Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I went through Christmas Eve and Christmas without eating anything but liquids. Since i had the surgery on Dec 23rd. I go to lunch with a bunch of skinny girls every day and they eat platefulls and i leave half on my plate. Not because i want to ,but because i just can't hold it-you will love the lap band. And You can cook for them but you just won't want as much as they do. Congratulations on your decision to have it i just wish i had had it 20 yrs ago.

You can buy cat fish in the store? I've never seen it in the store. I love scallops. I don't know how you could not like halibut. It's not fishy at all. It's delicious. But then again, I live right next to the ocean, so everything here is very fresh. We are going to go crabbing pretty soon. There is nothing better than crab eaten right after it's caught!

Oh, my YES!! We were visiting my sister, in your area, a couple of years ago and they took us sightseeing, etc around the Bandon area. We stopped at a park along a river and these folks had an RV in the parking lot. They'd been crabbing and had a BIG haul. They were cooking them right there in the parking lot and offered us some. It was WONDERFUL!! No butter or anything! Scrumptious!

16_5_32.gif 16_5_32.gif 16_5_32.gif

Hi all, had my band on 28th January 2009 and into second week. Went to Dr for check up and all on track and due for my first fill in 4 weeks.

I am on thick liquid (as long as it can go up a straw) and then progress to mushy:biggrin:

Starting to feeling hungry about an hour after having 3/4cup of Soup or smoothie.:biggrin: Anyone feeling this and any suggestions. I am taking about 500-800 calories per day now.

I will rember the pinapple juice should anything get stuck.

Hi Everyone,

Saw my surgeon today and now I am totally confused.

He says the band has not slipped! He says it is just hard to see because it is a non reflective one. I now have to go for an endoscopy to find out what's happening in the stomach. Of course that dept closed early today so I can't even ring for an appt till Monday. I'm feeling as if I'm going around the twist here, totally confused. I have it in writing that the band has slipped badly and yet I'm told no but it's very complicated and to have more things done. "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!"

I told him about the hernia and he says "I didn't want to hear that." He checked and said "Yes, you're right."

He won't even think about that one till he figures out what is going on with the main problem. He did tell me before that he doesn't want me to have any more surgery on my abdomen. That's fine with me, but what now????????????

Thanks again for all your prayers and good wishes.

Livin4Jesus,

I'm not sure what the time difference is. I remember having an American customer a few months ago saying that there are many different times depending what state you're in. Some are 12 hours difference. Right now over here it is 8.50pm.

Best wishes.

on the subject of fish/seafood - I have to say I don't think there is anything out there I haven't tried. I love scallops and flounder. monk fish is good too. I find the denser fish to be a bit difficult to get down: tuna, swordfish. Everyone has different tastes and ways to cook. I usually bake or broil. And craband lobster, but the $$$ of those make it a treat to have them occassionally

Katy, sorry to hear of your problems. I hope they will be able to remove the slipped band, replace it, and fix your hernia all in the same surgery.

I hit 101 today, the scale had been resting since giving me the 100 over a week ago.

Workouts are going well. I can almost do a regular 'mans' push up now. I do them in that position but can't go all the way down to the ground yet. I am seeing changes in my body so that is good.

Hi Long2bThin,

Fantastic news, well done.:thumbup:

You betcha, I'm not having two surgeries.:biggrin:

Best wishes.

I get banded next week and that is one challenge I constantly think about - cooking for the rest of my family and not tasting it. I may get some surgical masks to put on in the kitchen. It will be funny to see the food stains on the mask!!!!:thumbup::laugh::tongue2:

Hi peachwood.

Love your great sense of humour. Keep it up.:biggrin:

Good luck for your banding next week. You'll see the difference in no time at all.

Best wishes.

Speaking of cooking fish, I tried a new recipe last night and it was amazing. Next time I will make a bigger batch of the sauce for extra "food lube" in case the fish gets dry. My husband says I should make this sauce by the vatfull because it would be good on everything except possibly ice cream! I used low fat mayo and sour cream. And the cheeses at the end really don't add anything so I followed the reviews and skipped them. Give this a try, it's my new favorite, and it very well might become yours.

The Ultimate Salmon Fillets Recipe : Recipezaar

Speaking of cooking fish, I tried a new recipe last night and it was amazing. Next time I will make a bigger batch of the sauce for extra "food lube" in case the fish gets dry. My husband says I should make this sauce by the vatfull because it would be good on everything except possibly ice cream! I used low fat mayo and sour cream. And the cheeses at the end really don't add anything so I followed the reviews and skipped them. Give this a try, it's my new favorite, and it very well might become yours.

The Ultimate Salmon Fillets Recipe : Recipezaar

I ck'd it out this morning and yes it does sound good I think I would use something other than dill ..

Lynn - I haven't seen monk fish here and I like flounder - I think that's it - expensive white fish called something else??

on some endangered list or close to it??

OD - they sell catfish here at Stater Bro - Winco - costco it's farm raised Crab omw what a lucky girl - but I still want the butter - I still love fat... I just dont go there often

Halibut - I use to buy it - but its dry - maybe I over cooked it and now it's expensive - fish use to be cheap..

That's for sure. Fish used to be cheap and now it's not. Halibut is about the most expensive I have ever seen. It does not take long at all to bake it. I only buy it if they are having a really good sale.

I don't have Stater Bro, Winco and the nearest costco is

100 miles away. Lately we have been buying talipia. The first time I made it, I cooked it too long and it was dry. I learned my lesson.

Orea, thanks for that website. I bookmarked it. I would do it without the mustard, but I think that would help and I would not need the fattening tartar sauce.

Katy, I really hope they get this figured out for you right away. It makes no sense that you would be so sick unfilled unless there is a slip. You must be so hungry!

Katy, I really hope they get this figured out for you right away. It makes no sense that you would be so sick unfilled unless there is a slip. You must be so hungry!

Hi Oregondaisy,

Oddly enough I'm not that hungry, not like the old days anyway and even when I get peckish at mealtimes I still only have the small portions and chew, chew, chew. I can tell when I've eaten too much or had too much Fluid as the heavy blocked hard feeling starts up and I know that anytime soon it's going to come up. My freshly juiced carrot and celery mix with ice blocks is a real treat and stays down ok. That's once a day though.

I don't understand how they (the two doctors) are so adamant that each one is right. I saw all the scans but of course I have no idea what they're seeing. It's all blobby stuff to my eyes. I have to admit that I don't like the extra waiting though as I keep remembering the first time things went wrong 4 yrs ago and that's scary.

Anyway, my Mother, Daughter, Grandaughter and I are going to sell stuff at a Swapmart tomorrow. I do not look forward to getting up at 3am to get a descent spot but I hope I don't have to bring much home either. The regulars who go each week are there from 10pm tonight to get the best spots. That's not me, no way, I need my sleep in comfort.

Best wishes.

Edited by Katydid

Orea15, Thank you for posting the salmon recipe, it looks yummy. I went to the website and I love how each recipe is broken down as I need to watch sugar, Protein and carbs...diabetic. I spent over an hour just checking out the site and getting new ideas, since I am starting to get tired of some of my standbys.

I'm glad you like the recipe and the site. I've liked Recipezaar for years. I get tired of the same old thing, so I really enjoy finding new recipes to try. The reviews make it easier to find a winner. Please share your discoveries!

Happy Hunting,

Orea

I think my bf will like that website too. He is always collecting cookbooks. This will make it easier than searching through recipe books.< /p>

Good Luck at your swap meet Katy. I really hope you have some answers soon.