Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nymphs..How did you do today?

Sades Dear....... YOU are NOT I repeat NOT a pig.....:rolleyes: DO not even go there. You might of had things or amounts that you should not of had....but don't beat yourself up. You still have your best friend "The Band" and he is there to boost you up when you need it and help you achieve the LONG TERM goal....which we all know you will...:)

Just do not be too hard on yourself. It is not easy this thing we are all doing. Changing 46 years of eating habits gone wild......is not an easy thing...LOL

We all will have week moments, just get back up and move on with the program and you will see success measured in loss at the end of the road.

Hugz,

Hey Cindy thanks for your concern. It's okay really, I was just letting Foofy know that she was not the only one who fell off the waggon. Piggy No 2 (term of endearement). :D I don't like what I did but I know I will be fine again. I will do another walk today which will help. I guess my biggest fear is how much damage I might have done, ie, to the band or my weight. Today is definitely another day and I will be right back on track.

I ate too much over the holiday but I told myself ahead of time to eat what I wanted within reason and I did that so I am ok with it.

I got my first fill and I am hungry. I hope this fill kicks in and I am not hungry.

I actually did pretty well. I did have some things that aren't exactly diet friendly, but I knew I was going to eat them before I got there. I know I did 100% better than I would have in the past. You know as we were sitting at the table I noticed just how much everyone else was putting on their plate. Well, except for my Mom. I think she ate less than I did and she's not banded.

Hey Cindy thanks for your concern. It's okay really, I was just letting Foofy know that she was not the only one who fell off the waggon. Piggy No 2 (term of endearement). :rolleyes: I don't like what I did but I know I will be fine again. quote]

Hee hee. Thanks for the piggy solidarity Sades. I appreciate knowing that others strayed too (although just momentarily). Now it's on to a fabulous 2008 for us all! Thank goodness the "feasting season" is over. January is always a great month to diet, because EVERYONE has made all sorts of resolutions and is offering you celery instead of chocolate!

Go nymphs!

Hey Cindy thanks for your concern. It's okay really, I was just letting Foofy know that she was not the only one who fell off the waggon. Piggy No 2 (term of endearement). :rolleyes: I don't like what I did but I know I will be fine again. quote]

Hee hee. Thanks for the piggy solidarity Sades. I appreciate knowing that others strayed too (although just momentarily). Now it's on to a fabulous 2008 for us all! Thank goodness the "feasting season" is over. January is always a great month to diet, because EVERYONE has made all sorts of resolutions and is offering you celery instead of chocolate!

Go nymphs!

Well I just came back from my walk and decided to take the bull by the horns and weigh myself... well, I nearly fell off the scales, I actually was down 1 lb... thought I was going to be at least 3-4 lbs up. :whoo::whoo: I guess walking for the last 3 days did help after all. And I'm now 199.7 lbs... in onederland !! :whoo::whoo:

Well I just came back from my walk and decided to take the bull by the horns and weigh myself... well, I nearly fell off the scales, I actually was down 1 lb... thought I was going to be at least 3-4 lbs up. :whoo::whoo: I guess walking for the last 3 days did help after all. And I'm now 199.7 lbs... in onederland !! :whoo::whoo:

Congratulations!!! What a nice surprise! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks Longhorn. I hadn't weighed myself since the 21st so I may have lost some in that time and maybe put on some, either way, I am down and that's all I need to know! :whoo::rolleyes:

Lost 7 pounds pre surgery and 7 pounds in the month since surgery. Part of me thinks that is great and part of me is fixated on why I didn't loose any weight last week. I know I need a fill since I don't get full very quickly. Worked out three times last week.

Not sure what will happen when I weigh myself on Sunday, what if I gain? ARRRGGGHHH

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great Success!! I firmly believe that excersize is key to our success...:rolleyes:

Today I had my first fill at 7 weeks. Was really hungry before(I thought) and had decided to eat small portions of everything on Christmas. Ate a few deviled eggs and had diarrea. Waited a while and ate just a little green bean cassarole and same thing happened so I gave up and quit eating. When I went for my fill today I had lost 5 lbs. I am now at 202, almost to onederland. I guess my body has adjusted to less rich food. I hope the fill helps the hunger feelings. Or maybe it's just head hunger. Wish it would go away!! Good luck to all of you! Love, Kat

Hello,

I'm still new to this group. My name is Raynae' and I was banded Nov 27.

Christmas was the first and only time that I detoured from my diet plan. I didn't do anything close to how I used to eat, but I felt so guilty b/c I know that I ate more that usual. I made cakes from scratch and banana nut bread and in the days before christmas I didn't touch a crumb. But on Christmas day I treated myself to taste them. Overall I didn't do to bad. Went to my Dr. today and I did gain 1/2 a pound but he said it was Water and not to worry. He said to just get back on track, which is what I have done.

I got my first fill today also. My friend warned me that the first fill is the worst. She had her lap band put in dec 06. My Dr. had a time finding the spot to put the needle, but he says that is common for the first fill. I'm on Clear Liquids for today, and then tomorrow on shakes and then day 3 back to eating. I feel a big difference already.

I was getting nervous b/c I was getting the hunger creeping back on me in the last couple of days.

Happy New Year to everyone!!

I did really well through the Christmas holidays. Luckily, the holiday get-together we went to was last month when I was only 2 weeks out from surgery and on only liquids. It was easy not to stray then because I was TERRIFIED to. We only had very small holiday get-togethers over Christmas and they were with close friends and the few family members we have. I am lucky that they all know about the surgery, and had no problems with the food we had being "lap-band friendly", like reduced-fat cheese and cracker tray, or turkey pepperoni being added to the meat tray. Of course, that did invite some grazing on my part, but thankfully I didn't gain!

My mom and I fixed only stuff I am allowed to eat for our Christmas dinner, and no one complained. My sons and I made break-n-bake Cookies for Santa, and you know what? Santa enjoyed those just as well as home-made, and Mom wasn't really tempted with them! I find myself getting really hungry, though. I have to stop myself from eating once I reach the 1/2 cup mark, and most of the time I'm still hungry. I then wait a couple of hours and have a Protein snack, and then I'm fine. I guess I'm getting used to it. I have not lost any weight since my 1st week post-op, and it makes me excited that I have the band and should lose once I get my fill (jan. 2), and it makes me a little bit nervous that I've eaten so little (under 1000 calories a day) and exercised faithfully, for 5 weeks and have not lost an ounce. I am so ready for the fill!

Congratulations to everyone for making it through Christmas during "band-ster hell" time! It makes up a little bit for all of us that were on clear liquids during Thanksgiving!

I found a way to get back on track... go shopping! I had gotten a couple gift cards for Christmas, and since my old clothes are falling off me, I decided to get some new pants. I was able to get a size 18!!! Considering I was busting out of my 24's this summer I was pretty excited. So even though I may have cheated more than I wanted over the week, I am now motivated to get going again!

I can't believe how different I feel today now that I am off the steroids. I have eaten much less food and can actually feel a little restriction... still need a fill though. It's amazing what those tablets do to you... I was eating everything in sight and even that wasn't enough. I feel so much more in control now which means I could start losing again !! :whoo::whoo:

Hi All

Christmas day I was invited to diner at friends I ate way too much, to the point where I had pain in my stomach. I was very good the day’s following Christmas and New Year and lost 6 lb between Christmas and New Years Day.

However, I have been a very very bad bandster….

I notice a bad habit I had post surgery coming back. I always been a nighttime grazer; a habit learned as child growing up in Haiti without my mother around and the only chance to eat was at night when everyone was sleeping. I stay with a family friend who used food as a formed of control (long. story short). With the stress of the holidays, I would graze on food such as sugar free jell-o, cottage cheese, mushy fruits, salsa, but also mush up Cookies, Dolce De leche and chips. The Problem is I can seem to stop,:cry I've gone back to my regular routine, I follow all bandster rules during the day (7:45am to 3:30 Pm teaching hours); but at home am grazing like mad.:hungry: Please help me.:help: What can I do to stop this, or combat it? I am not due for a doctor’s visit until Jan. 22; my restriction is not that great since I've had only one fill since surgery on Nov 12, 07. You guys give great advise I hope someone can help me. :help:

Marie Gabrielle