Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric sleeve surgery Dec 27th anyone else new to this?

Hello everyone..just had sleeve surgery on Dec 27th..going thru several emotions, worries, questions, things like that. Hoping I’m doing everything right and I guess just looking to chat with others going thru this also.. family is supportive but they don’t really understand certain things I’m going thru.. I’m on day 13 after my surgery and just seem to be having issues trying to get enough Protein and Water in..wondering other peoples routines.. thanks for reading..😁

Hey

I had my sleeve December 22, 2021.

To be honest I did not follow what I was told.

I was told different things by my surgeon, dietitians and my pcp.

I listened to what everyone said and then I had to tweak it to what worked best for me.

I have been planning my surgery for a few years so I did a lot of reading and thinking about my process.

I also don't really talk much to anyone about it. So i dont become mentally drained by all the opinions or questions 😄

I have not been worried or anxious about my journey at all😇

As far as Protein I look at what I was told I need and I balance that out by trying to get in a certain amount every 2-3hrs.

My liquids/water I try and get in 6-10oz every hour.

I also have certain bottles to help.

Example- 28oz water bottle

11oz Protein Drink

4oz cup of jell-o or applesauce

I have had NO ISSUES at all.

I know it may not work for you but I hope it helps You develop your routine.

Hang in there!

I found if I kept the water/drink bottle in my hand or right next to me, it helped. Also, try different temperatures of fluids. Some people like them very cold, others like warm, like tea or broth. I sucked on ice. Also, sometimes plain Water doesn't taste good after surgery, so try flavoring packets if that's an issue.

Also if you find certain flavors of the drink packets to be too sweet you can Mix flavors or dilute them some. It takes two packets to make a gallon and I like fruit punch but it’s too sweet post surgery so I mix this with watermelon which is not as sweet to balance it out.

Hey
I had my sleeve December 22, 2021.
To be honest I did not follow what I was told.
I was told different things by my surgeon, dietitians and my pcp.
I listened to what everyone said and then I had to tweak it to what worked best for me.
I have been planning my surgery for a few years so I did a lot of reading and thinking about my process.
I also don't really talk much to anyone about it. So i dont become mentally drained by all the opinions or questions [emoji1]
I have not been worried or anxious about my journey at all[emoji56]
As far as Protein I look at what I was told I need and I balance that out by trying to get in a certain amount every 2-3hrs.
My liquids/water I try and get in 6-10oz every hour.
I also have certain bottles to help.
Example- 28oz water bottle
11oz Protein Drink
4oz cup of jell-o or applesauce
I have had NO ISSUES at all.
I know it may not work for you but I hope it helps You develop your routine.
Missie, I also had my sleeve surgery on Dec. 22nd. I'm following my doctor's plan for the most part but I've eaten a few things that are further along(only soft things) because I've not had any problems eating anything. I'm getting in my protein pretty easily but getting my Water is hard. Especially when I'm not supposed to drink 30 mins before I eat and not until 30 mins after. When you eat 6 tiny meals a day, that hour of waiting takes a lot of your water drinking time away. Plus, I'm a school teacher and I'm constantly going!
I'm ready to hit that 6 week mark! Almost there!

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sindibee

I'm having an issue getting enough Water also. Fluids have been a struggle.

I checked in with the Dr on the 18th and I've hit the bariatric plateau.

Now I'm going to start things all over to see if I can restart my weight loss.

I'd hate to think I did all of this for nothing.

Especially considering all the meds needed.