Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Long: I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you and your wt. loss. How exciting that must be. Hugs, Hugs, Hugs.

I hope your tooth feels better real soon.

Toy: I am glad you are feeling better, I've been holding you up in prayer.

Katy: how are you feeling? Have you had your testing done yet? We all need to join together and hold you up to the Lord for healing.Only say the word Lord and I shall be healed, Amen.

Melody: Wow what a weight loss, are you making sure you are getting in all the Protein? I think that's what kept me from feeling weak.

I can't gulp a whole glass of Water in the morning well. Especially cold water.

I never drink cold water. If nothing else, it's room temp. Sometimes I warm my water in the microwave in the morning. Waiters and waitresses look at me like I am crazy when I go to a restaurant and tell them I want water without ice. ( I drink right up until my food arrives)

Sorry about your tooth Long. I hope it's better soon.

Daisy - I got a kick out of your comment about drinking Water without ice. DD dumped the ice a long time ago when she was working in a restaurant - She did not like the fact that some of the workers handled the ice with bare hands. She always orders water w/o ice and gets funny looks...

Long: I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you and your wt. loss. How exciting that must be. Hugs, Hugs, Hugs.

I hope your tooth feels better real soon.

Toy: I am glad you are feeling better, I've been holding you up in prayer.

Katy: how are you feeling? Have you had your testing done yet? We all need to join together and hold you up to the Lord for healing.Only say the word Lord and I shall be healed, Amen.

Melody: Wow what a weight loss, are you making sure you are getting in all the Protein? I think that's what kept me from feeling weak.

AMEN!..... To all comments! Toy and Kathy, you are in my prayers too.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried hypnosis videos for exercise motivation? I KNOW I need to exercise but really have a difficult time making myself do it. Hey, thats how I got here anyway, isnt it? I was thinking of getting a hypnosis down load from online and trying it but wanted to know if anyone else has taken this route. Down 15 lbs and moving downward thanks to my last fill. At my sweet spot now and 11 lbs of that were lost after my last fill. Life is good. Scheduled for another fill next week but think I will put it off for awhile. Thanks to everyone for your support

Ruthi

Hi Everyone, It's been a very long time since I posted but I'm feeling very defeated right now and thought I'd share and hopefully get some encouragement.

I had my (Lap) surgery Oct. 10th of 08 and I was so happy and positive and optimistic. Didn't have any problems. I was so anxious to get started with my new habits, new life. I knew I was finally going to do it. Besides, how could anyone be so dumb and blow it after going through so much to get there in the first place? Well, it's been almost 4 months, I lost 25 lbs and most of that was in October and thankfully have not gained any back. However, I still have my bad habits of snacking, and not exercising (even though I joined a gym earlier this month). Unfortunately, I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and still haven't healed totally so I've been staying away. Excuses.

I can't understand for the life of me how I could be so foolish in keeping up old habits and not going for the gold when I have it in the palm of my hand.

As far as my fills, I only have 4cc's (which has taken two months to get to) and it doesn't seem to have a big affect on my appetite. food does get stuck when I don't chew well enough but I can still EAT. I have tried cutting my dinner portions down to a dessert size plate so that's one good thing but the snacking, cravings, and not walking or exercising is making me feel so defeated. I wonder what it's going to take to change me. Foolishly and being totally desperate, I bought "Think and Lose" from the TV add which teaches you to more or less hypnotize yourself or to train your brain to chose good habits, etc. lol I have to laugh myself at that. Haven't even looked at it yet. :thumbup:

The nutritionist at my doctors office who gives me the fills said I'm too hard on myself and I've been loosing every time I go and the fills have not served their purpose yet and I have to be patient. Hopefully that has a lot to do with what's been going on with me and why I've been so discouraged, but I'm so worried that I won't be able to straighten myself out.

To make things perfectly clear, I know snacking once in a while is OK but I snack EVERY DAY! I just feel hungry all the time. Or maybe it's head hunger.

Sorry for the long message but what I want to know is, if anyone out there has felt the same way and when they finally had the proper amount of fill, did you get on track and start losing 1-2 or more lbs a week?

Thanks so much for listening. :scared: Help!

No, I never lost 2 lbs a week. I would go weeks and weeks without losing anything and then suddenly drop 5 lbs in a week.

One thing that helped me was a book called the Beck Diet Solution. It's not a diet. It basically tells you to make cards with one thought on each card, with every reason you want to lose weight. Put the cards all over the house, in your purse, in your car, etc. There is more to it than that, but it teaches you motivation when you feel you have none.

Getting more fills will help. I remember when I was finally tight enough that I had no desire to eat because I felt stuffed all the time. Those days are long gone.

Gotta, I am in the same boat. I was banded 11-05-08 and have lost 6 pounds. I had lost more but I have gained some back due to snacking. I had my 2nd fill yesterday, so I hope I feel something since I have had no restriction at all. At first I was afraid to eat anything, but then I was getting so hungry that that I started snacking. First it was all sugar free and foods on my plan, but then the holidays hit and there were too many temptations. I think we are through the honeymoon stage and now have to dig down and remember why we wanted the surgery in the first place. I find I need to read encouraging books and stay focused on me and what I need to change rather than dealing with life first and try to eat the right thing. It is a continuious effort to make myself exersise. My doctor told me if I am getting hungry and not filling up, to schedule my next fill sooner so I can stay on top of this. I have not tried any type of hypnosis, but I don't believe it would work for me, so I don't even try. We have to be selfish and think of ourselves first and what we need to do to stay in control. I know it will work into a lifestyle but with so many years of bad habits, it will take time to be routine. I also hang onto the positive things...my blood pressure is down, I bought clothes 2 sizes smaller. I am eating fish and chicken almost every day of the week instead of Pasta and red meat. And the best thing is we have a place to come to where others understand and rally around to help each other.

No, I never lost 2 lbs a week. I would go weeks and weeks without losing anything and then suddenly drop 5 lbs in a week.

One thing that helped me was a book called the Beck Diet Solution. It's not a diet. It basically tells you to make cards with one thought on each card, with every reason you want to lose weight. Put the cards all over the house, in your purse, in your car, etc. There is more to it than that, but it teaches you motivation when you feel you have none.

Getting more fills will help. I remember when I was finally tight enough that I had no desire to eat because I felt stuffed all the time. Those days are long gone.

My losing pattern has been exactly the same. I lost 5 lb this week, but I'd been up ad down for the past several weeks. It's been that way since the beginning. Just have to keep on keepin' on!!

I'm going to get another fill in two weeks and I hope I'm not making a mistake! I have good restriction, but I want to be a little tighter. Going up to Seattle for a few days, so I'm having it done early in the week in case I have problems...

like Monday afternoon and I fly back down here on Friday morning. That should be long enough to know if I'm going to be okay with it!

I lose the same way, nothing, nothing, nothing, then wham! One week (like this past week) 5 lbs!! I just gotta constantly remind myself that the weeks I don't lose as I want instantaneous results!

Another week of no loss, but then again no gain either

STRESS is rampant, feeling it in my band. eating is tough...but am trying to take small amounts and more Protein Drinks to get in the Protein.

My daughter and grandson are moving to their own place this weekend and the house is in turmoil.. looking forward to peace and quiet soon..

Have a great weekend everyone..

Hi,

I got sicker! When I went in ofr my first follow-up appointment this wednesday My doctor had me immediately admitted. I was indeed dehydrated.

They also said the liquids were backed up in my pouch and told me to lean to the right after I eat or drink to empy the pouch. I feel brand new and just a little hungry. I will be sipping all day with 15 to 30 minutes in between depended on how much Ihad to drink.

I start my pureed foods tomorrow. So far since my 1/16 surgery I have lost 26lbs.

Oregon-thanks! I might look into that book tonight. I thought just having a foreign object in my body would be enough motivation :). Well, I'm by no means giving up. I'm curious though. I thought you can get fills even years out if you feel your eating more . Is that something you can do?

Janke129- same thing with me! Once the holidays hit...

You're so right about what you said especially having a place to come to where others understand! It means a lot. Thanks!

Phyllser-YOU SAID IT!!! We all have to keep on keepin' on.

I think I'd do the same thing wanting to be tighter. I hope that works out well for you.

Long- :redface: for the 5 lbs. You are so close to goal. You'll do it. Keep up the hard work.

LynnT- Be careful with the Protein. I wanted to do the same thing filling up on the protein but my nut. said too much Protein Drink can affect your kidneys. I haven't done it since-only one 35mg. drink a day if that.

Thank you all for all your comments. They all were very helpful and encouraging. I will not give up.

Have any of you ever checked out Rob Nevens Skinny Switch Secret on line? It seems like a great program for people that don't want to bother thinking about what to have. Once he gets your info, he does a whole weeks menu for you with only the foods you like and you get the recipes too. His plan is to rev up your motabolism by eating well two days and then indulging during one meal the third and then you repeat that. Every day is different food if you choose. Not sure if I'm doing it yet, probably not but it sounds interesting and my friend lost 4 lbs in one week. Has anyone tried this? It's only 5.95 per week.

Thanks again everyone. Have a great week.

I've never heard of Rob Nevens. Sounds like a great idea to me.

The reason I can't get anymore fills is because I was throwing up in my sleep. I didn't have problems in the daytime. I never threw up or got food stuck. My dr. said I could have ruptured my esophagus. It's weird that I didn't feel at all tight in the day time. My doctor feels that since I am at or around goal that I should have learned new eating habits and will not let me have my fill back. I don't want those problems again anyway. It was horrible to wake up from a sound sleep choking.

Yep, Katy, hubby celebrated with me this morning. I hit the 100 lbs mark and he got up and hugged me and told me how proud is was of me. Then promptly went back to bed as it was 430am and he doesn't have to get up as early as me. I am just thrilled to have reached that. When I got banded I thought I'd be the one it didn't work for or something. Instead the Lord has blessed me with just the opposite, I've had amazing success and a smooth journey thus far. Now I have visions of actually reaching my goal weight. Only 36 to go!

G'donya Long2bThin,

Fantastic news. Proud of you. Had to laugh about hubby going back to bed though. What a gorgeous guy to get up and Celebrate with you.

Best wishes.