Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my bypass surgery on December 2 2021 and had set a goal to reach my goal weight by my birthday day on October 8th. I started at 290 goal weight is 160. And I have lost 114 lbs bringing down to 176. I have 16lbs to go in just under 3 months. But I'm nervous about the time line of reaching it on time. I had heard the last 15 are the hardest to loose. I'm worried I'm not going to get there in time. I haven't really had a stall or anything. I mean I can go back and forth on the weekends but usually by Monday or Tuesday I'm back to the same or less than Friday but that's it. I'm wondering if most people have issues with the last 15lbs. I also like to know if anyone didn't have a hard time

Sent from my SM-A716U using BariatricPal mobile app

You might not get there by your birthday, but that's okay - this is a lifelong journey, not a sprint. Remember that you need to do this in a way that feels sustainable to you.

I am at 160 and I've been stuck here going up or down a few lbs for a few months. I would also like to lose another 20 lbs to get to a "normal" BMI, but that is not looking likely. However, I am trying to be okay with that. Many people never get to below the obese range.

It's good to have goals, but don't let them become obsessions. We can only control our bodies so much.

1 hour ago, Tami10 said:

I had my bypass surgery on December 2 2021 and had set a goal to reach my goal weight by my birthday day on October 8th. I started at 290 goal weight is 160. And I have lost 114 lbs bringing down to 176. I have 16lbs to go in just under 3 months. But I'm nervous about the time line of reaching it on time. I had heard the last 15 are the hardest to loose. I'm worried I'm not going to get there in time. I haven't really had a stall or anything. I mean I can go back and forth on the weekends but usually by Monday or Tuesday I'm back to the same or less than Friday but that's it. I'm wondering if most people have issues with the last 15lbs. I also like to know if anyone didn't have a hard time

Congrats on your fabulous loss so far, you have done amazing in such a short time. Shooting for a goal weight is good but if you cant achieve it, don't be down hearted. It may affect your progress. Just keep working your plan and see where you get to. It must become obvious when we get to our set point. I am a little bothered by the 20lb bounce back at 3 years out that people have talked about.

You've had such amazing weight loss! You may get to that goal by October but don't beat yourself up if you don't. Just keep following your plan and you will succeed.
I have had to come to terms with not getting to my ideal goal weight. I started out so big and had a lot to lose, so I knew I may never get there even though I'd like to. I'm still technically in the obese category, even though I wear a size medium or large and I feel amazing and am healthy now, so I focus on those things, because the reason I did this was to get my life and health back. I can't let the number on the scale make me feel bad when I feel so great!
Focus on all the a amazing progress you made so far. You have done a wonderful job!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm not far off my goal either (10kg to go), and the rate of loss has definitely slowed down to a crawl. Some weeks I lose nothing, then the next I'll be down half a kilo, but I was both warned of this by my dietician and my own research so it's fine. It's good not to get hung up on the number on the scale, because what actually matters more to me is how my clothes fit, and despite the slow scale movement, my clothes continue to loosen. I'm now a small size AU16/US12 to a large AU14/US10. My goal is AU12/US8. I'm so close I can taste it! So another 10kg will actually put me below that, so I'm honestly fine to call "Maintenance" once I'm a comfortable AU12/US8. If that means my weight is above 75kg, that's fine. That's where I'll settle!

So don't put too much stock in the scale. It's easy to get hung up on it, and it's freeing to realise it's not actually THE ONE measure of success. Be patient, enjoy being so close, and know you'll get there. My dietician said I should hit goal by the end of this year, but I'm way ahead of that! I keep that in mind any time I feel a little disappointment at the crawling scale number.

And as I've told friends and family, if I stay where I am now, I'll still be happy. I can buy clothes almost anywhere, and blend in with the lean crowd, which is all I've ever wanted! Anything beyond this is a bonus.