Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I was on liquids 4 weeks post op and now that I think about it, I don't know how I did it. I think I am lucky that I don't have to cook for anyone else. I basically stayed home away from food.

I am having a really hard time getting off the extra lbs I gained back. I wish I could get a fill. I am going to talk to

my surgeon's nurse next week at support group. My band is no help to me these days. I remember when I felt full all the time and had no desire to eat and I want that back!

Oregon---Have you tried the 5 day pouch test? I heard it will help with the restriction feeling we all remember. I think that is what I'm going to have to try also. I am not having any trouble eating anything, which makes me want a fill. The only time I can feel restriction is if I eat too fast. That is when I end up PBing and feeling miserable. :angry:

You can go to the website: www.5daypouchtest.com and it will explain the plan. Hope this helps---

MiMi

Hi Everyone,

Had the Barium Swallow test this morning and it's not good news at all I'm afraid. It took the doctor ages just to find the band and when he finally found it, it had slipped right to the end of my stomach. He said that is why I've been vomiting so badly. The whole stomach has been getting filled and distended but not letting anything through to the intestines and therefore coming up again. This will have caused the 6th hernia as well.

I rang the surgeons rooms and his receptionist just told me to keep my appt on Friday morning.

This news has devastated me and I broke down and cried. This is the second time the band has slipped. It was a close call 4 years ago with another surgeon. This new one stitched the band to the stomach, so what on earth happened to make it come loose this time???!!!

I'll have to be packed to go in on Monday, that's when he operates. My week has already been booked out with appts for my parents etc. I'm so very sad.

Best wishes.

Katy: I am soooooooo sorry to hear that your band has slipped for the second time. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery and that you will not gain any of the weight you've lost back. Keep us posted as to how you're doing

I am so sorry katy.

Katy: I am soooooooo sorry to hear that your band has slipped for the second time. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery and that you will not gain any of the weight you've lost back. Keep us posted as to how you're doing

Hi livn4jesus,

Thankyou, I feel like this time round I'll need all the prayers I can get as I feel as if I've been gutted.

There's not a chance of putting any weight on as nothing stays down. I've not lost anymore, just staying at 75kilos =165.4lbs. The doctor who did the test today said that he thinks the problem was there when the CT scan was done last October before the previous hernia operationbut that the surgeon would only have been looking for the hernia at the time. I would've thought he'd have had a check around while he was in there just to make sure. Obviously not.

I am going to be scared stiff until I see him on Friday now that I know what the problem is as the first time it slipped it did a lot of damage and I was soooo very ill in intensive care for 16 days.

You have done amazingly well with your weight loss. Good on you.

Best wishes.

I am so sorry katy.

Hi Oregondaisy,

Thankyou, me too. I tried to do everything right to make sure nothing went wrong this time around and yet it still did.

Don't understand at all. On the plus side, I bought a pair of size 12 jeans and a new bra today to cheer myself up.

Pants used to be size 18Au now 12au and the bra was size 20DD, now 16D = Fantastic.

Best wishes.

Hi Everyone,

Especially the newbies and the ones still contemplating having the lapband op.

You'll no doubt have read of my problems with the lapband and it is true, problems like these can and do occur but they are very rare and most people go from success to success with theirs. I am still not sorry that I persevered with having the lapband twice because I knew it was the only way I was ever going to lose weight and I did lose weight = 37 kilos = 81.6 lbs of it. I only have another 10 kilos = 22lbs to go to reach goal. This has been since 9th June 2008 almost 8 months.

Please don't be put off by my problems as my example is not a normal case. Why, I don't know. My mother tells anyone that will listen that it's a bad operation and I step in and say, "No it's not, unfortunately for me it's not been easy but it has worked and I feel 100% more confident than I have for years. Turning people off this op is a bad move as it may also be their last chance at living a healthy life!" It's good to be aware of the possible problems but look at all the other successful banders on this site and others who are doing so well.

You can be one of them too. Betcha boots I'm going to fight to have the band replaced because I believe in it.

Best wishes.

Katy, How kind you are! You are in my thoughts are prayers. It is great of you to think of others at a time when you are hurting so! Dot

Katy, I'm so sorry to hear about your band, I'm also keeping you in my prayers.

Hi Everyone,

Especially the newbies and the ones still contemplating having the lapband op.

You'll no doubt have read of my problems with the lapband and it is true, problems like these can and do occur but they are very rare and most people go from success to success with theirs. I am still not sorry that I persevered with having the lapband twice because I knew it was the only way I was ever going to lose weight and I did lose weight = 37 kilos = 81.6 lbs of it. I only have another 10 kilos = 22lbs to go to reach goal. This has been since 9th June 2008 almost 8 months.

Please don't be put off by my problems as my example is not a normal case. Why, I don't know. My mother tells anyone that will listen that it's a bad operation and I step in and say, "No it's not, unfortunately for me it's not been easy but it has worked and I feel 100% more confident than I have for years. Turning people off this op is a bad move as it may also be their last chance at living a healthy life!" It's good to be aware of the possible problems but look at all the other successful banders on this site and others who are doing so well.

You can be one of them too. Betcha boots I'm going to fight to have the band replaced because I believe in it.

Best wishes.

Katy

What a great post - You will be in my prayers too..

Hugs Janet

Hello, I just found you! I'm 51 and got my first fill Jan. 30, 09. I don't feel to much of a difference, just a tiny bit. I had surgery on the 18th of Dec. and have lost 25 pounds. I get on the scales way to much, so have decided to just go by the docs scale when I have appt., I was weighing at 3 in the morning. Crazy. I was hoping :cursing: for more loss, but am happy with what I've had. Glad I found you guys, thanks. TYF

Kathy - Sorry for your news. Your perserverence is incredible and admirable. I'll be thinking of you.