Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stacy, Cowboy- you guys are doing so great that I'm embarrassed by my measly amount of weight loss compared to you. *sigh* I guess slow is good though, as long as it keeps going down, right? Hi Pat!!! Sooooo glad you are BACK on LBT!! I was starting to really worry! I think we should ALL make a pact to post something at least once a month....OK? Everyone agree with me? This link has been such an important place for me to stay on track for these 5 months that I want to be here to help and encourage others now. Pat...do not compare your weight loss to anyone else's.....we are all different shapes and sizes and ages...so we will not stay at the same rate. A close friend of mine was banded 3 weeks before me and has lost over 80 lbs.... she and I never try to "keep up" with each other b/c that would never be possible...but we Celebrate each others "mini" milestones. Soooo my point to that is.....set a "mini" goal for yourself, tell us what it is, then we can be here to cheer you on and Celebrate with you when you reach it. I'll start....my mini goal for July is to lose 10 lbs.... Anyone want to join in and set a mini goal?

Has anyone heard from Dianne? I wonder how she's doing. Her last posts said her hubby was really not doing well. Dianne, if you're out there, let us know how things are going with you, girl. Ok? I agree....please let us know how you are Dianne...we're here for you. Prayers for you and for your husband....

After Cynthia slapped my hands about not attending that meeting I kinda got my feelings hurt and stayed away for a while, thinking I could handle this alone. :crying: WRONG.. We do need each other for help and support and I'm glad you all are here! Thanks to all of you.

You know, I could kind of tell that you got your feelings hurt with Cynthia's comment.....I would have as well and done the same thing you did.....put up a wall and tried to pull away and go it alone. I promise, I would have done the same thing. YOU are better then I....you came back and want to keep going and recognize that we are all in this same situation together....and can help each other! I read on a different LBT link...the new one that has "band buddies" and "coaches"....someone who is at goal and has been on here for a couple years (can't think of her screen name)....she said that she would help anyone who asked but they needed to be willing to take her "tough love" and "real" advice and suggestions. She would tell it straight and not beat around the bush on what works and what doesn't work. I think Cynthia was just trying to do the same thing about the meeting....it's there for us, we just have to take advantage or it and learn from all that TLC has to offer us. With gas prices so high....driving from Fort Worth to Plano isn't at the top of my "to do" list....so I haven't made it to a meeting either. You know what scares me now? On July 17th...that will be my 6 month band anniversary and then I will have to pay for my fills. I had a fill on May 1st and don't think I can handle anymore in my band right now....so I feel like I have missed an opportunity for 2 free fills...(June & July). I'm losing at a slow but steady rate....it's slowed WAY down from the beginning...so what do I do? Do I make an appointment for a teeny tiny tweek fill before July 17th? Or is that me just being greedy?:thumbup:

OK....let me know what you all think!!.......ALL my response is on purple....even above in Pat's original post.....I lost her end quote somehow and it showed up this way.....sorry if this is too confusing to read.

~~Stacey

Edited by tweenwaters
ALL my response is in purple

Hi all,

I am glad to see the activity here is picking up again.

I had my surgery yesterday and all is doing wonderful. Better thank I expected. I am a little sore and gassy, as to be expected,

I am taking my Gas-X strips and liquid Tylenol Rapid Release. I don't care for the way the Lortab makes me feel, so I am saving it for bedtime. The tyenol is getting me through just fine. The less narcotics I take, the faster I will heal. I don't want to slow anything down.

Any way, I guess I better go walk some more. Thanks for all the support.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie....congratulations and welcome to bandland!!!!!

We are here for you with help or support along the way. My best advice for your at this point is to start at the beginning of this thread and read what we each posted at the beginning of our banding process. Many of us had different experiences ..... I didn't have the gas pains that others said were so horrible...but I think I have possibly slimed more then anyone else!!!! YUCK....need to slow down and chew, chew,chew....or i get stuck!

Steph;

Welcome to the band wagon. I am amazed everyday how the band has changed my life and it just gets better every day. Remember to walk, walk, walk. The walking really helps with the gas and the pain. I hope all goes well for you.

db

Thanks for the advice Cowboy. I can't wait for that pain to go away and I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again.

Thanks everyone for all the support.

Stephanie--Waco, Tx

Hi everyone. Yes I am still here. I had to give my notice at work to stay home with my husband. Still fighting with the disability for my hunband but we are doing better now that I am at home. Been home now for about 6 weeks and it's much better. spending alot of time going to doctors and tests. We are living day by day. I do miss all of you. I can't even remember how I was set up when I was working. But I will try and keep more active now.

I used to use Road King as my sign, but sorry to say we have not been riding. Sure do miss it. But you never know what life throws your way. My weight loss is slow but I have lost 38 lbs since surgery. I have not been working out, which I am sure makes a big difference. I will have to read the past posts to get caught up on everyone. Miss you guys so much. Sorry I have been away but I have been going through so bad times.

Dianne ( Road King)

Hi everyone. Yes I am still here. I had to give my notice at work to stay home with my husband. Still fighting with the disability for my hunband but we are doing better now that I am at home. Been home now for about 6 weeks and it's much better. spending alot of time going to doctors and tests. We are living day by day. I do miss all of you. I can't even remember how I was set up when I was working. But I will try and keep more active now.

I used to use Road King as my sign, but sorry to say we have not been riding. Sure do miss it. But you never know what life throws your way. My weight loss is slow but I have lost 38 lbs since surgery. I have not been working out, which I am sure makes a big difference. I will have to read the past posts to get caught up on everyone. Miss you guys so much. Sorry I have been away but I have been going through so bad times.

Dianne ( Road King)

I'm sorry you are having a rough time and pray that you & your hubby can fight the insurance company and get his disability insurance working. Hang in there....the weight will come off....you need to put your hubby first right now, so just take it day by day. What can we do to help?

We've missed YOU too:) Welcome back!

Thanks for the advice Cowboy. I can't wait for that pain to go away and I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again.

Thanks everyone for all the support.

Stephanie--Waco, Tx

Hi Stephanie,

Stay on track with your pain meds.....so not miss a dosage for the first several days....if your pain gets too much to handle...it is hard to get it back under control.

Keep sipping your Water, crystal light or whatever Clear liquids you are on. Hang in there....the time will pass quickly and you will be healing faster each day!!!

all the best:)

Stacey

How much is TLC charging now for self pay & does the cost include any fills? I am new to all of this.

Thanks!

Merideth

I getting ready to have my first fill and boy do I need it. Can someone explain to me how TLC does their fills? I just want to know what to expect.

My fee from TLC was $11,990 which included my ekg, labs, surgeon related fees, surgery facility and 6 months of aftercare and fills.

According to the IRS website, this surgery is tax deductible if done for the treatment of a disease, which in our case would be obesity.

My fee from TLC was $11,990 which included my ekg, labs, surgeon related fees, surgery facility and 6 months of aftercare and fills.

According to the IRS website, this surgery is tax deductible if done for the treatment of a disease, which in our case would be obesity.

that is great to know....thank you!! I had no idea...and will absolutely keep all my paperwork and letters from my doc (that I used to submit to insurance before being denied). If we could possibly get som of the money back...that would be a HUGE blessing:) I love my band and think it's the best money I've ever spent!!! so either way...it's a win/win:)

I getting ready to have my first fill and boy do I need it. Can someone explain to me how TLC does their fills? I just want to know what to expect.

sure thing....

call TLC and schedule your appt with George. He rotates to different offices, so figure out which office you'd like to get your fills done at and make an appt there. I do not reccommend the Hurst office... read back in this link for comments about that office, if that is the one you were considering. I prefer to go back to TLC in Plano for my fills. George is GREAT and will walk you through it step by step....he's super! The fill itself doesn't hurt....they will put "cold spray" on your belly first before using the needle to find your port. After yor fill....stick to your liquid diet for 24-48 hrs...and you will do fine. Don't get frustrated if you do not have much restriction though....it takes time and several fills to find that sweet spot. I've had 3 fills so far and seem to be just about there.....might get a tiny fill this month.

best of luck and keep posting...we'll help you along the way.

I had surgery in May. It was $9,990. I was honest with them and told them I was planning on going to Mexico if I couldn't get it for under $10,000 here. I don't know if they were running a promotion at that time or just gave me the $9,990 price, but it can be done.