Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August surgery buddies!

Hi! I’m scheduled for VSG/sleeve on August 8th, it’s getting close!

I'm curious what people having surgery in August are doing right now to prepare. It doesn't seem real yet so I've only started thinking about what I need to do or buy in preparation. I did finally order a reclining chaise that was on clearance at a local furniture store to sleep in for the first week or so.

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone! I am scheduled for my gastric sleeve for August 17th. I am 5'3" and 230 lbs so the doctor said I need to lose 100 lbs. Honestly I am super nervous and keep having thoughts of excitement but then I think well maybe I will just cancel it. Is it normal to feel this way? I would love to meet other people that are scheduled on the same month or around so we can somewhat do this process together.

I'm also 5'3 and started at 237. I'm now down 20lbs. I should be getting my bypass in September. I'm nervous and excited. My goal is to lose another 70lbs.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi everyone! I'm glad I have August buddies. I'm still so nervous, I go back and forward if I should or shouldn't. I still have prepared for it, what should I start purchasing?

On 6/8/2022 at 2:30 PM, I Am Enough! said:

I'm actually seriously considering doing a couple of test runs with the liquid diet to see what works and what doesn't. That way I can face it head-on and not get so anxious before August. Maybe start with three days and then take a break, then maybe add another day each time I attempt to do it. Not sure if this will work.... but it's worth a try! :P

August 2nd surgery buddy here! Have you seen what your "liquid diet" consists of from your team yet? I've talked with a few others on here and noticed mine is a little more forgiving. I decided to do a test run this week and I'm 3 days in. I honestly feel good. I actually find it hard to get everything in with all the liquids. I occasionally feel pretty tired but then not long after I get a burst of energy and take advantage of it when I can.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:50 AM, heartofmercury said:

I'm curious what people having surgery in August are doing right now to prepare. It doesn't seem real yet so I've only started thinking about what I need to do or buy in preparation. I did finally order a reclining chaise that was on clearance at a local furniture store to sleep in for the first week or so.

I've been doing the same! I've been doing some major deep cleaning in my home and just slowly packing and ordering what I'm going to be needing. The recliner is a great idea, I considered doing the same, but I figured I have an adjustable bed, we will see how that goes.

I've been doing the same! I've been doing some major deep cleaning in my home and just slowly packing and ordering what I'm going to be needing. The recliner is a great idea, I considered doing the same, but I figured I have an adjustable bed, we will see how that goes.
I wish I had an adjustable bed! Definitely on my wish list for later! The deep cleaning is a good idea! I do have some clutter and neglected areas of my house that I should tackle before.

Hi everyone! I'm glad I have August buddies. I'm still so nervous, I go back and forward if I should or shouldn't. I still have prepared for it, what should I start purchasing?
It's definitely nerve racking but super excited for a next chapter in your life. Maybe try writing down all your reasons why and sticking it on your bathroom mirror as a daily reminder!

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m nervous, but I wish it was sooner rather than later. I’m an educator and I was only able to get it scheduled 1 week before I have to go back to work! So I’ll only have 1 week off. Is anyone here worried about going back to work? Or are you guys blessed with staying home?

I’m nervous, but I wish it was sooner rather than later. I’m an educator and I was only able to get it scheduled 1 week before I have to go back to work! So I’ll only have 1 week off. Is anyone here worried about going back to work? Or are you guys blessed with staying home?
That is really cutting it tight, but I understand why. I plan on taking a week and a few days. Thankfully I work for family and my job itself is a desk job so my doctor said she didn't think it would be a big deal if I decided to go back sooner. I expect out energy levels will be pretty low.

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app