Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

WTG Nip, know you feel happy :w00t:Congrats Dandy, feeling better every day I am sure

Thanks for the encouragement and insight indio, It is great to get a boost of mind refreshment, if you get what I mean!

Off to the store, time to buy some flowers and brighten up my garden.

Have my grandson this afternoon and hope the weather holds for an afternoon at the park. Want to tire the guy out so he goes to bed early!!!!!

36_1_11.gif CONGRALUTIONS NIP - 23_5_104.gif

ONELANDER IS IN SIGHT

Lynn - the 50+ thread is where I learned so much when I was 1st banded - the ladies who posted here back then aren't around as much - well Denise is still here-

I am happy to pass on the knowledge & support that those ladies gave me - and not just about banding but life in general.

LBT has become my transfer addiction

e_1_59.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Just found out my dh has been telling people I'm getting a lapband. Grrr.

Janet, my knees are holding out so far on the treadmill, my left knee is the worst one and I am managing to do 45 minutes on the treadmill doing the Weight Loss 2 program on the machine which includes inclines from 0-12 and speeds of 1.00-2.50. It burns a little over 400 calories and I figure as long as I can continue to do that program without my knees being in too much pain, I'm thinking I might just stick with the treadmill. I had no idea you would burn that many less calories on the bike, no wonder the doctor told me since the treadmill was working for me that it would be ok to use it. I'll just have to let my body talk to me in terms of which workout I do. I'm thinking about trying out the Weight Loss 3 program in a few days, I have no idea what the difference in it is vs the #2 program that I'm doing now. I'm starting to get used to #2 and think that since my endurance might be getting better it's time to move onto #3. One more day of #2 tomorrow, I think, then on #3, lol.

Thanks for the info on the bike, I needed that..

This is a great thread. I think it's much nicer to be in a group with people in my age group. I would be lost without this thread.

Just found out my dh has been telling people I'm getting a Lap Band. Grrr.

The only thing I don't like about ppl knowing that I am banded is that they think that the band did the work and it gets the credit and not me HELL I AM THE ONE DOING 75% OF THE WORK the band has done 25% I am the one exercising !!! I am the one who is choosing to eat healthy!!!

That's the only reason that I don't like ppl knowing - but my whole office knows - but they see me eating good and know I am exercising - so I think they are giving ME THE CREDIT for losing 86 lbs and it's not going to the band

Janet, my knees are holding out so far on the treadmill, my left knee is the worst one and I am managing to do 45 minutes on the treadmill doing the Weight Loss 2 program on the machine which includes inclines from 0-12 and speeds of 1.00-2.50. It burns a little over 400 calories and I figure as long as I can continue to do that program without my knees being in too much pain, I'm thinking I might just stick with the treadmill. I had no idea you would burn that many less calories on the bike, no wonder the doctor told me since the treadmill was working for me that it would be ok to use it. I'll just have to let my body talk to me in terms of which workout I do. I'm thinking about trying out the Weight Loss 3 program in a few days, I have no idea what the difference in it is vs the #2 program that I'm doing now. I'm starting to get used to #2 and think that since my endurance might be getting better it's time to move onto #3. One more day of #2 tomorrow, I think, then on #3, lol.

Thanks for the info on the bike, I needed that..

Teri - I haven't done the bike on a higher level than 1 or 2 - I just want to burn the most calories that I can without killing myself or burning myself out on the whole exercise issue.

A few months back I was really pushing myself - so much so that I was getting sorta burned out - I talked to my Uncle about this and he said if you are doing a 17 minute mile that good (I was striving for a 15 min mile) he said don't make it so hard that you are going to dread going - even if you slow down - consider your form - enjoy what you are doing - if you push yourself too much - and it gets too difficult you are going to find reasons not to go.. So that's what I have done - I still challenge myself my inclines have increased - I am even running a little - but I am not killing myself..

This is a great thread. I think it's much nicer to be in a group with people in my age group. I would be lost without this thread.

Denise -

I love what you put in your signature - don't remember it verbatim

"doing the same thing over and over and getting diff results"

Yes being with ppl our age - is a little more - reasonable

don't know if thats the right word - but I know when I post on the other threads - there are some very child like pple and some are in their 40's and the 30' yr olds KNOW everything...:smile2: and the 20s well who pays attention to them they are freakin babies...

I found out Thursday that my surgery date had been changed:angry_smile: from May 14 to June 5:whatchutalkingabout. At first I was bummed, but then I figured it was what was best. They are going to be using the newest Realize Band and they are having the “expert” at my surgery for the final training on this band. I don’t know much about the band or how new it is, but the doctors all have to have one of these “proctors” there at the first surgery they use this new band. I was told I will be getting “2 surgeons” for the price of one:mellow:. The special doctor’s name is Dr. Ponce, he works for Realize. So I will be a June, as little more wait, but for good reason! :smile2: I will be reading and learning until then :biggrin: and will be a bandster soon! Thanks!

I got approved and have surgery on May 20. You all are great inspiration. Keep up the great work.

Congratulation Checkers !!!!

I remember how excited I was when I got my date.

The band is a great tool as you can tell from reading my previous post.

I found out Thursday that my surgery date had been changed:angry_smile: from May 14 to June 5:whatchutalkingabout. At first I was bummed, but then I figured it was what was best. They are going to be using the newest Realize Band and they are having the “expert” at my surgery for the final training on this band. I don’t know much about the band or how new it is, but the doctors all have to have one of these “proctors” there at the first surgery they use this new band. I was told I will be getting “2 surgeons” for the price of one:mellow:. The special doctor’s name is Dr. Ponce, he works for Realize. So I will be a June, as little more wait, but for good reason! :smile2: I will be reading and learning until then :biggrin: and will be a bandster soon! Thanks!

Cathy - My Dad always said things happen for a reason - So yes it's great you are having 2 doctors.. I know how we all want things now - but it will come... Patience is a virture as they say - (can't say I am a patience person though:lol:)

I decided I didn't want a ticker in there anymore. It just reminds me that even though I am at 145, my bmi is still in the overweight category.

My trainer keeps telling me I have 10 lbs of muscle, and I feel like I look like I weigh less than 145.

I haven't figured out yet what to put there instead. I am not fond of those huge glittery signatures either.

Cathy - I was to have the Realize band, but the day i was scheduled for surgery the 2 doctors who were able to proctor were not available. As I lay in pre surgery prep my doctor tells me I can postpone surgery or just have the band that they have been using. I opted for surgery. I was already there and prepped. I would have liked to have the REALIZE band, but was not going to potpone my surgery. Good luck with your surgery. I had done lots of research on the new band and was ready for it. there are so many websites out there to help you get info.

Janet, Thanks for the support,:lol: you truly are a pillar of strength :welldone:for this thread. I appreaciate all your helpful encouragement for myself and others. :lol: I learn so much from you post to everyone!

Lynn, I am so sorry you had to decide in pre-op. :eek: I hope that doesn't happen to me, I know if that Dr. Ponce doesn't show up, my doc will not be able to use the new band, since I will be the first he does with this new band. I understand the new band has a low provile port and is wider and the fill goes around the entire band, the others have a fill that goes 3/4 around. The new ones is to addres problems with the port as well as less chance of slippage and erosion. :eek: All good, I think if I were in your place Lynn, I will make the same choice. The old one has worked fine for most of those before us. :huh2:

I intend to begin a diet monday, I figure every pound I loose now, is one less for surgery. :w00t: I need to get my head in the right place and now is the best time to begin. :tongue:

Janet, Thanks for the support,:wink2: you truly are a pillar of strength :welldone:for this thread. I appreaciate all your helpful encouragement for myself and others. :laugh: I learn so much from you post to everyone!

Lynn, I am so sorry you had to decide in pre-op. :yikes: I hope that doesn't happen to me, I know if that Dr. Ponce doesn't show up, my doc will not be able to use the new band, since I will be the first he does with this new band. I understand the new band has a low provile port and is wider and the fill goes around the entire band, the others have a fill that goes 3/4 around. The new ones is to addres problems with the port as well as less chance of slippage and erosion. :thumbup: All good, I think if I were in your place Lynn, I will make the same choice. The old one has worked fine for most of those before us. :lol:

I intend to begin a diet monday, I figure every pound I loose now, is one less for surgery. :) I need to get my head in the right place and now is the best time to begin. :cool2:

Cathy - Thanks - Just paying if forward - 9 months form now you will be doing the same thing.

You are better than me - I didn't stop eating till I had to do pre-op - I had last meal mentality big time - I only had 1 week pre-op..

Ok I have been up since 5;30 and done tons of stuff - gym at 7 even ran 1/4 of a mile and walked the rest of the 3 miles but at 3.5 to 4.0 -3 to 6 inclines ( home depot - groceries ) - and the couch is calling me - so i will ck back later - have a good Sunday gang.

Hi Everyone, this forum is wonderful, I have learned so much from reading everyone's posts but I admit what I have learned has increased my fear factor. I am most scared of the PB and choking because of it. My sons aren't too excited about me doing this but my husband is very supportive. I haven't told anyone else. I appreciate all your candor.

I was nervous about PBing too...and in the 6 months that I have been banded I have not PBed once. I am really careful about the bites I take and how full I allow myself to get. Being nervous about it has made me conscience about how I eat.