Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One thing i look forward to is actually finding clothing that fits once i have my surgery. I normally wear the same thing everyday, A white tshirt and basketball type shorts everyday. Last couple days been looking for actual clothes for a event tomorrow (Dress pants, collard shirt) and wow its been impossible... Me being 5'4 and 315lb. and havent worn real clothing like that in years. went to several stores and it was impossible to find anything that fit and i have a closet full of nice nearly brand new clothing that i havent been able to wear since 2016. hoping i get this cardiac clearance for surgery next week and can get this show on the road.

Me, too. It seems like clothing designers think fat people want to look like sofas. Hopefully, you will breeze through the stress test and get your surgery date soon. Mine was the 8th. I had to repose the 8 pound gain from the hospital so I have only lost a couple of pounds on top of that. My dietitian said to concentrate on healing right now and not losing. I can’t wait to have something nicer to wear! Tee shirts and baggy jeans have gotten old. I will definitely have to figure out a better style once the weight is gone.

I was so worried before surgery of dropping weight super fast and having to buy so many expensive outfits for work. Well, it hasn’t been that fast. And thrifting at Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Savers has been fun. The trick is to go to the ones in wealthier towns for barely worn quality clothes. Amazon or Walmart the undies and socks of course!

19 minutes ago, learn2cook said:

I was so worried before surgery of dropping weight super fast and having to buy so many expensive outfits for work. Well, it hasn’t been that fast. And thrifting at Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Savers has been fun. The trick is to go to the ones in wealthier towns for barely worn quality clothes. Amazon or Walmart the undies and socks of course!

I enjoy wearing the simple white tshirt and shorts... Its hot here in Florida lmao. But would be nice to buy smaller sizes. they are cheaper.

It is so nice to be able to fit in smaller clothes and even better if they are ones you liked enough to save for years hoping to fit back in. I saved quite a bit and just recently went through the boxes And it was like Xmas but free. 😀

One thing i look forward to is actually finding clothing that fits once i have my surgery. I normally wear the same thing everyday, A white tshirt and basketball type shorts everyday. Last couple days been looking for actual clothes for a event tomorrow (Dress pants, collard shirt) and wow its been impossible... Me being 5'4 and 315lb. and havent worn real clothing like that in years. went to several stores and it was impossible to find anything that fit and i have a closet full of nice nearly brand new clothing that i havent been able to wear since 2016. hoping i get this cardiac clearance for surgery next week and can get this show on the road.

Yes I agree I look forward to wearing smaller size clothes so I don't have to wear plain clothes mostly due to my weight. I happy for your surgery and hopefully it goes well and smoothly

Sent from my Scepter 8 Tablet using BariatricPal mobile app

yeah try the walmart clearance rack, ross, or your local mall. I had clothes from a decade ago that finally fit me. Had my RNY Nov 2021

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

As a stay at home Mom, I’ve been wearing sweat pants and oversized t-shirts ever since I put on the extra weight. Fortunately, I saved ALL of the clothes from my smaller sizes (size 12 to 16). I was always determined to lose the weight, so I stored it all in Rubbermaid containers. Some clothes still have tags on them! I cannot wait to bring those containers out of the basement and wear them again!