Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

Yeah, when Dolly sang my DH heard it from the back room and was like, "who the hell is that? it's ghastly!" HA HA.

Kristi Lee Cook was so immature when she came out with that seat sign. She is such a sore loser and I just thought that was a dumb move on her end. It was a very uncomfortable moment.

I thought it was RIDICULOUS how AI made the final three people sit through the american idol gives back moment and watch those poor little girls in africa and their struggles and then the whole Dolly/jesus song and then have to stand there and get voted off. Another weird moment. Like, after seeing all that how could they be crying over being voted off... especially when there is all this suffering in the world.. "wah, I got voted off one of the most watched shows in america and wah.. I made it to the top 10 and will have a carreer now".. yet the poorest person in america is still richer than 80% of the world.

watching all that just made me realize how spoiled us americans really are...

I think Dolly should have been voted off. LOL, j/k. I really felt bad for her, she was being out sung by the backup singers and I thought she kept losing her breath. I really like her though :lol:

But really....I think David A. needs to go next so my plea to America :

PEOPLE.....STOP VOTING FOR THAT KID PLEASE!

Yeah, Kristi Lee Cook is a big sore loser. The whole seat sign was the dumbest thing ever! She acts like she dosen't even want to be there. I think she'll be gone next week by her antics last night. Does anyone know what songs they are going to sing next week? I can't wait till they can pick their own! :biggrin:

Guest Leslie2Lose

I must admit that Dolly looked better than she has in the past - although she had on a lot of makeup - at least last night she didn't look too clowny (as she has in the past) - she looks pretty good to be 62, plastic surgery and all. As for her singing - no she isn't at the top of her game, but she still sounded like Dolly, that is her style.

I was glad to see Ramiele go - though I wish they would have carted Kristi Lee with her...she looked like she was ready and the girl knows her time is up. That note was absolutely absurd!

Carly, Carly Carly - doesn't the girl know that if you are larger in certain areas (uhhum - legs) DO NOT wear skin tight clothes - that only makes you look bigger. Her pants last night looked awful too. I'd like to see her in a dress for a change. Wardrobe help?!

I think it almost a given that Kristi Lee will be next. At least she dresses cute - maybe she can give Carly some pointers.

Jason Castro - boy I know those dreadlocks are his signature, but he needs to do something with that hair. I keep expecting him to whip out a doobie and light up...dude. He is a cutie and would look so much better with CLEAN hair!!!

You guys are hilarious!!! And sure are spot on as far as I'm concerned!

Except about Dolly. I thought she not only sounded gastly but she looked gastly to me. It was about her teeth. They looked like slip-ons. You know false teeth instead of caps. Surely not!! She can afford the very best. And she may need to go back to covering up her chest. Those massive lumps so high up looked almost painful.

Of course I love her to pieces. I was surprised that she seemed so nervous last night. She's done just about every venue you can imagine, why be so nervous on AI? I think she's one of the brightest performers around though. It really wouldn't hurt her to update her look, do ya think? I mean she doesn't have to look her age (61, I think) but she should bring it out of the 70s.

I'm totally in agreement about the boyz!

And poor Kristie Lee. It was just sad last night.

But really....I think David A. needs to go next so my plea to America :

PEOPLE.....STOP VOTING FOR THAT KID PLEASE!

Are you crazy????

NO NO NO, absolutely not!!! He is a fantastic singer, he's humble, he's adorable, and he's definately got my vote!!! Remember when he sang "Imagine", he was amazing.

Love him ~ Love him ~ Love him....

OK...Everybody, y'all need to give Dolly a break. She is 62 & has been around for more than 40 + years. I love her & I don't even like country music. That idiot Kristy, with her dumbass little sign, has GOT to go!!!!!! If any of you enjoy reading, then you must read Dolly's autobiography. It's one of the funniest things I've ever read, that woman is hilarious. I swear you'll enjoy it.

Personally, I think Kristi Lee Cook needs to go home just because of her piss poor attitude. I'm sick to death of her acting like a victim ever freaking week. I'm so over her.

Personally, I think Kristi Lee Cook needs to go home just because of her piss poor attitude. I'm sick to death of her acting like a victim ever freaking week. I'm so over her.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I adore David A. A LOT, but one thing he does that annoys me is these deep breaths right before he sings a line. It's like ____Inhale____ "imagine all the people".. _____inhale____ "living life in peace".. And, when I hear all his past songs he's done he does it every single one.. these deep loud inhales.. none of the others do it like that. And that's what annoys me about him. BUT, his singing is awesome and he is one of my favorites. David Cook though is still at the top of my list. It's David C., David A., and then a tie between Carly, Jason and John.. I think Brooke is a total sweetheart too.. her singing is good too. Shoot, I guess I just like everybody except that Kristi chick... so unprofessional!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Cool Crystal -

Girl - I agree about the Inhaling. But - at least he quit that LIP LICKING. That used to drive me crazy. I think it was a nervous gesture, but it was so annoying.

Cool Crystal -

Girl - I agree about the Inhaling. But - at least he quit that LIP LICKING. That used to drive me crazy. I think it was a nervous gesture, but it was so annoying.

HA! I thought I was the only one who noticed that and wanted to gouge my eyes out when he did it (the lip licking). Some people I just can't WATCH sing.

David C... DAMN that guy is hard for me to look at. The hair is better, but his slitty little eyes...well he just gives me the willies to watch. Love his groove, though.

I agree with everyone about Kristy's attitude! It sucked!! What a sore loser! I hope she goes next!

You guys probably aren't going to like my opinion about David A, but here it is. I don't like the guy very much. I think he's a good singer, but I just don't care for him. I think it's his personality. It's over the top for me. Too goody goody for me. I still think he's a good singer but I hope he doesn't win. He just gets on my nerves! [ducking for cover now]

:bolt:

HA! I thought I was the only one who noticed that and wanted to gouge my eyes out when he did it (the lip licking). Some people I just can't WATCH sing.

David C... DAMN that guy is hard for me to look at. The hair is better, but his slitty little eyes...well he just gives me the willies to watch. Love his groove, though.

Agree with you on this one, don't like to watch David C....ewk! and David A. gives me the willies..... I don't like to watch him either, I rather listen to both, good voices.... my favorite is Michael Johns..... He is cute hottie and I love his voice! I want him to win....:bolt:

I'm glad that Ram is gone and I agree that Christy needs to go already for Pete's sake...

I love Dolly, and I don't like country either, but she is too funny!

ok, let the best win.... but I don't know if that ever happens....

Edited by ELENATION

I agree with everyone about Kristy's attitude! It sucked!! What a sore loser! I hope she goes next!

You guys probably aren't going to like my opinion about David A, but here it is. I don't like the guy very much. I think he's a good singer, but I just don't care for him. I think it's his personality. It's over the top for me. Too goody goody for me. I still think he's a good singer but I hope he doesn't win. He just gets on my nerves! [ducking for cover now]

:bolt:

Nope - Not me ... I can't stand him. I've read a few blogs that his dad is the "Ultimate Stage" dad, who demands his son get more time practicing w/the band. I've "heard" he's had run-ins w/Simon....NOW that is the TV I want to see.

Still love the boys: Jonathan, David C & Michael......Brooke (so annoying) & Carley will go far - but my guess Not win.

Nope - Not me ... I can't stand him. I've read a few blogs that his dad is the "Ultimate Stage" dad, who demands his son get more time practicing w/the band. I've "heard" he's had run-ins w/Simon....NOW that is the TV I want to see.

I have not heard about all that! That's just crazy! He He He, I would love to see his dad and Simon in a run-in. You're right, that would be some great TV!