Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

I'm getting sleeved September 6th!!

Mlewis87 we definitely need to help each other through weak points of the liquid diet! I know it is going to be rough!

When you guys start your liquid diet, please share anything you find to help make that time bearable. I'm not looking forward to it at all , but my surgery isn't until the 19th so most of you will start before me. Hopefully I can learn from you guys :)

I have been on Pinterest looking for good Soup recipes! And my work buddy swears she is going to only eat soup with me🤣

I saw somewhere on this site a list of soup/broth but I can't remeber where because I've looked at soo many threads. Thats so nice of your co worker and so supportive! My husband told me he for sure was not going on the liquid diet with me. I told him he couldn't or he would die because he's so skinny. He went on the Keto diet with me last year to be supportive but he couldn't keep going so I think he's more afraid of diets now. He's never been over weight, so he really doesn't have any experience, but I loved the support. It really does make a difference.

I have one daughter away at college that is super supportive of this and the one still at home with me is not happy about it. Lol. She says I can’t be pretty and skinny that just isn’t fair. Meanwhile she definitely got all the good genes Ms. 5”11 all leg blonde bombshell 🙄. My dad is excited for me but no one is going to do the full diet with me except you guys!!

17 minutes ago, Hope4NewMe said:

When you guys start your liquid diet, please share anything you find to help make that time bearable. I'm not looking forward to it at all , but my surgery isn't until the 19th so most of you will start before me. Hopefully I can learn from you guys :)

Do you know when you'll start the liquid diet yet? I'm supposed to start on Sept 6th.

I am not sure yet. They will tell me on Aug 23rd. I am hoping for a week tops lol.

2 minutes ago, SpartanMaker said:

Do you know when you'll start the liquid diet yet? I'm supposed to start on Sept 6th.

I start on sept 5th :) I have 1 week where I can have 1 small Keto like meal and the rest of the day only liquids. Then the second week is only liquids.

All pre-op paperwork I've been given so far says I only have to do a clear liquid diet the day before, plus milk of magnesia, so I'm have to counting myself lucky.

What trackers are you guys using? I have been using the baritastic app but have seen it have incorrect data and I'm having trouble saving recipies. I am hoping for a free one but if its worth it then I'll pay :) Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, loli_lotus said:

All pre-op paperwork I've been given so far says I only have to do a clear liquid diet the day before, plus milk of magnesia, so I'm have to counting myself lucky.

Oh wow - that is amazing! I'm jealous :)

8 minutes ago, Hope4NewMe said:

What trackers are you guys using? I have been using the baritastic app but have seen it have incorrect data and I'm having trouble saving recipies. I am hoping for a free one but if its worth it then I'll pay :) Any suggestions?

I use MyFitnessPal. It's not bariatric specific, but works for me. Just avoid the forums, they tend to be anti surgery. I like that I can scan anything with a barcode to add that food to my log. It also has a huge database, though sometimes that can be a negative because you may find 30 different entries for one thing. recipes are pretty easy to enter, but I find that work better on a PC instead of the app. It has both a free and a paid version. The paid version has some extra feature, but I don't miss them personally.

14 minutes ago, loli_lotus said:

I'm assuming your liver must be smaller than most of us? The reason they give for the preop diet is typically to shrink your liver to make the surgery safer for you and easier for the surgeon.