Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Surgery Dates?

I got vsg on April 17. And so far I feel like I can eat anything!! Ugh I'm so hungry all the time. Trying to concentrate on mostly Protein but still feel so hungry 😫 I don't see the bari doctor until 5/30 I'm down 31 lbs but 15 is from pre-op diet .. I feel like I'm failing 😭

Same here! Lost 14 pre-op, 9 in the first week post-op, then only 7 in the 3.5 weeks since. I see my doc tomorrow, and will report back. My surgery was 4/20.

Edited by trishrivs

APRIL 26

3 hours ago, Gigiheart said:

I got vsg on April 17. And so far I feel like I can eat anything!! Ugh I'm so hungry all the time. Trying to concentrate on mostly Protein but still feel so hungry 😫 I don't see the bari doctor until 5/30 I'm down 31 lbs but 15 is from pre-op diet .. I feel like I'm failing 😭

Edited by Changing Chris
Need to write a reply

Had my sleeve surgery on April 18. Still feel hungry all the time too, but get full fast now when eating the soft foods. This threw me off at first because my fantasy before surgery was that I'd never feel hungry again, but what actually happened afterwards was the opposite! On my first week post op appointment I think my Dr. thought I was accusing him of giving me a bad sleeve.. HAHAHA!

Today is the day I get to start having "regular" foods as tolerated. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. Funny thing is, I don't even know where to start, so all I have in the house to eat is the stuff from my soft foods diet! 🙂 Hardest part for me is keeping track of my Protein and Fluid intake as I have a very busy work schedule and don't always log right away. I know this is a week point and I'm working on it.

I lost 19 lbs pre op, and 27 lbs post op so far. Tomorrow is my one month post op follow up. Their scale usually adds a couple extra lbs than mine so I'll have more official numbers tomorrow.

Good Luck Everyone! And thanks for posting, the topical conversations found on this site truly help some of us get thru!

43 minutes ago, Changing Chris said:

I think my Dr. thought I was accusing him of giving me a bad sleeve.. HAHAHA!

That's funny. I thought I got the wrong surgery. A sleeve instead of a gastric bypass. Reason being, at my first follow up, I told the doc my incision on right side was still painful. He said it was normal because that's where they remove the stomach at. I'm like wait..... didn't you give me a bypass???

After I got home, I was a bit paranoid about it. Even the nurse mentioned sleeve so I went so far as to check with my insurance and doctor's notes to make sure I got the correct procedure. I guess the sleeve is performed more often nowadays so my Bariatric team assumed till they looked closer at my notes. Geez, what a faux pas.

On 5/4/2023 at 8:29 AM, Xdiva89x said:

mix cottage cheese in with my Protein Shakes and chair seeds

I'm assuming you meant chia seeds. I have a few bags in my freezer that I'm contemplating using again post-surgery. Asked my NUT if it was OK at 5 weeks and she approved. When I asked her if they should be used dry or soaked she said dry. By the look on her face, I think she was guessing. LOL The only time I used them dry was when I had bad acid reflux. The dry seeds would soak up the excess acid in my stomach for almost instant relief. But you have to be careful as these will soak up to 10 times their amount of weight in liquid. It actually caused a death when someone downed a bunch dry without drinking enough Water to fully swallow them all and the seeds expanded in their throat. Yikes!!

Indian runners used them back in the day to run long distances, having to carry very little water. But dry in pouches. Hmmm...

Many many articles online listing its benefits. Alot don't say whether to consume dry or soaked. Just 2T a day. That would definitely skew measurements. I'm wondering, will this help us in our Quest to stay hydrated longer? If taken dry, will the expansion stretch our new small stomach or pull much needed moisture from us? What say you?

VSG 4/28. I’ve only lost 19 pounds in the past four weeks. Most lost in the first week post-op. HW: 292 SW:284 CW:265 GW: 180

14 hours ago, Clipper1 said:

Had mine Apr 25. One month in. Hitting the stall!!

Me too. I was losing roughly 1 lb per day (25 lbs since surgery). Now I've been stuck around 251 for almost a week. When does the weight loss start to kick back in again? I've started a boxing workout and other cardio to get me off that weight.

On 5/21/2023 at 8:31 PM, BabySpoons said:

My surgery was April 3rd and for 5 weeks I was only sick once during week one. Everything was so good and I've had same thoughts that I've read some others here express.... did I even get the surgery? I feel no restriction. No nausea. No hunger. No problems. Too good to be true.

Week five I was put on normal/rest of life food plan. I'm now feeling hard restriction. Which is ok except for the nausea. That's hard to deal with. I went back to soft foods for a bit and got sick again today with a Breakfast I've had more times than I can count. 1 soft scrambled egg and 1/4 C of cooked spinach.

The uncertainty of what's doable to eat and what isn't every day is starting to stress me. I understand it's trial and error at this point but I'm almost afraid to eat now. Next step...I might need to go back to full liquid if need be. Hopefully this won't hinder my progress. I figure how can it hurt to allow more healing time for my tummy?

How are you doing with the nausea? I had the sleeve April 17th and I too never felt pain or discomfort. 5 weeks in and I’m very nauseous. I would rather be in pain than be nauseous.

I get nauseous. I get blackout dizzy, on top of it. Literally so dizzy, I see my vision go to black. 25 Apr surgery. Hit 2 stalls. In the middle of one, now. I'm trying everything, especially with Vitamins and supplements. Grind up vitamins into my shakes. Blender up the nasty Iron chews into flavored water. All trying to absorb better. Not sure if it's working.

1 hour ago, Clipper1 said:

I get nauseous. I get blackout dizzy, on top of it. Literally so dizzy, I see my vision go to black. 25 Apr surgery. Hit 2 stalls. In the middle of one, now. I'm trying everything, especially with Vitamins and supplements. Grind up Vitamins into my shakes. Blender up the nasty Iron chews into flavored water. All trying to absorb better. Not sure if it's working.

Have you tried vitamin patches? I had a terrible time with my vitamins and started using a variety of PatchAid supplements. Having blood drawn in two weeks, so hopefully labs will show these Patches are working.