Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many CC's in your Inamed 10cc band?

I have seen some threads for different bands and wondering if I could get an idea how much each of you have in your Inamed/Allergan 10cc band to get the right restriction.

How many fills and about how far apart were they to get the right restriction?

Of course, I'm wondering this b/c I have that kind of band!

Thanks! :help:

I'm glad you started this thread! So far, all I can tell you is that I have 4 ccs (1 from surgery and 3 added during first fill December 14) and I don't feel any restriction. I'll update after my next fill January 18.

I'm glad you started this thread! So far, all I can tell you is that I have 4 ccs (1 from surgery and 3 added during first fill December 14) and I don't feel any restriction. I'll update after my next fill January 18.

Yikes, I might have a long way to go. No cc's at band placement.2cc's first fill. The PA said the first fill would just "prime It". Next fill is 1/3/8 and she said would probably be 1.5. So I would still have less than your four.

Did you feel any restriction even for a few days at the first fill of 3 cc's.

I'm hoping to get more responses to get a feel for what the average amount of cc's needed. I wanted to do a poll, but didn;t know how to find that.

Thanks for replying.

No, I honestly can't tell any difference. I haven't really been hungry since the surgery -- not in the way I used to be. And I do feel satisfied on much less food but I've never had any trouble with anything going down, nor have I really felt "full." I've just been eating less food more slowly and I start feeling satisfied. Then I get a kind of soft hiccup but always after I'm done. In other words, it's not like the hiccup comes and I know to stop -- it's the other way around. But then I'm not interested in food for several hours.

So I know the band is working but I can't tell any difference from before and after my first fill. It's a little confusing because I feel like it's me controlling how much I eat but that the band is making it easier. I thought there'd be more physical restriction. I keep wondering what's going to happen one of these days when I miscalculate and eat too much since I don't really know my physical limitations. Maybe I stop when I do because I'm afraid to find out! :rose:

Hi Shortgal:

I have a 10cc Inamed band too. I see what others have for a fill and I'm really surprised. I got 1.0 cc's with my first fill. My second fill I got .5 more, so up to 1.5 cc's. About ten days after .5 was added I had to get it out because I was too tight - pb'd and slimed after two bites and had bad reflux. It's strange how you get the full effect of a fill up to two weeks after a fill. Two weeks after that I got .25, so now I'm at 1.25 and feel pretty good so far, but that was less than a week ago. Hopefully it will be good. I hear about 4 cc's and I can't imagine ever being filled that much - yikes!

Hope you find your sweet spot soon, and me too!

Sue

No, I honestly can't tell any difference. I haven't really been hungry since the surgery -- not in the way I used to be. And I do feel satisfied on much less food but I've never had any trouble with anything going down, nor have I really felt "full." I've just been eating less food more slowly and I start feeling satisfied. Then I get a kind of soft hiccup but always after I'm done. In other words, it's not like the hiccup comes and I know to stop -- it's the other way around. But then I'm not interested in food for several hours.

So I know the band is working but I can't tell any difference from before and after my first fill. It's a little confusing because I feel like it's me controlling how much I eat but that the band is making it easier. I thought there'd be more physical restriction. I keep wondering what's going to happen one of these days when I miscalculate and eat too much since I don't really know my physical limitations. Maybe I stop when I do because I'm afraid to find out! :rose:

Longhorn, That is EXACTLY what happens to me. I get that same hiccup. I was feeling satisifed longer on less, but that is starting to diminish as well. I do feel like I have more wilpower than I did before ( mental maybe). I have also been very afraid to push the band and find out what might happen. I want that same physical limitation ( not too much of course) that seems to be the sweet spot and just hope it doesn;t take months to get there. I just know I will have trouble dealing with that! Slow weight loss is ok, but stopping altogether or gaining will be devastating for me right now.

I also know later I will probably struggle to keep it off, but I know I need to get it off first and deal with the other battle later.

I have the 10cc APS band with 1 fill of 2cc's so far.

Didn't make any difference at all. Not even for a day or two.

I hope it's not a struggle to keep it off because that's the main reason I got the band. I've been able to lose weight before as recently as four years ago, though it has certainly been more difficult since then. However, keeping it off was really a struggle and I obviously failed. If all the band did for me is help me lose weight, I wouldn't have had the surgery. I see the way I'm living now as my new "normal" and don't anticipate making any changes once I reach goal. It has certainly been easy so far so I can live with this! :rose:

I have the 10cc APS band with 1 fill of 2cc's so far.

Didn't make any difference at all. Not even for a day or two.

From your "signature and ticker info" it looks like you waited a long time to get your first and only fill and it hasn't made a difference? But you've lost over 70 lbs.!

Guess it's: good for you you've lost, but not so good that you don;t have good restriction. Does your Dr. fill based on weight loss?

Mine fills based on hunger and I have hunger.

I have 4.5 cc's in mine right now and still don't feel much restriction. Not as much as I need anyway. I'm going a LOT on willpower for now. I feel all it will take is probably one more cc added and I'll be at my sweet spot though. I hope so anyway.

I get that hiccup thing after I've eaten too.

I hope it's not a struggle to keep it off because that's the main reason I got the band. I've been able to lose weight before as recently as four years ago, though it has certainly been more difficult since then. However, keeping it off was really a struggle and I obviously failed. If all the band did for me is help me lose weight, I wouldn't have had the surgery. I see the way I'm living now as my new "normal" and don't anticipate making any changes once I reach goal. It has certainly been easy so far so I can live with this! :rose:

I guess what I mean is I dont; think the band will be a magic bullet to keep the weight off. That is, it will help me help myself.

I just think I'll still have to work at it ( even my "normal" friends work at it), but I think the band will help.

I had over 4 cc put in during surgery and then removed 1 week later because I was way too filled with postop swelling. The surgeon stated that it was loose with that much in. I had my first fill with 2cc and then she took 1cc out because fluids hesitated. I have had my second fill a week ago with another .3cc. So now I have 1.3cc in and so far it is perfect. Apparently they usually bring your first fill to 4cc, so my small amount isn't much. We are all so different! I usually feel a bit congested and get a runny nose as my sign that I am full. I love where I am right now. I can enjoy a small plate of whatever food I want as long as I chew well. I am not hungry between meals. It is just wonderful. I am expecting to see the scales move now after hesitating for a few weeks. Good luck everyone.

i have the 10cc AP, and had 1.6 when band was places, and my first fill brought me to 3.5. i have a little restriction, but not much. i can eat almost anything if i eat slow. then i feel full and stop at about 1 cup of food.< /p>

I have the Advanced platform small Band 10cc. I currently have 6.8cc in my band and have good restriction. Especially in the mornings. I go back for another fill Jan 25th depending on my weight loss. I just might need a small tweek of 0.1cc we shall see. I found this other thread regarding the AP small 10cc band. Happy reading and Merry Christmas!!!!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f13/if-you-have-ap-lapband-please-respond-42692/

From your "signature and ticker info" it looks like you waited a long time to get your first and only fill and it hasn't made a difference? But you've lost over 70 lbs.!

Guess it's: good for you you've lost, but not so good that you don;t have good restriction. Does your Dr. fill based on weight loss?

Mine fills based on hunger and I have hunger.

Will power, baby!!

My doctor does the first fill at 6-8 weeks and since I was going on vacation* a few days after my 8 week appointment, they wouldn't even discuss a fill with me. My doctor is very conservative and bases fills mostly on weight loss but does ask about hunger and eating patterns. I had to BEG and really convince them to give me a fill at all because of my loss!

My next appointment is next week BUT I'm going on another vacation a week later so I won't be able to get fill # 2 until probably Feb - if I decided to do it.

My weight loss has far exceeded my expectations at this point. I'm comfortable for right now and have stopped obsessing about if I need a fill or not.

Like Longhorn, my hopes for the band are to help me keep the weight off long term!

* My doctor follows the manufactures guidelines about no fills for 1-2 weeks before a vacation. Especially if you are traveling far, just in case you have a complication. It seems for some reason that sometimes fills don’t kick in right away.