Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

WTG !!! Congratulations Long. I can't wait to join you, 4 more lbs for me.

No, I'm not stressed about anything. I've had 6 fills already. Dr said my last fill or 1 more and I should be at the Green Zone. I"m going to stick to soft foods and drink my Low Carb Slim Fast. What could be causing the heart burn? Thanks for all of your advice. Will be taking small bites and little sips.

Kat I am very worried about you. I hope this surgeon can fix you up and make you well. I will definitely pray for that.

I think you need to rest awhile after surgery before you make any decisions. After that, you could research the sleeve. There is nothing to slip. Not much can go wrong with that surgery, once it's all done. I pray for you to be well and have a good outcome.

Hi Oregondaisy,

Thanks for your and everyone elses good wishes.

I did ask Dr Padovan about the sleeve. He said NO because I've already had two bands the blood supply to the stomach will have been badly affected and he wouldn't risk doing it.

He is a very down to earth talker and doesn't mince words. He lets you know the facts and all the risks, like it or not.

He also said that if it is not safe to replace this band, he will not do it. Unfortunately I will put weight on again.

I think I'm dreading that possibility more than the risky operation. Even though I'm not at goal, I'm close enough to it and I'm very happy with my size right now.

Best wishes.

I am on Facebook also, susanpowell

Can't find you. Too many with that name.

Phyllis Hand

Katy , I hope so much that you are able to keep the weight off if he can't do another band. I would never get another band myself, after the problems you have had. It's obvious that the band is not right for some people. Unfortunately, you are not the first person who I have heard of who have had these kinds of problems. The band can be dangerous for some folks.

I'd love to join y'all on Facebook - Joann Haley Farley.

Katy, you have many friends here who are praying for you and your new surgeon. You are a strong woman and you have survived many difficulties in your life. I pray for your continued strength in meeting this challenge. I'm so glad you have found a doctor who talks to you honestly about your situation. Despite the seriousness of your condition, I can see the relief in your words that you finally have answers to your questions and a plan to fix the problems. God bless you, dear - we are all praying for you.

Joann, I did a search for you and didn't find you. See if you can find me. Orea de Sa'Hana

Drop the middle name and you'll find her. I guess I should've sent her friend suggestions for all the LBT gals... I think I have 12 LBT friends on FB now!

Long: WTG girl with making it to onederland!

I am on Facebook also, susanpowell

Susan - I can't find you on FaceBook either - there are 347 results from a search for Susan Powell! See if you can find me...

Susan - I can't find you on Facebook either - there are 347 results from a search for Susan Powell! See if you can find me...

I found her.. that was this morning and my brain is foggy, but I think as I scanned through the Susan Powells I found one with that said Baltimore MD .. picture didn't look like the one she uses here, but pretty sure I have the right one...If she approves my friend request I should be able to figure out if I have the right Susan Powell..

If so, I'll send you the friend suggestion.

Made it through Water aerobics, but head is not feeling so great. Felt so good to exercise after a week away, though,

and then the hot tub! Wonderful!

Edited by phyllser

Happy to hear that you are feeling better, Phyl. There were a couple of days this last week that I did not get exercise and I felt sooooooooo sluggish. Once you get used to being active, you tend to rely on that exercise to make you feel better about everything. 18 months ago I couldn't walk more than a mile on the treadmill and walked very slow...now I'm doing 5 miles and it doesn't seem like work.

i just want to tell someone, anyone, I GOT MY FIRST TILL TODAY. I wish i was more in tune with what I feel on the inside. He took all the saline out, then put 5cc back in. I am starting my 6th week and have lost 26 pounds. I just cant believe I am acutally in the saddle and the pounds should continue to come off.....PRAISE GOD.

i just want to tell someone, anyone, I GOT MY FIRST TILL TODAY. I wish i was more in tune with what I feel on the inside. He took all the saline out, then put 5cc back in. I am starting my 6th week and have lost 26 pounds. I just cant believe I am acutally in the saddle and the pounds should continue to come off.....PRAISE GOD.

You are doing great! I have had a 7 fills and I am just at 5.1cc. I have restriction now....he tried putting a full cc in November, but I could not tolerate it. Everybody is different. Keep up the good loss!:):thumbup::tt1:

Melody, congrats on your first fill.. I'm having my 4th tomorrow and am hoping it will give me the restriction I'm after.. I've done okay so far, but it has been more me than the band.. I want the band to work for a little while I rest up!!!!! Hope everything goes well.. It's so wonderful to get on the scale and have it go down..... Take care.. Julie