Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's medial thigh lift, breast augmentation and mons lift

Glory be! The drains are OUT!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Freedom! And tomorrow, the last of the stitches come out (breasts and tummy are out -- just legs remain). You know what that means -- SHOWER, GLORIOUS SHOWER!!!

Ahhh, can't wait.

Wow, my TT revision is better than I thought. It was simple, painless, and I'm ready for bikini season! Can't wait to post pics. I think I'm going to do a culmination thread where I do before and afters of all my PS areas in one post. It'll probably take me a whole day to assemble, but should be fun!

Can't wait to see new pictures! Glad you're feeling better. I bet you're going to love your shower. We have a new kid on the block for PS. Check out Nurseangel's thread. She needs encouragement!

A photo montage would be perfect! I have shown your photos to my daughter and said this is what mom wants to look like some day! You are such an inspiration and a wealth of knowledge.

So happy for you! To be able to shower again is indeed Awesome!!!

Can't wait for the photos

Ahh, the last of the stitches came out today. I'm officially DONE. I hae healing to do, but the procedures are officially OVER. It was a little emotional, actually, when he was cutting the last stitches. We had a good father/daughter moment. I feel like I thanked him honestly for his help and that he heard me (he doesn't always hear me).

That's about all I can handle for today. Talk to yall tomorrow!

Julie, your surgery results are amazing! I'm in Alabama, and contemplating plastic surgery in the next few months. I'd love to know who your dad is, and maybe get a consult.

Tami

Julie,

First of all I want to thank you sooooo much for sharing this whole journey with all of us, to say that you are an inspiration is an understatement!!

Second I want to say OM gawd you look amazing, and I mean amazing!!! Are you used to how flamin' sexy you look? If I can bring about 1/4 of the changes that you have I will be happy :)

I was getting abit nervous about the surgerys that I have planned but your thread , and the others on here have set my mind at ease, you are so matter of fact about it all.

I cant wait to see the montage!

Nina x

Ahh, the last of the stitches came out today. I'm officially DONE. I hae healing to do, but the procedures are officially OVER. It was a little emotional, actually, when he was cutting the last stitches. We had a good father/daughter moment. I feel like I thanked him honestly for his help and that he heard me (he doesn't always hear me).

That's about all I can handle for today. Talk to yall tomorrow!

Julie-I can't imagine how you must feel, all done except for the healing. I'm looking forward to the day that I can say the same. Also looking forward to updated pics!

Julie: I bet you are emotional, I feel for you! I was talking to my trainer today about goal setting. I went to see my band doc about getting a low profile port and she told me that I look good, I'm muscular and should stop worrying about losing any more weight. It floored me. I said, but my BMI is still too high and she said that I have good muscle definition and look thin and with the PS I should be set. It kind of freaks me out. Anyway, back to goal setting... I was talking to my trainer about getting in shape to climb Mt. Kilamonjaro (SP?). I'm going to need some new goals. I bet you are in the same boat. I'm thinking that it might be cool to start a new thread in the AT or Near Goal section on Paying it Forward. After we have met our weight goals, How can we give back? Maybe not just to fellow banders, but even to the world in general? It's something to think about. Let me know your ideas on this subject (and anyone else reading this).

Julie: I bet you are emotional, I feel for you! I was talking to my trainer today about goal setting. I went to see my band doc about getting a low profile port and she told me that I look good, I'm muscular and should stop worrying about losing any more weight. It floored me. I said, but my BMI is still too high and she said that I have good muscle definition and look thin and with the PS I should be set. It kind of freaks me out. Anyway, back to goal setting... I was talking to my trainer about getting in shape to climb Mt. Kilamonjaro (SP?). I'm going to need some new goals. I bet you are in the same boat. I'm thinking that it might be cool to start a new thread in the AT or Near Goal section on Paying it Forward. After we have met our weight goals, How can we give back? Maybe not just to fellow banders, but even to the world in general? It's something to think about. Let me know your ideas on this subject (and anyone else reading this).

Karey-I think the paying it forward thing is a great idea. We kind of have that going on in our support group, we go an tell our story at the Informational seminars that our surgeon puts on. I've talked at 6 of them, the Doctor does his "thing" they says he has patients that have been through the "process". We tell our story, then they ask questions. It was kind of scarey at first, but gets easier. I'm also thinking about changing jobs, I'd like to work for a Bariatric Doctor, as I'm an RN, and I've been through the "process", I feel that I have a lot to offer. I need to revamp my resume and visit a few Doctors offices.

Alynne: That's really neat. I like the lapband forum for that very reason. I feel restless. I think I've concentrated on myself for 1 1/2 years and it's been life transforming, and necessary to get where I am, especially after a life time of serving others in my family of origin, in my family as a mother of 5, as a wife who has worked beside her husband in his business for the last 20 years, as an active Church member and a volunteer in my children's schools, etc. I don't want to give up putting myself right up there in the priorities because I hope I have finally realized how important it is to take care of and nourish yourself. It finally got to the point, that I had nothing to give anyone because I felt so badly about myself. So, with those lessons in mind, I really want to go forth and serve as the new person I've become. It's going to take some thought to decide how, when and how much to take on. I'd like to see this discussion continues....

Karey,

Your pay it forward post is really important. I've been barely present on the forum for the last few days (computer access is tough when I'm not home) but won't you please start a thread on the Life At Goal forum for it?