Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost my willpower and motivation

Thanks for the Green Zone info!!!!! I forget to look at the card.

I NEED A FILL!!! :rofl:

I'm going to book an appointment - darn the luck that it's going to be another 2 weeks before I can get in

I am on 2 different antidepressants and im still in the dumps. im at the highest level u can be on with the meds. they cant raise my dose anymore. so that isnt it. but i will try better fills and i will be honest with my doc. i'm just afraid he'll tell me its not working and want to remove the band or something.

He will not want you to remove the band. He wants it to work as much as you do I am sure.

I still think that you do not have enough in you. 2 fills did nothing for me. It was my 6th fill before I noticed a little difference, and a little better on my 7th.

You have to keep getting the fills reg. until you get to the point where you start feeling restriction.

Believe me, 2 months ago I felt just like you. I figured I was a failure again.

Now, I think I am starting to know what the band is suppose to be doing for me. Too bad some people can get that feeling right fromt he first fill, and it takes others 6 or 7. Make an appt. right now and when you get your fill, tell them to crank it up. The worse that can happen is that you have to go back and get some out.

Thanks joeygirl! I feel better especially because I only had two fills so of course i'm not feeling full! I guess I am one of the ones that need more! I have an appointment already. I just dont know if I can make it because I live 6 hours from where I get them done and i dont think its in our budget this month for gas and expenses. But I will reschedule for next month. Thanks for all your input! It has really helped me to understand this better! I wonder if I can get my fills at a doctor closer to me....I only stuck with UVA because that's where I started the whole process before I moved.

I would check into it and see if there is a place closer to you that would do the fills. I would think all dr.s are the same when it comes to fills.

I only have to go 100 miles, so it isn't that much for me go there.

Do you live in a big city? If so, there may be a dr. much closer.

I would try to make the appt. you have now. Can you cut back on something else for the month. Maybe drive down early in the morning, get the fill and then drive back that night. I know it is a long day, but hopefully you will feel better after.

Just tell them to be aggresive with the fill.

I live in southwest va. very small town. but i'm about an hour from kingsport tenessee so that may be an option. thanks! I will talk to my fiancee and see what he says about the january appt.

One of my best friends is from Kingsport TN! How funny! She lives here in Kansas City now going to Med school.

Well, I can't make my January appointment and they can't reschedule me until March. Also, I talked to someone at UVA about changing my fill appointments to Kingsport but she said that no one likes to take other doctors' lap-band patients for fear that something will go wrong and they'll be blamed even though they didn't actually do the surgery. Do you think this is true?

I've only had two fills and I'm in desperate need for another. I still feel hungry all the time. I don't feel like I have ANY restriction except for the occasional getting food stuck and sliming if I eat too fast or don't chew well enough. I'm not losing any weight. In fact, I gained two pounds even though I started excercising more and eating less! (Meanwhile still feeling hungry) It's so damn frustrating, ladies! :eek:

wow i am a slow loser also banded jun 26, 07 , and 3cc in my 4cc band finally some restriction . still i have lost my fire and motivation but we can get it . some of us are slow to began but i believe when we do we will be marvalous

You ar so not alone. I feel a lot like you. Let me tell something that has helped me. I first went and stocked up on the 100 calorie pack stuff. Next I bought me a Gazelle, (it is sort of like a swing with your feet). Got it a Walmart. It is so much fun. And believe me I hate to exercise. It is sort of like roller skating. I put it in front of the TV. You won't even feel like your exercising. It is really easy on your knees. Now I am 270lbs and if I could do this and have fun anyone can. I was really down and I told myself, OK lets take a step back and just move forward.

Sue

I had two fills since my surgery 6/26/07 in the begining it was great I lost twenty pounds in like tewo weeks. But then I wasnt feeling restricted. I felt depressed like I did all this hard work for nothing I am always hungry and back to eating like before. To make matters worse I was with out health insurance for some time do to job change. I am also affriad to see my doctor cause I know I am not doing what I am suppose to thing got out of control quickly! I am suppose to have a appt tomorrow however waiting for my insurance info so I can attend appt! I need all the support I can get.

Hi NJ Gal,

Wow...I could've written your post, except I didn't lose quite as much as you! And I had a hard time with foods and PBing/Sliming, so I had to go in for a slight unfill. Now I can eat pretty much all foods with little PBing, and I feel much better.

I can't speak for you, but I think in my situation, I am just not a candidate for the Lap-Band. I wish I could turn back the clock and save my husband so much money, and myself so much grief! :think

I have thought about trying a different approach: maybe Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig, but not sure yet. That's my life story. And, like you, I am currently not exercising but MAYBE once/week. So pitiful!

I wish there were a forum for us----the "lost" ones!

Hang in there and let us know what you decide to do. I'm behind you 110%!!!

BIG hugs,:hug:

Toni

Toni--I'm so glad you're still reading and posting!!! I really miss hearing from you. Toni--hang in there...when is the last time that you had a fill. If it's been more than a month--RUN AND GET ONE....Someone sent me a platue breaker and it worked. If you want it send me a PM and I'll send it to you....

Good to "see" you posting....PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!

I hear some of you talking about getting the band removed. Would you have it removed and get another surgery? Or just get it removed not to have it anymore? Has anyone tried weight watchers or Jenny in addition to the band?

I am still not convinced with the band. I am sure I just need more fills. Sure I have lost weight with the band but only because I made the changes my doc told me to. I only eat 1-2cups of food per meal I always make sure I get all my Protein in and I exercise regular. I am still very hungry after only 2 cups of food but it’s getting easier not because of the band but because I have been doing it for 6 months now and eating right and exercise is becoming part of my life. I am leaving a great job and taking a giant pay cut just because I am having a hard time with my self control with food. (I slip sometimes) we have to be willing make the changes necessary to improve our health. We all knew this was not going to be easy.

capt--I couldn't have said it better....The band is a tool. Why get it removed. Weightloss begins IN THE HEAD. You MUST CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE ABOUT YOUR BAND, YOUR EATING HABITS AND EXERCISE. If the doc says no bread--and you love bread--try cutting back at first and then hopefully, you'll find that you don't need it. Or whatever it is that's challenging you. I don't mean to sound preachy---but I JUST DON'T WANT YOU TO GIVE UP!!! We're in this weight loss struggle together. Change isn't easy and comfortable.

Don't Believe The Lady At The Doc's Office. She Just Doesn't Want To Lose A Patient. Do The Research Yourself And Find A Doctor Close To You. I Have Had Approx 5 Or 6 Fills And Now I Feel Restrict. I Still Feel Like I Can Eat--but I Know It's Much Less Than I Use To.

It's Your Band---do The Research--get A Fill!!!! Don't Let Anyone Tell You What You Can And Can't Do....

If You Were To Move To Another State--a Doc Would Take You--she's Lying!!!

someone gave this to me as a plateau breaker. You should try it. I didn't do it for the total 10 days...but I was able to move the scale after a few days....follow it to a T

Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#1 - Drink 2 quarts of Water a day

#2 - You must have 45 grams of Protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#3 - You may consume up to 3 oz of high Protein foods, 5x a day

beef

pork

chicken

turkey

lamb

fish

eggs

low fat cheese

cottage cheese

plain yogurt

Peanut Butter

beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

tea or coffee

sugar free soda

sugar free Jello

broths/bullion

crystal light drinks

#4 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!!

#5 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily