Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yippie, Will finally be able to get banded. I am scheduled for pre-op on the 25th with surgery scheduled for the 30th. Has anyone ever heard of Dr. Victor Gonzalez? That is who my appointment is scheduled with.

Hi...

I'm new to the site and I'm just beginning this Quest to be banded...as you can see from my signature below. I've read a lot of positive posts on this site and that makes me want to speed this process along...but I've also read some things that make me worry.

I've been to the seminar at the Prestonwood site and was encouraged by Cynthia and Liz's presentation. Any words of advice as I start this journey...I'll take all I can get.

Thanks,

Sharon :thumbs_up:

Welcome! I went to a seminar at Dr. Kim's office and then got denied by my insurance company....so ended up finding TLC Edge about 2 months later..... had to self-pay BUT still got to use the surgeon I had orginally chosen:) I have only wonderful things to say about Dr. Kim, TLC Edge, Prestonwood....and most importantly....the band!! I'm almost halfway to my goal and it's been just under 5 months. It was my very first surgery....so I was scared beyond words. My surgery went GREAT....recovery went well....and I'm pleased with my results so far. YES...it is hard to make the life changes to eating right and exercising. The band is a tool....not a quick fix. It is very hard to follow the rules and make the right choices....but I made that decision and have tried hard to stick to it. Now...I'm NOT saying I have been eating perfect each and every day....I have NOT. I've cheated and had ice cream a few times, had a margarita or few....on my vacation to Captiva Island....but the majority of the time, I really try hard to eat healthy and follow the rules of living with the band. I have not had any soda since New Years...and that was my one super addictive vice I needed to give up....and I have not had one sip. I'm proud of that!! It just depends on how truly readay you are to make some changes.....it's all worth it!! I promise!!! good luck and welcome!!!

~Stacey

I'll second that.

My story is the same as Stacey's except Cold Beer was my biggest vice and the last one I had was on New Year's Eve. Honestly it is not that big of a deal anymore. No beer ever tasted as good as 60 lbs lighter feels.

Good luck with your decision

db

I'll second that.

My story is the same as Stacey's except Cold Beer was my biggest vice and the last one I had was on New Year's Eve. Honestly it is not that big of a deal anymore. No beer ever tasted as good as 60 lbs lighter feels.

Good luck with your decision

db

CONGRATULATIONS COWBOY!!!

60 lbs gone is FANTASTIC!!!! That is sooooo wonderful!!!

Great to see you on the boards again....keep up the great work with your band!

~Stacey:biggrin2:

Dianne, Pat (ALL TLC Edge patients).....How are things going? Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing and if you need any help or support. I can't belive my surgery was 5 months ago:) It feels SOOOOO good to be banded and to have come this far in 5 short months!! Since my last fill (my 3rd) on May 1st, I have lost 13 lbs.....almost to my 1/2 way total goal!! My NSV has been to play with my kids at our neighborhood pool without feeling so self conscious wearing a bathing suit. Last summer, I think I went to the pool maybe 5 times....I wanted to hide under water! Please send a quick HI and let me know how you are doing:)

~all the best~

Stacey

OK.....where is everyone?

Please just say a quick Hi and let us know how you're doing, if your at a plateau (maybe we can share ideas to help), how many fills have you had.....just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of ya'll.

Stacey

Hi tweenwaters,

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like activity on this thread has haulted. I am anxiously awaiting my band date, June 30th. I can't wait.

Hope everything is going well with you and all the others.

Hi tweenwaters,

I was wondering the same thing. Seems like activity on this thread has haulted. I am anxiously awaiting my band date, June 30th. I can't wait.

Hope everything is going well with you and all the others.

Best wishes to you as you begin your journey with the band. It will be here before you know it. Not sure where the rest of the TLC patients have been lately but this link keeps me going and helps to keep me on track. I'm finally at a really GREAT restriction with my last fill on May 1st.....6.6 cc's in my 10 cc band. The weight loss has been slowing down but that is to be expected......I need to make more of an effort with the exercise:) The past 6 weeks, I lost 13 lbs but went through a little bit of lose then gain, lose then gain again.....BUT the key is to NOT give up. I'm hoping that if any of the TLC group is checking in but not wanting to post how they are doing.....they will know that they can send me a private message if they need encouragement. Anyone struggling out there with weight loss should call and schedule another fill to try to get them back on track......The band takes time to find your sweet spot and it's a slow process. Losing weight too fast will sometmes make for loose skin and I'm worried about that when I reach goal. Going rough 3 pregnancies close together made my stomach area very saggy.....I'd LOVE to look into PS for a Tummy Tuck and breast lift when I'm closer to goal but after being a self-pay for the band.....it's not an option right now....we can't afford PS.

Sorry to ramble.....I will gladly be here to encourage you along the way:) Do you have to follow the 2 week pre-op diet of Optifast? I did.....and lost 14 lbs from that. After surgery, the Optifast shakes were fantastic for me.....I miss them and think I may buy another case. Another good source of Protein (especially after surgery) are the New Whey Prtein Bullets (42 grams). I add one to a 24 oz water bottle, with the Water and one pack of crystal light powder and mix well......GREAT way toet your protein during the liquid phase. You can find the bullets at Vitamin Shoppe.< /p>

Hang in there!!! :redface:

Stacey

Just finished a chocolate Optifast. They are ok. I have quite a few left, so I better like them, LOL!!! I really like the packets from Designer whey. I wish they made more flavor choices bc those are easy to take to work, but they do have more in the canisters.

I need all the help I can get, that is why I check in frequently with LBT. At least, here I know I can get support from others in the same boat.

Look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.

Hidy, Hidy, Everybody

Just checking in, this site really helped me and I hope to return the favor anytime I can. I need to call today to schedule my 3rd fill. I got my 2nd fill the 1st of May and did real well for a month, but now I can, and do, eat more and more. This is still the best money I ever spent. I had been romancing the idea of getting a 100 hp motorcycle but I spent the money on a 10 cc lapband instead.

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July. I will be riding in the Granbury 4th of July Parade (on Saturday, July 5th).

db

Hello gang,

Been a while since I checked in, and it was nice to see we were all missed!! :hurray: I've been pretty down about not losing faster, and even wondered if it was all worth it, but the scales have finally started moving once again, and I feel much better now! It's been a time of adjustment, because after my last fill I couldn't eat much of anything and *still* wasn't losing. I feel like I'm more in control now, and I'm becoming more comfortable recognizing the signs of being full- both physically and mentally! That's been the hardest part, seeing the small portions that I'm only able to eat and realizing that's all I'm *supposed* to eat!

It's still hard not to drink with a meal because I feel so thirsty when I start eating! I've got to work on that.

Stacy, Cowboy- you guys are doing so great that I'm embarrassed by my measly amount of weight loss compared to you. *sigh* I guess slow is good though, as long as it keeps going down, right?

Has anyone heard from Dianne? I wonder how she's doing. Her last posts said her hubby was really not doing well. Dianne, if you're out there, let us know how things are going with you, girl. Ok?

After Cynthia slapped my hands about not attending that meeting I kinda got my feelings hurt and stayed away for a while, thinking I could handle this alone. :blushing: WRONG.. We do need each other for help and support and I'm glad you all are here! Thanks to all of you.

Pat,

Glad to hear you are doing well. Yes you have been missed, as well as all the others. Glad you guys are coming back. Since I haven't been banded yet, it is always nice to hear the experiences and wisdom from all of you experienced banders.

My surgery is Monday and the excitement and nervous feelings are starting to get worse. I am kind of glad to be at work right now, because my stomach is in knots.

Thanks to everyone for all the support I have received here. It is so hard when you don't have the support you need, and I am just not getting it at home.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Good morning, Stephanie!

Some of us (me!) may grumble about the ups and downs of having this surgery, but even with all of that, I still would have done it! It's been a very long time since I felt the *hope* that I've finally found something that would help me get this weight off and KEEP it off. I think that's one of the most important gifts we can give ourselves by making this choice.. that hope that finally we can control this monster that lives inside of us.

I know you're nervous but just keep busy this weekend (stock up on everything you'll need for the first week or so.. go shopping and buy something a size smaller than you are now.. just a little added incentive!) And drop us a note and let us know how it goes after your surgery!

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Don't forget the sunscreen. :thumbs_up: (Stephanie, you *can* put BBQ in a blender.. *LOL*) I'm having a family reunion/bbq/pool party and this year since losing almost 30 lbs, I might even get in the pool! What are the rest of you planning?

Hi Guys,

I was banded yesterday, by Dr Kim at the Prestoonwood surgery center. So far o good except every now and again getting some hiccup attacks and boy do they hurt. Any advice? Well have to walk.. you know gotta keep moving.

thanks,

obsidian