Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Janet,

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!:lol::tongue::biggrin: You are such an inspiration to me, I make sure I don't miss your posts. It seems you always have such good advise. And I like that you use "tough band love"!!!!

Janet,

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!:lol::tongue::biggrin: You are such an inspiration to me, I make sure I don't miss your posts. It seems you always have such good advise. And I like that you use "tough band love"!!!!

Teresa... Ah Shucks Thanks :lol:.... You guys are too kind to me - I am just me - I tell it like I see it - I am not afraid to speak my mind - it's all the years of dieting that I have come across all this knowledges - just too bad I never put it to use before - I made all the same excuses that we read her - but with my interior motivator I am doing the work - and I an no different than anyone else here - I am a fat chick and if I can do this - there is no reason everyone else can't either... I want us all to become recovering food addicts - we can and we will....

Thanks again - it turly means alot to me ....

Janet, Happy Birthday, In your picture you don't look a day over 5 and a half years:lol: Hope you had a great day:lol::biggrin:

Thanks - I was so tight from my fill last week that I couldn't even eat 4 bites of soupy potatoes and gravy (I have to be on full liquids for a week after a fill) that I pb'd :lol: last night - So today got .08 taken out - So I will Celebrate on Friday when I go to see Stevie Nicks I will have some wine (OMG my doc didn't know who she or Fleetwood Mac was - I told him you aren't that young - I guess he's 35 - 40 ish) = Talk about making me feel old - but he did agree that the 50's was the new 30's :tongue:

I didn't even know that you were thinking about another fill. I thought you

said you were happy with where you were at. I am glad you got some taken out. It's horrible to be too tight.

I hope this fill is just perfect for you!

I didn't even know that you were thinking about another fill. I thought you

said you were happy with where you were at. I am glad you got some taken out. It's horrible to be too tight.

I hope this fill is just perfect for you!

Denise - when I went in on the 23rd thought I needed just a tad - before that fill I never knew how much was in my band - it really didn't matter to me - but the doc told me he put in 1 cc so that I had a total of 5.8 - it was just too much - He took out .08 so I am at an even 5.

This is where I really think fills can become physiological more that physical - the whole placebo effect - I told him he should just pretend to fill and I bet half the people would be content.

He does blind fills and after drinking so much Water it can be hard to gauge what’s going on – plus I have found that it can take a few days to feel the full effect of the fill – I think I am good right now as I am able to drink without pain and had my whole cup of coffee this morning…

Today is my weight day (i only weigh once a week) I loved the results - but I will take a page from your book - I rather lose slower and be able to eat...:biggrin:

You are doing great! Only 20 to go. I bet you are really excited!

I tried on a pair of skin tight jeans size 14 and when I looked in the mirror I was actually surprised at what I saw. It didn't look like my body. I walked out of the dressing room so my daughter could see them on me and she insisted that I buy them. She thought they fit perfectly.

I think it will be an incentive to lose a little so they aren't so tight. Either that or they are going to have to stretch out a little if I wear

them around the house.

It's so hard to be so close to my goal and not see the scale move. It's crazy though. Even though I haven't lost on the scale, some clothes that I tried on a month ago fit perfectly now, and were tight then. I weigh exactly the same. weird.

I am at a perfect fill right now too. food gets stuck if I eat too fast. That is a sign to me that restriction is perfect. If everything goes down without chewing like crazy and I don't have to wait in between bites,

I know I need a fill.

I hope I can stick with this one for a good long while. My friend hasn't had a fill in a year. That's what I want-a long term fill.

I hope your fill gets you right to your goal!

You are doing great! Only 20 to go. I bet you are really excited! I tried on a pair of skin tight jeans size 14 and when I looked in the mirror I was actually surprised at what I saw. It didn't look like my body. I walked out of the dressing room so my daughter could see them on me and she insisted that I buy them. She thought they fit perfectly.

I hope your fill gets you right to your goal!

Denise

Thanks - I originally had my goal at 170 - then pushed it back to 160 - it really should be 145 to have a 25 bmi - but I have been reading about Happy Weight - a weight that is maintanable - For now my goal is staying as posted and may decrease it when I get to 160 - I feel good at my weight now - but know that 180 is not skinny - ya opposed to 250 it is - but in all reality I want to be healthy 1st and look good second (well only with clothes on cuz nake :tongue: I look like an 80 yrs old women)

You only have what 10 to go.... I am afaird that these last 20 will be harder than the first 70 - but who knows - the band is my tool and I think we have had a great partnership so far - it's doing it job and I have been doing mine.friend and has gotten me this far I have never lost 70 lbs in my entire life ususally just 30 or 40 -

Congrats on the skinny jeans :smile:

You are going to be a ONE HOT SEXY GRANDMA :eek:

Yea, I originally had my goal set to 150. I never thought I would see it though. When I started getting close, I thought why not shoot for 145.

I am 5'2'' so really that's not low enough but as far as I am concerned,

I want to be at a weight that I can maintain, and not be constantly worrying. I sometimes have my doubts that I can get there, but then I never thought I would ever see 155 again either!

Gotta love that band!

Hi to the over 50 set.,I had my lapband on April and have had to change my life totally around. I exercise 3-4 days a week at the gym and have a trainer and I watch every day what I eat. I have surprised myself after being sedentary for 50 years when I can actually move and bend parts of my body that never moved before . I have thrown up but usually it is when I am talking to someone else and I eat too fast or forget to chew.My banding has been filled 2x and it is at 3cc but I still feel restricted. I try hard to remember that the lapband is not a magic wand and I have to help it along. I have lost 80 lbs so far and want to lose another 20. I am glad to talk to others in my age bracket. Please keep in touch.

I went for my first appointment on Thursday, I was told I would have to be on a supervised diet and weigh in every 2 weeks. I was okay with that. But I called my case manager at my ins co and she told me that if I can provide her with documents from weight watchers, and curves nad physical therapy, that they may waive the 3 months of dieting. so I will be on the phone getting all that info. After she said I could possible be approved before the end of the month. So keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well.

Carla

For you newbies - It can be done !! & us old times here is my progress

I still have minimum 20 to go - may increase that after I hit goal - but for now - I think you will see the changes from July to Feb... I am very proud of myself for doing the work... I feel so much better - I can dance again!!

July 07 vs February 08

Janet, You look Marvelous, really you do!

I don't see how you'll need any more after the last twenty. And all this is in 6 months!

Janet, You look Marvelous, really you do!

I don't see how you'll need any more after the last twenty. And all this is in 6 months!

Thanks Shortgal... Yes all in just a little over 6 months - my doc is very happy - he says I am losing like a bypass patient - I am doing the work But I'm 180 and only 5'4 - I want to be healthy - and for now my goal is 160 - but to have a good bmi it should be 145 - looking for a happy weight - may go for 150 - I want to get rid of my back fat still have roll under my bra - so we will see - time will tell..

Thanks again...

HELLO LADIES

Kind of a slow Sunday here, cold and dreary and I decided to come here and see what is up. Hello again, Janet. Ladies, listen to what she has to say. She's usually right and such inspiration for all of us. I was banded in July and have lost around 60 lbs so far. I am 5'9".....started this journey at 291 and am now somewhere around 230. Haven't dropped any sizes yet, but clothes are just now starting to get baggy. HAVE A GOOD DAY.............AND DON'T OVERDO THE SUPER BOWL CELEBRATIONS. WE WANT THAT scale TO KEEP GOING DOWN.

HELLO LADIES

Kind of a slow Sunday here, cold and dreary and I decided to come here and see what is up. Hello again, Janet. Ladies, listen to what she has to say. She's usually right and such inspiration for all of us. I was banded in July and have lost around 60 lbs so far. I am 5'9".....started this journey at 291 and am now somewhere around 230. Haven't dropped any sizes yet, but clothes are just now starting to get baggy. HAVE A GOOD DAY.............AND DON'T OVERDO THE SUPER BOWL CELEBRATIONS. WE WANT THAT scale TO KEEP GOING DOWN.

You are too kind as usual Kari - 60 lbs - way to go I bet you 100 buck it shows - all those miles you bike :) -