Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have a sample/suggestions to what a liquid diet pee op should look like

Everyone’s is different. You really need to check with your team to see what yours will be.

It varies a lot. Some people have only shakes, some people have low carb shakes, some people's shakes have sugar. I didn't have a pre-op liquid diet (except the day before surgery).

Talk to your surgery center. They will likely give you all sorts of printed information you can keep.

They really can be amazingly different. I wasn't even asked to stick to only liquids - I was allowed 800 calories in whatever form I wanted for 2 weeks and then I think a liquid/low residue diet for a couple of days beforehand (hard to remember now!) Good luck - some people find it really tough, I was fine with it because I was all 'eyes on the prize' after my surgery was cancelled 2 months previously.

All surgeons are different with their pre op plans. This was mine. (HMR Is a brand that my bariatric center provides, They sucked. I used Premier Protein and fairlife)

aw.png

Ask your doctor because the weird thing is the pre op diet varies sooooo much depending on your program.

I was suggested 2-3 shakes a day and one Protein meal daily. That meant a meal consisting of 4oz of a protein and 2 oz of low carb vegetables once a day. I was also allowed sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, and broth. I usually had my shake for Breakfast, followed by a lot of Gatorade zero and a jello. Then I had my protein meal for lunch, jello as a snack, Protein Shake for dinner followed by 1-2 sugar free popsicles all while drinking A LOT of Water all day. I rarely drank 3 shakes a day because they make me so constipated. I did have veggie broth every other day to have something savory. God, I don't miss those days.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

It is shockingly different from surgeon to surgeon.

Some is just light meals, some is light meals and Protein Shakes, some is only liquids. Some don't even require it at all and some only require 48 hrs of Clear Liquids only.

Mine provided a list of foods and their serving sizes, which you could pick 6 servings a day of. In addition to 4 Protein shakes a day. Then only calorie free liquids.

Edited by kcuster83
typo

Have you ever had a colonoscopy? That's what ours was for the day before surgery. As noted, they're all different so ask your own program for tips and information on their specific requirements.