Pilates.....the large ball.....Now my stomach hurts. Did I do something wrong?????:thumbup:

Kathy

When where you banded??? Your tummy most likely hurts cuz you used muscles you haven't before &/or scar tissue issues - I had my gallbladder out 30 yrs ago when they still cut you open - like 8 months later I was plunging my sink - felt a pop in that region and then a little pain - Doc said scar tissue popping - no biggie..

Kathy

When where you banded??? Your tummy most likely hurts cuz you used muscles you haven't before &/or scar tissue issues - I had my gallbladder out 30 yrs ago when they still cut you open - like 8 months later I was plunging my sink - felt a pop in that region and then a little pain - Doc said scar tissue popping - no biggie..

Thanks for responding. I was banded October 12, 2007. The exercise I was doing was with the big ball....called a body ball, doing push ups, lateral raises and leg raises. You lay on the ball with your stomach and balance before you raise your arm, and then your leg. Your whole body weight is on your stomach. I placed a call to the doctor, but it is not an emergency, so won't hear until next week. It just didn't feel like using a muscle I haven't used. Went to the Y this morning and talked to the instructor and she said there are other moves I could make that doesn't put me on my belly. So until I find out, I will avoid. Thanks again. I am 70 so I know what you mean by cutting you open. I probably have that kind of scar tissue too.

Thanks for responding. I was banded October 12, 2007. The exercise I was doing was with the big ball....called a body ball, doing push ups, lateral raises and leg raises. You lay on the ball with your stomach and balance before you raise your arm, and then your leg. Your whole body weight is on your stomach. I placed a call to the doctor, but it is not an emergency, so won't hear until next week. It just didn't feel like using a muscle I haven't used. Went to the Y this morning and talked to the instructor and she said there are other moves I could make that doesn't put me on my belly. So until I find out, I will avoid. Thanks again. I am 70 so I know what you mean by cutting you open. I probably have that kind of scar tissue too.

Kathy

OMG you are 70 and doing all that !!! I can barely do my 3 miles on the treadmill - you go girl..... I haven't done any tummy exercises so far but did ask my doc about it in January and he said I was all healed up and could do crunches if I wanted to- well guess what - haven't done one - just walk on the treadmill - but today worked a little on the weight machines at the gym. I need to start working on my core muscles..

Sorry gang, I've been missing in action.

Trying to read threads and catch up.... seems there are some newbies joining us.... WELCOME

and Green!!!! You lurker you, I am glad you are posting here too. I am still anxiously awaiting your ENT appointment and am eager for the results.

Hang in there girl!!!

My Mom got admitted to hospital Monday past, breathing problems. She was diagnosed with Emphazema before Xmas, but now they say C.O.P.D. same damn difference to me! She is strugling for each breath, it really was rotten as I had the flu this past week(read previous threads) and I was not allowed to go see her until today.

They have her in a adult diaper and noone is even trying to toilet her... really making me angry. There is no dignity in healthcare... its just easier I guess for the staff as there are Not enough nurses and Mom just isn't strong enough to use her walker yet and get to the liu.

I am going back there tomorrow and hopefully get her up and outta bed... the longer she lays there the weaker she'll get (my thinking anyways)

Ugh, I just had to get this off my chest.

:biggrin: