Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting for Approval

But I think I can because I was an original member here. I was the third person in this forum way back on November 26th in the surgery date thread.

But I think I can because I was an original member here. I was the third person in this forum way back on November 26th in the surgery date thread.

allright!!!!

i would so love that!

Good morning,

I've had it!

I called just got off the phone with BC/BS...they drive me nuts...

spoke to the same girl from yesterday...yes! and on the first try..yes!

So I thought it would be my lucky day....NOT!

ok....so no denial...but no approval neither..

my record has just been pending there...just plain sitting...out there the frickin' frackin' f'ing supervisor has not forwarded back to RN for reviewal...

The rep was even stunned....she can't believe....I told her I've had it...by law this must be decided today...it is DAY 30!

She confirmed and is just as flabergasted...she emailed that frackin' supervisor requesting she contact me immediately.... I told her not good enough I want to speak to her now...I am getting my decision today...

She couldn't give me her tel# she said. She transfd me to her..ofcourse rings twice straight to voicemail-ok...I think I'll leave a message..nope voicemail box is FULL....I stay on line because it says stay on line if you want to be handled now and the person taking over her calls will assist..it rings...NOT...it goes right back to her frackin' voicemail...and I do this over and over and over...

I think ok....hit * get to the directory...choose to do name look up...I have her name...got two hits...they each say their names..I listened to her message so many times I definitely recognized her voice....it asks to verify I want first, last name at extn xxxx....yes I got her extention number...I let the system connect me and voila....I can all of a sudden leave a message!!!

I will be sending a request contact to the georgia insurance commission today...and seeing about contacting an attorney...i've had it with these people!:pray2:

oh...but I will call today every 2 hours...!

Oh 4Jin, that is just how I felt with my insurance. :lol: Unfortunately they are holding all the cards. Because in their book, not all the information needed was there (doctor's id number was missing) they have an excuse to reset the counter until 30 days after they received your complete file. :mad::rant: It is not fair and I don't think they realize that they are dealing with people's lives and emotions. To them it is just an elective surgery. Keep hounding them, at least it makes you feel like you are doing something and sometimes the squeeky wheel does get oiled first. When I told my SIL about the problem I was having she said "It's a blues product and they are impossible to work with" She works in the healthcare field. Apparently BCBS feels they have the monopoly and can do things their way or the highway. :lol:

Hang in there. We are pulling for you! :pray2::pray2::wink2:

First off, I second Chrisann's nomination that 4jin be an honorary member of the New Year's Knock-outs, StLouisGal too if she wants to be :pray2:.

Secondly, you give that insurance company he!!, 4jin! You know we are all behind you! Keeping up the prayers.:wink2:

And finally, I got preregistered for the hospital yesterday and it is coming up so soon!! I am getting excited.... and nervous:unsure:. But the good thing is that I am pretty well adjusted to this liquid diet thing.

~Amy

thanks AMY,

OK.....I called Georgia Insurance Commissioners office. They assigned me a rep who called me right back. She informed me 30 calendar days...is what they have and decision should be in writing. especially if it is a denial...

Armed and mad...I called the insurance back...dialed the prior approval number...selected the extention number I got for the supervisor....

she actually answered this time....

she recognized my name right away...looked in what sounded like a notebook and informed me she sent my record about 45 minutes ago to her urgent RN reviewers. She will be hearing back from them in a couple of hours and verified my phone number and said WILL call me back TODAY..

I finally feel like I have complished to splatter some oil on their wheels and it is finally running....

Now I am so nervous lunch isn't even an option....my stomach is doing turns....

I am going to profusely pray that GOD gives me an initial approval.

Please pray for me...

Jeez, Louise!!!! I haven't been on this forum lately, as I'm going to be a March bandster. You've DEFINITELY been tested on this one! Maybe after all of this you can start doing presentations on how to deal with insurance companies!

One positive thing to keep in mind is at least BC/BC covers this type of surgery. The insurance that I had with my previous employer not only did not cover lapband/gastric surgeries, they didn't even cover medically necessary breast reductions! Thank God that they know that these things are physically beneficial in the long run!

I pray ya hear your good news today......SOON! Keep your chin up!

4Jin: I am so glad I was wrong and you were right!:pray2: It sounds like you may get an answer this very day! I'll keep praying.

AmyMT: Thanks for the invitation. I would love to be an honorary member of the New Years Knockouts! This is such a supportive board.

4Jin: I am so glad I was wrong and you were right!:pray2: It sounds like you may get an answer this very day! I'll keep praying.

AmyMT: Thanks for the invitation. I would love to be an honorary member of the New Years Knockouts! This is such a supportive board.

StLouisGal, it can vary from State to State -like all darn regulations.

But as mentioned BC/BS thinks they can make their own rules as they go along...

Praying...praying...on my knees...

guys we should make our own buddy-buddies thread under January 2008 bandsters for daily support of our journeys......

Knockout Transformations!!!!

Well hello everyone....i saw the dr on 12/27 and have completed all the tests (many many) as of yesterday 1/16/08. I have one more visit on 2/7 with nutritionist. I'm hoping it won't take long to get approval. I have BC/BS from Ct and heard that it only takes days to get approval...here's hoping. My next appt is at the end of March. I can't stop eating though...have any of you had that problem? I feel like every meal is my last meal.. :)

sharon

4jin

I am praying for you! I understand you completely. I think you have been patient long enough! But remember that everything happens for a reason so yours being delayed I'm sure was God's timing and not ours. Also, you did the right thing, just hang in there.

I called Anthem today just to confirm that they all the docs they needed. The lady said, hold on....which seemed like a year. Finally, she says..everything seems to be but we are behind by several days and that it normally doesn't take long. She told me if I didn't hear anything back by Wed to call back. That made me feel better but I'm still watching the website every hour...this is really sick. :)

Yes, you should be an honourable Jan Bandster and guess what since you don't have preop like me...it's not too late really to be banded this month. Be encouraged!

sharona

I just went throught that! I went to Red Lobster 3 times in the pass 2 weeks. I ate shrimp so I didn't feel too bad! Now I'm in the phrase of not really eating at all. But what you are you feeling is normal. Just try to eat more fruit and veggies. I finished my last dietian appt on the 8th and I thought that the insurance process would go faster and I know it's only 9 days but I had no clue since all insurance companies are different.

Now, when the insurance is approved.. I have a preop appt and a week or two of full liquids so Feb here I come.

:Dancing_biggrin:Great News!:hurray:Your persistence paid off!:)

When will you get your surgery date? I'm so happy for you!! :huh2: