Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Janet Thank You for the pep talk. I know it was adddressed to Bonnie but I am sure more of us took it to heart. I have been very discouraged lately, wondering if I have made a mistake etc... I have had two fills with no restriction and I have fibromyalgia. Fibro ='s pain Pain ='s need for comfort Comfort ='s food. I find when I am in pain I don't have the energy for anything let alone eating correctly and all that entails. This isn't a pity party (well maybe a little) but I am writing because you gave me motivation to continue. Thanks

Nance

Nance

I have a friend who has fibromyalgia - so I understand a little about it - and i totally understand pain-comfort food - for me it's when i am tired. Right after I was first banded still on mushies - came home from work was tired and wanted comforting - so got out the bacon started to fry it up to make white/cream gravy over mashed potatoes - Allowed this is a mushie - as the bacon was cooking i looked at it and said "Janet did you go thru this surgery to continue to eat like a little pig - yes this is considered a mushie - but it's loaded with fat - starch etc" so i said NO - I thru it in the trash and fixed something heahty to eat - I am a fat person I have a fat persons mentality I know all the excuses - its too hard - etc - the band helps take away the hard even when you don't have complete restriction - you went thru frigging major surgey to lose weight - thats a big friggin deal - you gotta do the work - it's not too hard - we can be very lazy - it's hard work to plan - weigh and measure foods - it's a lot easier just to go thru the drive thru - ok fry up a grilled cheese etc -

Nance I understand about the eating correctly when you are hurting this is where the planning comes in - always keep something easy to fix or when you are up to it and cooking make a couple extra meals to freeze - but always keep low fat sugar free stuff to snack on - I buy the 100 calorie packs of popcorn - yogurts - fudgecicles - sf pudding - I stay prepared 99% of the time...

I am glad I can help... Anytime xoxox Janet

I am a fat person I have a fat persons mentality I know all the excuses - its too hard - etc - the band helps take away the hard even when you don't have complete restriction - you went thru frigging major surgey to lose weight - thats a big friggin deal - you gotta do the work - it's not too hard - we can be very lazy - it's hard work to plan - weigh and measure foods - it's a lot easier just to go thru the drive thru - ok fry up a grilled cheese etc -

Janet, bless your heart, for your straight talk, honesty and sharing your insides with everyone. Thanks to all of you that post what's going on in your journey.

I had my 2 week postop check up today and had lost 10 lbs. Of course, I was thrilled with that & that's what I should be focused on....but NO! inside I'm saying "yeah! I'm starving, have not got one once of energy, feel fatigued" etc etc. It will be 3 more weeks before my fill & they explained what I already knew....but now it's real, that it may take 3 or 4 months to get to restriction. So I kind of went downhill after that. But she said I'm doing everything right, the no energy is because they have removed all the carbs from my diet. I can add cooked veges & fruit and the 1/2 cup at each meal can be increased to a cup if needed.

Back to the "downhill"....I met my dh for lunch at all you can eat fish. I took two small bites of the slaw, no fries, but probably two too many pieces of fish which was fried. So I was angry at myself for not controlling myself. It's done, it was good, but it was not worth putting my self pay surgery and two weeks of recovery & work at risk! But you see....that's why I'm here. Needed the support and I'll take an extra walk tonight for sure.

Hugs to you all! Thank you! Carol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

IJanet, bless your heart, for your straight talk, honesty and sharing your insides with everyone. Thanks to all of you that post what's going on in your journey.

I had my 2 week postop check up today and had lost 10 lbs. Of course, I was thrilled with that & that's what I should be focused on....but NO! inside I'm saying "yeah! I'm starving, have not got one once of energy, feel fatigued" etc etc. It will be 3 more weeks before my fill & they explained what I already knew....but now it's real, that it may take 3 or 4 months to get to restriction. So I kind of went downhill after that. But she said I'm doing everything right, the no energy is because they have removed all the carbs from my diet. I can add cooked veges & fruit and the 1/2 cup at each meal can be increased to a cup if needed.

Back to the "downhill"....I met my dh for lunch at all you can eat fish. I took two small bites of the slaw, no fries, but probably two too many pieces of fish which was fried. So I was angry at myself for not controlling myself. It's done, it was good, but it was not worth putting my self pay surgery and two weeks of recovery & work at risk! But you see....that's why I'm here. Needed the support and I'll take an extra walk tonight for sure.

Hugs to you all! Thank you! Caro

Carol

It must be theraputic for me to share.... I'm far from perfect but strive for something at least close..

I gotta tell you that I usually eat more than a cup of food for dinner and some times lunch - but mostly dinner. I have 4 oz fish baked - 1/2 c rice and 1 cup zuchinne - I am a WW girl and veggies are pretty much free.

and I have done quite well on this eating plan.

On your lunch did they have any grilled fish?? That would have been a better choice - but since you had a treat for lunch - you will now make good choice for dinner and go for a walk - I don't eat perfect all the time - I go out and have chips & salsa - enchillada or taco - heck last week had chineese food for lunch - but i don't eat as much as I use to - then I just make sure my remaining meals and meals the next day are healhty... and I make sure I exercise too.

Don't beat yourself up - just focus on the rest of the day and the good choices you are going to make..

Right now I am very tight from my fill on Weds - I had a 3/4 cup of she crab Soup and i even added some butter to it - I can barely eat so - I figure calorie wise I am doing ok with higher than usual crab soup.

As to your fills - you may have good restriction on your 1st one - don't worry about that now - just work thru the day that is present - let's not worry about what if's - Focus on today..

Energy - Are you taking your vitimans and b complex and sublingual B12? ?

What are you eating (besides the fried fish:tongue:)

I have always allowed myself some starches - not tons but I do have them every day - usually at dinner - i could never do Atkins - I have to have my starchs - not alot but 1/2 cup at dinner... You gotta find what works for you - this is a lifetime lifestyle change and are you going to be able to cut all carbs for the rest of your life...

My best to you as always..

Carol

It must be theraputic for me to share.... I'm far from perfect but strive for something at least close..

I gotta tell you that I usually eat more than a cup of food for dinner and some times lunch - but mostly dinner. I have 4 oz fish baked - 1/2 c rice and 1 cup zuchinne - I am a WW girl and veggies are pretty much free.

and I have done quite well on this eating plan.

On your lunch did they have any grilled fish?? That would have been a better choice - but since you had a treat for lunch - you will now make good choice for dinner and go for a walk - I don't eat perfect all the time - I go out and have chips & salsa - enchillada or taco - heck last week had chineese food for lunch - but i don't eat as much as I use to - then I just make sure my remaining meals and meals the next day are healhty... and I make sure I exercise too.

Don't beat yourself up - just focus on the rest of the day and the good choices you are going to make..

Right now I am very tight from my fill on Weds - I had a 3/4 cup of she crab Soup and i even added some butter to it - I can barely eat so - I figure calorie wise I am doing ok with higher than usual crab soup.

As to your fills - you may have good restriction on your 1st one - don't worry about that now - just work thru the day that is present - let's not worry about what if's - Focus on today..

Energy - Are you taking your vitimans and b complex and sublingual B12? ?

What are you eating (besides the fried fish:tongue:)

I have always allowed myself some starches - not tons but I do have them every day - usually at dinner - i could never do Atkins - I have to have my starchs - not alot but 1/2 cup at dinner... You gotta find what works for you - this is a lifetime lifestyle change and are you going to be able to cut all carbs for the rest of your life...

My best to you as always..

Hey Indio girl.....now that is STRAIGHT TALK. We all needed your pep talk. Thanks

Hey Indio girl.....now that is STRAIGHT TALK. We all needed your pep talk. Thanks

Thanks ekgray - I beleive in speaking truths - well at least my truth

I really think that we have been fat so long that we have given up on us - we have beaten ourselves so far down that we think everything is impossible - that we don't have will power or control over what we eat - that's b.s. we do..

We are the only ones who have the control

Once you find your groove - it's pretty easy most of the time - and when it's not - pick your self up and start over immediately - don't buy into Oh i screwed up so i'm going to keep eating like a like I use to there is no use to continue- - it's not that one piece of cake that made you fat it was eating the whole darn thing.

As I have said a million times - we are all in this together - we are all fat chicks (and some men) we all need help - and for some it takes longer for them to have the AH HA Moment - That's what I really hope that I can spark in someone. I'm not your doctor or skinny family member telling you to lose weight - I am another fat chick say - Heck if I can do this so can you - you just gotta wrap your mind around it.. Being alive with energy is so much better than being dead cuz you refused to give up your addiction to food..

Don't beat yourself up - just focus on the rest of the day and the good choices you are going to make. I didn't do too hot for dinner either. I ate right but I ate too much! So you know where I'm ate with myself right now. But I know what I need to do.

just work thru the day that is present - let's not worry about what if's - Focus on today.. Yes...today.

Energy - Are you taking your vitimans and b complex and sublingual B12? ? Yes, taking all that & calcium citrate.< /span>

What are you eating (besides the fried fish:tongue:) I'm allowed chicken, turkey, fish, cheese, cottage cheese, white or navy Beans, refried beans, yogart, now fruit and cooked vegetables. That is for three more weeks.

Have a nice weekend! Carol

Don't beat yourself up - just focus on the rest of the day and the good choices you are going to make. I didn't do too hot for dinner either. I ate right but I ate too much! So you know where I'm ate with myself right now. But I know what I need to do.

just work thru the day that is present - let's not worry about what if's - Focus on today.. Yes...today.

Energy - Are you taking your vitimans and b complex and sublingual B12? ? Yes, taking all that & calcium citrate.< /span>

What are you eating (besides the fried fish:tongue:) I'm allowed chicken, turkey, fish, cheese, cottage cheese, white or navy Beans, refried beans, yogart, now fruit and cooked vegetables. That is for three more weeks.

Have a nice weekend! Carol

Carol

Hating yourself isn't going to help - it's just going to create more guilt which in turn will drive you to eat - cuz you will just say "f" it - this is too hard.

How much was too much.. What did you eat... at dinner when I am extra hungry I just eat more veggies.

Tomorrow is another day - as you go to sleep tonite - think good thought about tomorrow and sticking to your game plan. Stay focused you will get through this..

Wish you a successfurl fun & relaxing weekend..

Thanks Janet! It's not too hard for any of us....I responded to my emotions like I always have. I need to get my mind set back and focus on a day or moment..whatever at a time. I ate a homemade Soup of chicken broth, chicken, white Beans, little onion, green chilis and jack cheese to help thicken it. All things I can have right now. No flour or carbs. I just measured the bowl .... ate 2 cups.

I'm going to bed positive and I'm going to wake up & remember that for right now I have to protect my new friend....Ms. Band.

Thx again, Carol

I love this site. I was always afraid that because I was over 35, that I would never be able to lose weight. For a few minutes,(hours) after being banded I was afraid I would never be able to eat normal food again.( I guess that is the liquid diet talking). You all have really helped my post-op attitude.( depression).

Janet, could you please tell me what sublingual B12 is ,and where I can get it. I don't see a nutritionist until after my 6 week heeling program. Thanks Betsy

I love reading this site. I am new to everything. I have my first appointment with the surgeons office on the 31st. I am so excited. The case manager with my insurance co has been very helpful. I am hoping that, that is a good sign of an approval. I need all that prayers and good thoughts I can get.

Carla

I love this site. I was always afraid that because I was over 35, that I would never be able to lose weight. For a few minutes,(hours) after being banded I was afraid I would never be able to eat normal food again.( I guess that is the liquid diet talking). You all have really helped my post-op attitude.( depression).

Janet, could you please tell me what sublingual B12 is ,and where I can get it. I don't see a nutritionist until after my 6 week heeling program. Thanks Betsy

Betsy

I get mind at Target - ORIGINS B-COMPLEX WITH B-12 SUBLINGUAL liquid

it's in the vit section

I too didn't think I would lose like i have - but for me eating healthy and exercise has proven me wrong - I just love being proven wrong :)

Thanks Janet! It's not too hard for any of us....I responded to my emotions like I always have. I need to get my mind set back and focus on a day or moment..whatever at a time. I ate a homemade Soup of chicken broth, chicken, white Beans, little onion, green chilis and jack cheese to help thicken it. All things I can have right now. No flour or carbs. I just measured the bowl .... ate 2 cups.

I'm going to bed positive and I'm going to wake up & remember that for right now I have to protect my new friend....Ms. Band.

Thx again, Carol

Carol

2 cups of soup is not bad at all.... I don't add cheese to mine - but I have made soup on a weekend and ate a big girl bowl of it - and i think it was most like 3 cups - I usually eat out of a 1 cup bowl and sandwhich plates..

If you ate 2 cups of ice cream - ya I would agree that you didn't do well for dinner - but soup is ok as long as you didn't add too much cheese...

Janet,

What form is the B-12? I looked online at GNC but they didn't have chewables. If yours are tablets or capsules, do you have trouble swallowing them?

I am feeling more energy each month but might add the B-12 complex.

Marlena

The B-12 sublingual are round pills that you melt under your tongue or in the side of your cheek for best absorption. I have to take one a week per my doctors instructions. I got them at GNC -just ask. They probably have them in all the pharmacies