Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 hours ago, sharonwg said:

Hi June family - quick update. All good here. Not really in any pain to be honest. I know I’ve had something g done in the stomach area but I wouldn’t say it hurts if that makes sense. I can pretty much get in and out of bed but just slower. Should probably sip more Water but don’t really feel like it - i knew w I have to push myself. They gave me a liquid ibuprofen but I just couldn’t drink it as it tasted way too sweet. For those of you having your surgery on 2nd - good luck. You’re going to do just fine xxxx

Thank you for the update! I have the same surgery as you on Monday and I am still very scared. Your posts will help me sleep better until then. Please keep them coming, you are helping all of us. Praying for all of us tonight. Thank you so very much!

Morning guys. It’s 6:15 am here and I have just walked 6 lengths of the corridor without assistance (they encourage you to get up as soon as possible). I have only had one drip of paracetamol yesterday which they attach straight out of surgery. I have opted not to have another as I’m not in pain. I have had some really lovely deep sleep in between the nurse coming to monitor me. I think I’m doing fine and the nurse thinks so too xx

Nece - beautiful girl. I know how unattractive excessive weight can make you feel, despite how much our nearest and very dearest telling is something the opposite of that. Unfortunately, that head space is not one that changes overnight. Honey I hope your surgery provides you with something to help you live the life you’ve imagined xxx

Hi guys. Just had a wash unaided and I can stoop down and come back up unaided (I know this because I stoop when getting things from my overnight bag 😊). I’ve no appetite at all for anything but do need to get more fluids in. I’m not in any pain but the incisions feel a little tender (though no need for painkillers). Just keeping you guys updated xx

On 06/02/2023 at 06:28, sharonwg said:

Hi guys. Just had a wash unaided and I can stoop down and come back up unaided (I know this because I stoop when getting things from my overnight bag 😊). I’ve no appetite at all for anything but do need to get more fluids in. I’m not in any pain but the incisions feel a little tender (though no need for painkillers). Just keeping you guys updated xx

This is all great news, I’m happy to hear things are going well for you so far! Very encouraging for me also as today is my day :) How long is the stay in hospital for you?

Today is the day for me! 8 days of liquids and I’m down 10 lbs. Mostly Water weight I’m sure, but I’ll take it! I am feeling very confident and proud going into surgery today, because I did not cheat at all during the liquids, even over the long holiday weekend. Can’t believe I was able to do that.

Best wishes for any other June 2 friends and continued healing vibes for our June 1 friends :-)

Hi Catlady. My surgeon has said I can actually go home this evening but will be staying another night (I asked as it’s just me at home and I’d like the further monitoring). Good luck with it honey - I pray you come through it safely and comfortably. You’ll be fine. Sending well wishes and prayers for all of you June pals having your surgery today. Hoping all of you who also had surgery yesterday is well.

I’m eating a small ramekin of clear Soup and struggling with more than a few half spoonfuls. I’m listening to my body and trying to be mindful of knowing when ‘the last bite’ is.

Good Luck for everybody having surgery today June 2rd keep us posted

1 hour ago, CatLady0626 said:

Today is the day for me! 8 days of liquids and I’m down 10 lbs. Mostly Water weight I’m sure, but I’ll take it! I am feeling very confident and proud going into surgery today, because I did not cheat at all during the liquids, even over the long holiday weekend. Can’t believe I was able to do that.

Best wishes for any other June 2 friends and continued healing vibes for our June 1 friends 🙂

Good Luck! Let us know how you are doing after!

1 hour ago, sharonwg said:

Just a small note to alert you all too - the lady in the room next to mine also had a bypass and does not have any pain either xx

Thank you so much for these news, great encouraging information!

2 hours ago, MarisAthena said:

Thank you so much for these news, great encouraging information!

Just a question for you, did they give you any type of pain medication? Thank you!

Just a small note to alert you all too - the lady in the room next to mine also had a bypass and does not have any pain either xx

Hi. So, when I came out of the theatre, one of the drips I was on was paracetamol which lasted for 6 hours following surgery. They offered more after that but I didn’t need it. They also offered a liquid anti inflammatory (ibuprofen) but I found it way too sweet and couldn’t drink it. I still have no pain. If I experience pain, I can just ask for painkillers xx