Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanted to see what your program says about raw vegetables, bread and alcohol

Yeah I don't think my team buys my entirely clean life. I said, "Hey I'm living on the edge now, I use CBD oil!" 😂

Edited by BypassingMyPhatAss

3 minutes ago, Pollito said:

Aye fair enough, but nothing to do with RNY

Yeah it's nothing to do with RNY. It's my autoimmune disease.

1 minute ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

Yeah I don't think my team buys my entirely clean life. I said, "Hey I'm living on the edge now, I use CBD oil!" 😂

Cocaine, Barbiturates and DMT. CBD is a good night.

5 minutes ago, Pollito said:

Dietician: twice a day, ok

Oh Southern Europe. So awesome, so poor, so beautiful people, so inefficient, and oh-so-wonderfully good at living life.

Just now, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

Oh Southern Europe. So awesome, so poor, so beautiful people, so inefficient, and oh-so-wonderfully good at living life.

👀

I was waved away from bread because it tends to ball up and plug the pouch, which I eventually learned first hand. I don't recall how long I waited, or waited after discovering the reasoning was true for me. I've since learned to sip a bit with bread to thin the resulting paste.

Raw veggies, like salads? Never been much of a fan, so don't remember how long I left it alone, but I don't think it was an actual rule, at least not one I recall now. I eat the occasional salad, but not in normal rotation.

Alcohol, I have to believe there was a prohibition of some length, but again, too long ago to recall the specifics. I don't believe I drank until I lost all my excess weight. I had pretty much abandoned alcohol years before surgery as I tended to binge, well, everything. I've had alcohol since surgery, it goes to my head quicker than pre-op, and if I drink over much the hangover hits quicker and ends quicker so by morning all effects have passed. I really only drink now on vacations with fruity drinks during the day and after dinner cognac.

Good Luck,

Tek

1 minute ago, The Greater Fool said:

I was waved away from bread because it tends to ball up and plug the pouch, which I eventually learned first hand. I don't recall how long I waited, or waited after discovering the reasoning was true for me. I've since learned to sip a bit with bread to thin the resulting paste.

Raw veggies, like salads? Never been much of a fan, so don't remember how long I left it alone, but I don't think it was an actual rule, at least not one I recall now. I eat the occasional salad, but not in normal rotation.

Alcohol, I have to believe there was a prohibition of some length, but again, too long ago to recall the specifics. I don't believe I drank until I lost all my excess weight. I had pretty much abandoned alcohol years before surgery as I tended to binge, well, everything. I've had alcohol since surgery, it goes to my head quicker than pre-op, and if I drink over much the hangover hits quicker and ends quicker so by morning all effects have passed. I really only drink now on vacations with fruity drinks during the day and after dinner cognac.

Good Luck,

Tek

That's interesting about bread. I couldn't eat it at all with my lap band. I would usually try at a restaurant, and have to excuse myself. 🤮 So I just gave up.

Thanks, everyone! I'm excited to have salads again. They were a go-to pre-op. My program isn't strict about carbs. My dietician allows healthy carbs and doesn't believe in eliminating foods, she just doesn't want me to dump or get sick. I eat potatoes, some grains, Beans, and chickpeas on the regular with my Protein. She said to enjoy a glass of wine after a year but funny enough I don't drink wine. Pre-op I never drank sweet stuff, only some beers and vodka/whiskey with soda Water. I never really drank a lot but I'm young and a lot of my friends drink socially so it's difficult. I have all these trips planned with my friends in the next coming months and won't be able to drink anything on them which kind of makes me sad but I know it's part of the process.

P.S. no worries about derailing the thread. Tell us about the date haha

22 minutes ago, MiniGastricBypassDude said:

Ah but we get to the goal of long(er than you) lives, stress free and happy directly - bypassing the work stress. And what can be more efficient than that? I'll see you at the beach, mine's a mojito!

Edit: Skål! https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/16/spain-to-beat-japan-2040-world-life-expectancy-league-table

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, BypassingMyPhatAss said:

👀

I caught that too. It's what happens when the glass is bottle-sized.

:D

There's not going to be a second date. But just getting out there again after 12 years was a huge win. It wasn't a match, truly.

5 minutes ago, Pollito said:

I'll see you at the beach, mine's a mojito!

Yeah, I'll wave to you from the hotel. I own it! :D

15 minutes ago, fourmonthspreop said:

She said to enjoy a glass of wine after a year

Eh, then you'll be fine if you don't enjoy it too much.