Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a piercing?

I have a philtrum piercing, and did have a labret, but when I took it out for a medical procedure, it closed over so quick I decided that after ten years I was ok not getting it re-pierced. Love my philtrum piercing, though.

Piercings are great, tattoos are great, I'm pro-body mods. Don't care what anyone else thinks, and don't care what someone else chooses to do so long as they're happy.

Nose piercings are a great choice - they're pretty low on the pain, look fantastic, and don't close over as fast as mouth piercings do if you need to take it out for any reason! My recommendation is go to a dedicated body piercing place, do not let anyone near you with a piercing gun, those things are horrible and don't pierce clean. Surgical steel is the standard, and your piercer will be able to recommend the right jewelry. Once it's healed, you can swap the jewelry out whenever you feel like a change.

I have ear and nose piercings. Piercings are s commonplace in my family/friends that I’ve never really thought about if it was viewed negatively.
I’ve also had surgical steel, titanium, gold and silicone jewelry. Personally I prefer gold but lately I’ve been using silicone retainer/invisible styles because they were a gift.

I have my ears pierced 4 times and a nose piercing. I love jewellery. I am thinking about a tragus piercing, I love the look

I have several piercings and tattoos. I guess I just like needles haha.

Nose, ears, daith, and nipples are the only thing I ever wear jewelry in. Once in a bluemoon I put something in my eyebrow just to see if it's closed yet...it hasn't. Right now I have plastic in all of mine still, except for my nose, from surgery since you'll have to take out any metal piercings for procedures and MRIs. My piercer doesn't charge for retainer pieces as long as she is the one that does the jewelry change. Most piercers will charge a nominal fee for a jewelry change (Most I've ever paid is $10 and that was because they had to use a taper on my daith)

Once they're all fully healed jewelry changes yourself aren't too bad. Nostril takes between 6-12 months to fully heal, cartilage piercings. I have entirely too many holes in my ear to count and some keloids from trying to save a piercing I wasn't meant for.

1 minute ago, summerseeker said:

I have my ears pierced 4 times and a nose piercing. I love jewellery. I am thinking about a tragus piercing, I love the look

tragus piercings look so great but they're almost impossible to change jewelry yourself because of the angle. And then one of mine was crooked that made it even worse. So I took mine out :(

Yes, I do currently I have a nose piercing, 3 dermals in my neck, a conch, a triple ear lobe, and then two more on one lobe so it makes a triangle shape. I also think the little titanium clip the Dr. put inside my right breast should count lol

I used to have a double conch, but I took one out and it closed up before I replaced the jewelry. I also used to have a Monroe, labret, tongue, auricle, and double cartilage, I also had my septum done twice but I no longer have it.

After surgery, I am going to do my auricle again as well as some other ear designing. I want to also get one more nose piercing next to my current one and another on the other side. After I am happy with my weight I am going to get my belly button done, I never did it when I was younger because I was a kid and only "preppy girls" got that.

I personally feel like a hoop is the best jewelry choice for the nose because it is easier/less annoying to take care of and heals better.

Edited by New To This23

I don't currently have any partially because I took them out before my surgery 2 years ago and some of them closed while I was under!! Over the years I've had my nose, navel, and countless configurations in my ears.

I sometimes miss my nose ring and would like to get it done again.

If you do, please please go to a professional, certified piercer and not to the mall or some other place that uses a "piercing gun." Don't get gold or silver in a fresh piercing; titanium or surgical steel only!

4 hours ago, pintsizedmallrat said:

I don't currently have any partially because I took them out before my surgery 2 years ago and some of them closed while I was under!! Over the years I've had my nose, navel, and countless configurations in my ears.

I sometimes miss my nose ring and would like to get it done again.

If you do, please please go to a professional, certified piercer and not to the mall or some other place that uses a "piercing gun." Don't get gold or silver in a fresh piercing; titanium or surgical steel only!

Interesting! Why not gold or silver at the get go?

I've been thinking of getting a helix piercing for quite awhile, just haven't gotten around to it! I have several piercings and a small tattoo (one I haven't seen well due to weight)..not sure I want to see it after the weight loss 😆! I say do what makes you happy!

3 hours ago, Spinoza said:

Interesting! Why not gold or silver at the get go?

Gold and silver are softer and therefore more porous on a microscopic level, and can "pit", meaning bacteria or other irritants can cling to them. They can also flake off into the open wound, and are more reactive with body fluids. They're generally fine for a healed piercing (which can take a few weeks to several months depending on what kind of piercing it is), but because they're not as hard and non-reactive as something like surgical steel or titanium.

I worked, unfortunately, at a Claire's in a mall for several years when I was in college, and I know that stores like that push gold as being "safer" when really it is "more profitable". I had nothing but problems with piercings done in gold with a piercing gun. I have since gotten SEVERAL more piercings done with a single-use hollow needle at a piercing parlor, and have had none of the same issues.

The right establishment should almost feel like a medical office.

Hey lovely!

So I have the following piercings, I will rate them by my personal pain & healing process!:

• Philtrum - this one was quite a painful facial piercing. Around 8/10. The healing was a little rough, lots of swelling. But by far one of my favourite piercings.
  • Septum - honestly minimal pain on this one! 2/10 when getting it pierced. Healing was a breeze too. I forgot it was there haha!
  • Labret - this one was probably 3/10, healing was quick and quite painless too :)
  • Conch - pain was more so a 4/10, healing was longer as it is through cartilage but as long as I didn't sleep on my ear it was fine!
  • Tragus - pain again was around a 4/10, but the healing process was a bit fussy. Sometimes flares up with pain if I sleep on it.
  • Venom (double tongue piercing) - this was about a 7/10 getting pierced, but my god, the healing process was awful. I really do not recommend getting this one if you have not had any other piercings before! The healing was a long process, and I couldn't eat anything more than fluids & puree's for weeks until the swelling and pain had gone. It was a lot of pain. But, with all that being said, it is my most favourite piercing out of them all!

All I would say is that you should research the piercer you are planning to see, look at reviews and make sure you have a consultation with them if they offer it to see which piercings may work for your anatomy :)

Piercers should use implant grade titanium, preferably internally threaded jewellery :)

But genuinely go for it! I love my piercings and they are such a fun way to express yourself!