Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my RNY on Thursday morning & was discharged from the hospital today. So far, so good. I didn't experience any gas pain at all, primarily just intense ab muscle pain...but only when I move. It's definitely gotten much better since Thursday afternoon and now broadly feels like I did way too many sit ups.

I didn't have any last minute second thoughts and have zero regrets.

Now the real work starts.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:59 AM, Sandy_Chi-312 said:

Sept 7th was my gastric sleeve date. Still getting use to some things. Hope everyone is doing well.

Same here 🙂 big learning curve now!!

On 9/6/2023 at 4:55 PM, PrincesssBabs said:

Hi!

I'm Babs and I just got a mini gastric bbypasson Spetember 1st this year. Recovering fine, missing weed, Snacks, and actually feeling hungry! My pain with drinking has gone down significantly already and I'm on phase one liquids post-op day 4. Last day of breathing exercises thank God.

Any gamers here? Witches?

Looking to build a community ❤️ and begin making spell jars.

Hi Babs!

I'm an introvert up for adoption. Shoot me a message anytime! We are a house of gamers and I worship the old Gods.

I am not going to lie. My husband went out for work and I was left home alone on Friday and my stupid a$$ hits my weed pen. I thought I was going to die. I smoke everyday and only quit 2 days before the surgery because dr said I had to. (He says I need to stay quit but it's one of the only things that helps with some nerve pain I have in my shoulder) Coughing HURTS AFTER SURGERY!!!!

Had my RNY & hernia repair done on Monday the 11th. After Friday's scramble and near cancellation of my surgery because insurance hadn't answered the prior authorization and wouldn't escalate it. Ended up getting approved at 4:45 EST, they were literally in the process of rescheduling everything for me before canceling everything out when they finally got the call saying it was approved. I think that was the most stressful day of the whole process.

I ripped some of the internal sutures trying to get out of bed to go to the bathroom the first night I was inpatient so that was not a happy time. Still a lot of incisional pain and pain around where the muscle was pinched and torn. But the Dr. was happy with the results and once I put on a binder I was able to move a lot more comfortably. Especially since it helped with the feeling of gravity pulling at incision sites when it was wrapped tight enough. Still having some gas issues have a bubble in my upper chest it feels like and it just isn't budging. And the gas coming out, lord help me. Lord help my husband. I'm not ladylike at all ever but even now farting is embarrassingly loud and obnoxious. And it's OFTEN!

I was supposed to be allowed to leave on Tuesday but with the suture issue and not being able to manage my pain effectively, they kept me an extra day which greatly threw off our game plan. But we made it home late Wednesday night after a 5-hour drive home from the hospital and I've been doing a little better each day. I can't go too long without wearing the binder or else standing begins to pull and hurt too much. Showering is about the only time it's off, I've been alternating between the one I asked for at the hospital and the one I bought off Amazon and left at home when I packed my post-op bag. While the one I got off Amazon is soft and stretchy, it's neoprene or something like it so it gets HOT! The one the hospital gave me is pretty much all elastic banding and I prefer it over the one I bought because it also covers more of my abdomen heightwise so it feels like it stays in place a little better. And you'll KNOW if it shifts when you move.

I'm trying to get myself back into the swing of things though and trying to get caught up on everything I missed last week while I was tuned out. Today is the first day I have actually gotten online and done more than just buy something I needed at the moment on Amazon. Today is also the first day I didn't wake up hating myself for putting myself through it. I knew it was going to be rough and I knew it was going to hurt, but even in all my overthinking, I didn't think I'd hurt as badly as I did. Don't hesitate to ask for pain meds and go to oral meds as soon as they'll let you while you're there if you want to get out of the hospital with a quickness.

Thursday the 21st for me! VSG and I’m excited!

Just got a call from my surgery clinic, my surgery is being moved from the 27th to the 25th. I'm so excited!

15 hours ago, RnYBabe said:

Just got a call from my surgery clinic, my surgery is being moved from the 27th to the 25th. I'm so excited!

Welcome to the 9/25 club!!

On 9/17/2023 at 8:19 AM, kikisaint89 said:

Best of luck!!! Mine is 9/26! The liquid diet is killing me!! Lol

My RNY w/Hiatal Hernia Repair is on the 26th also. Started my liquid diet on Monday. No fun!

On 9/17/2023 at 8:19 AM, kikisaint89 said:

Best of luck!!! Mine is 9/26! The liquid diet is killing me!! Lol

My RNY w/Hiatal Hernia Repair is on the 26th also. Started my liquid diet on Monday. No fun!

This weekend is stock up and get ready weekend. I'm so glad Protein Shakes have improved since 2012 when I had my band put in. Pre-Op diet is a challenge. I miss my coffee.