Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op plastic surgery

3 hours ago, loridee11 said:

I've been considering filler - since weight loss I have what I feel are pretty deep folds around my mouth. Not sure if you chose filler for the same reason - if yes, does it help?

yep, i felt like i had some seriously deep laugh lines and i tried out filler to address it.

while yes, it definitely lessened their appearance, and in the lower section by my mouth it totally disappeared, i just didn't like the look of it.

it didnt look natural to me. i mean, im 50 yrs old, i should have some lines...personally, i think i looked like i was a walking instagram filter, lol. also *i* felt it made me look chubbier...whether that was true or not...its important to note here that no one else thought so, if they even noticed. most everyone besides my bffs and my daughter just thought i was taking care of my skin. even my husband didn't/doesn't notice.

so now i just stick to cheek fillers (i have lovely looking cheekbones now), which does have a small side affect on my laugh lines. the filler pushes out the skin which lifts up my lower face a teeny bit and stretches out the laugh lines, which lessens the appearance. it's subtle and more natural looking imo than filler directly into that area.

you didn't ask, but i'll speak to the undereye and chin filler i had that i also wasnt a fan of.

undereye filler: tried it to adress my sunken undereyes. yes, it got rid if the sunken look, but combined with cheek filler i thought again, that i looked chubbier in the face and had a rounded cheek look instead of the angular look i preferred. so now i just use a good concealer and live with it.

chin filler: my tech suggested i try on my chin to adress my semi-turkey neck and to get a more defined jaw. and yep, it did help with both the loose skin on my neck under the chin and give me a nice profile, but i felt like my chin looked too big for my face. i was just probably used to my normal chin though. and again, no one even noticed. anyway, didn't do it again after that.

21 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I've had a lower body lift, an arm lift, a breast lift, and a face/neck lift. And yes - I'm very happy with the results.

many surgeons will recommend you wait a year once you reach goal to make sure your weight is stable before having plastic surgery. Reason being is that a significant gain can affect your results.

Do you really have to wait for a whole year after you reach your goal to have plastic surgery? Even on the face?

I don't expect to reach my goal until 12-18 months after surgery. And then one year after that - that would mean I would have to look bad for two to two and a half years.

I could at least have my eyelids done, right? I was going to have them done before WLS, but I had to change the dates and I didn't want to do it while I was still recovering from WLS.

Edited by Sunnyer

9 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I didn't find the arm lift or breast lift that painful (the lower body lift, on the other hand, ugh - way worse than WLS). Although you can't do any heavy lifting or reach up to get things for awhile. Luckily, I'm married, so my husband took over pet feeding. If you put things at a level where you don't have to reach up and in containers that aren't very heavy you may be OK, though (I didn't have a thigh lift, so I can't speak to that...)

What is the difference between a lower body lift and Tummy Tuck? Is that the same thing?

14 hours ago, summerseeker said:

Fortunately, my eyesight is shot, I can not see the finer details of my face anymore. This will save me a fortune

😂😂😂

I bought a magnifying illuminated mirror for my bathroom to help with my fading eye sight. Big mistake. Big. Huge.

Hold off on the eyelid lift @Sunnyer too. I had hooded eyelids, waste of time wearing eyeshadow, & had often mused about getting an eyelid lift. But somewhere in my second year I suddenly realised I had eyelids. That fatty skin that folded & drooped over my eyes was greatly reduced. I spend a fortune on eyeshadow now. There’s some saggy skin around the eyelid but much in the words of @ms.sss, I’m 57 I should have some lines.

I decided against fillers in my marionette lines @loridee11 because I didn’t want the puffy face look. I worked hard to get cheek bones & facial definition. 😁 but as I said the filler in the hollow in front of my ears did help with depth & length of the lines.

Not the most flattering pxt but look I have eyelids. (Ignore the dark bruised eye circles. They’re curtesy of my glaucoma drops. 😩) The labial fold line on my left was as long as the one on the right which was longer too. The marionette lines from my mouth changed much the same way. Oh and the slightly pursed puffy upper lip is the Dysport lip curl.

04CF81AD-1170-4A32-BCB6-92AC324C069A.thumb.jpeg.4955c3d232773d198d57b17aec750a35.jpeg

I have a skin condition related to skin friction & that already helps me qualify for skin removal thankfully!! I think I will get my tummy & arms done as both areas are affected. I have loose skin on my thighs too but I have no problem trying to fill them out with muslce

I also wish to get my neck done but that's out of my budget. I'm trying to sneakily hide it with face lift tape & I like it so far!

6 hours ago, bbykitty said:

I'm trying to sneakily hide it with face lift tape & I like it so far!

i've always been curious about face lift tape! is the tape not easily seen by others? does it stay on all day?

13 hours ago, Sunnyer said:

Do you really have to wait for a whole year after you reach your goal to have plastic surgery? Even on the face?

I don't expect to reach my goal until 12-18 months after surgery. And then one year after that - that would mean I would have to look bad for two to two and a half years.

I could at least have my eyelids done, right? I was going to have them done before WLS, but I had to change the dates and I didn't want to do it while I was still recovering from WLS.

This is really up to the surgeon. In my non surgical opinion, face and neck should be ok sooner

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

i've always been curious about face lift tape! is the tape not easily seen by others? does it stay on all day?

The ones I use are clear tabs so they're nearly invisible! Especially when I have my hair down as the tape used on the neck tends to get pulled near the ears. & they stay on as long as you use them before moisturizer or makeup! (I find them on Amazon)

I also use skin colored kinesiology tape (what boob tape is made out of) as that sticks even better even through sweat/heat. I HAVE to wear my hair down w that one though

I had a Tummy Tuck and thigh lift last week. Recovering now. I’m sore, but doing better than I expected. The worst part was the drains. Thankfully they’re out now. I was hoping to have my eyes done at the same time, but the surgeons decided it would be too much to do at once. It’s hard to take off from work, so it’s disappointing I couldn’t do it all at once. I may combine arms and eyes, but debating if the arm scar is as bad as the bat wings.

After weight loss I loved crossing my legs and strolling around effortlessly. I’m really missing that now, but understand it’s temporary. After feeling skinny, I now feel fat. My husband said it’s just all the compression garments and swelling. Can’t wait until I’m healed and can see and feel the results.

On 12/18/2022 at 9:03 AM, Tomo said:

I've thought of having arm lift, breast lift, and thigh lift. I meant to ask this question here. I am worried about how soon would it be that I can feed my pets, nothing heavy or anything but there is no one to take care of them if I am down. If it is a quick recovery like the rny, it would be no problem. If anyone can give me insight it would be extremely helpful. Honestly, that's my only concern is my cats lol

I use an auto feeder for my cats also have an auto litter box so if you have the budget you could look into getting those.