Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walls of Text

I normally don't start threads in the R & R section. I do enjoy reading the

posts in this section.

My rant is when someone posts a very long post and doesn't put any breaks

anywhere. I spend so much time on Lap Band Talk, and often it's late at night.

It's very hard to read something when there aren't any breaks or indentations

for new paragraphs. My eyes are usually blurred by this time of night, but since I enjoy reading the posts so much, I struggle to see and read them, (even with reading glasses) to try to keep track of each line and read the entire post.

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

Oooooo, Ooooo, Ooooooooooo! I HATE That So Much! It Makes Me Batshit.

Why In The Heck Anyone Thinks This Is A Cool Way To Write Is Beyond Me! I Can't And Quite Often Won't Read Their Posts.

Oooooo, Ooooo, Ooooooooooo! I HATE That So Much! It Makes Me Batshit.

Why In The Heck Anyone Thinks This Is A Cool Way To Write Is Beyond Me! I Can't And Quite Often Won't Read Their Posts.

Yeah, I skip those posts too. Or the posts in bright happy, peppy, perky colors like Neon Yellow. Grrrrrrrrrrr I skip anything that is a chore to read.

I normally don't start threads in the R & R section. I do enjoy reading the

posts in this section.

My rant is when someone posts a very long post and doesn't put any breaks

anywhere. I spend so much time on Lap Band Talk, and often it's late at night.

It's very hard to read something when there aren't any breaks or indentations

for new paragraphs. My eyes are usually blurred by this time of night, but since I enjoy reading the posts so much, I struggle to see and read them, (even with reading glasses) to try to keep track of each line and read the entire post.

Does anyone else have a problem with this?

I am so with you on this one! I am a speed reader, and another problem for me is all caps or all lower case. If I don't have good punctuation, the right cases, and paragraphs - well it is very difficult for me to read. Thanks for bringing this up!

I usually start out reading them and after a few lines I just skip that post.

What About When They Do This? This Is Very Hard For Me To Read.

oH i hatE thaT toO, foR thE samE reasonS! arE yoU bY chancE a speeD readeR?

LOL Its funny seeing someone else rant over this topic.

I moderate on another forum and have a "PARAGRAPHS, PEOPLE!!" thread I resurrect every so often.

I am so with you on this one! I am a speed reader, and another problem for me is all caps or all lower case. If I don't have good punctuation, the right cases, and paragraphs - well it is very difficult for me to read. Thanks for bringing this up!

Ditto. I've just gotten to the point where if a post is a pain to read, I skip it entirely.

I think it's a shame to have to skip a good post just because the poster can't figure out that they are making a post hard to read.

I hope some of them read this thread. I don't want to start a war or hurt any feelings, but people should know that their posts just get skipped over if they can't figure out how to make a paragraph.

I am glad others agree with me.

I agree with this. I tend to read posts late at night too, and if everything is in all caps, no caps, no breaks, no paragraphs, I just skip the post entirely. I just can't read it.

Ditto, ditto, ditto, sez cranky Green!

You know, I do believe I am going to protest from now on! Next time I see a stupid post that does:

This

thIs

THIS

or...

tHiS

I'm gonna say I refuse to respond until the person writes like an adult.

I usually start out reading them and after a few lines I just skip that post.

What About When They Do This? This Is Very Hard For Me To Read.

I finally figured out that a post shows up with caps at the beginning of every word if someone has the "Caps Lock" key pressed down when they type in their response.