Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick And Tired Of Being Fat

I Just Found This Web Site And Am Looking Forward To Getting Information From Others. I Am Sick And Tired Of Being Fat. I Am 39 Years Old And Have Always Been Fat. I Hate Myself, I Am Miserable With Who I Am. I Work 12 Hrs A Day And Make No Time For Exercise. I Dont Enjoy Anything Anymore. I Want To Have The Surgery But People Around Me Tell Me That Is Stupid And All I Have To Do Is Just Start Exercising And Cut Back On Eating. Ya Know I Wish I Had Thought Of That. That Is What Pisses Me Off, People Telling Me Why Im Fat And How To Fix The Problem. Most Of Them Are Not Fat And Will Never Be. I Need Some Advice From Someone Who Feels Like I Do. Thanks.

Sick and tired of being fat? You are almost ready! Hate yourself? Miserable? No enjoyment?

BINGO!!! 'pisses me off'.... angry....now you ARE ready.

Good luck!

I too am tired of being fat! I am using this web site to get as much info as possible to help me make an informed decision. I have emailed a clinic in my area and will be calling to make the app for a concault next. (I have an app with my own Dr on Mon). I will be paying for my own as well. I plan not to tell anyone other than my husband about the band. I don't want to hear all the reasons why I should just diet and exercise...... if it was that easy than why am I still fat! I love this site. This is the first time that I have written anything on it but just from reading the comments of others I fell like I have a world of new friends out there.

Soon to be a bander......

I hear you! I am SO tired of being fat...and I'm only 19. Sometimes I feel pathetic...but I just try to take each day at a time. This site is great for support...so many people know how you feel. It's funny how people seem to know why you're fat and that you just need to get off of your behind. I've run into those people...plenty of times. The important thing to remember is that this is YOUR life and YOUR decision. At the end of the day, you're the only one who can control you...your with yourself 27/7. Surgery won't cure everything but it can sure help things. Best of luck to you! Keep us posted!

I am sick of being fat, too! (How could you not be, when summer comes and at the beach you're the whale???) There are so many things I want to do when I reach goal, that 'NORMAL SIZED' people do every day without thinking about it.

Since being banded I've been rejuvenated! It's not a cure-all, and I can still eat more than I thought I'd be able to. But, the fact that it's HELPED so much keeps me going. I've lost 46 pounds so far, since Sept, and that's keeps me going. Other diet plans were so slow that I'd get discouraged.

This has been THE BEST THING ever! I love it.

Don't listen to people who tell you it's stupid. IMO, it's stupid to continue fighting a losing battle. That's what I did for 20 years, until I was up to 300 pounds. Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Atkins, SB, you name it I was on it.

This is the first time I understand healthy choices and Portion Control, because my body is helping me. Now, with the band, my body says stop! NOW. Before I didn't have that trigger and could eat and eat and eat and eat....and eat dessert after. :eek:

Talk to your doctor, not friends. Sometimes they're not the right source of unbiased answers.

And, good luck!

thanks yall. its nice to hear form people who feel like i do. im so glad for those of you who have been banded. i know yall are so happy in your journey to a new life. i cant wait. thanks.

Wow, we are all too hard on ourselves.... lets get possitive. Voodahbah you are doing great! I know that when the day comes for my band I can do the same. I still worry a bit about throwing up at the dinner table or having food come out my nose and that type of thing. Also I love green salads. I have heard that I may not be able to eat it after.... How are you handling it?

Thanks...I still have a long way to go, but I love the band, really.

I've never thrown up at the table, but I did have to hurry to the restroom once or twice. It's more like a big gag feeling with food coming out. Not really throw up like you're sick with the flu.

salad was difficult the first time I ate it, which may have been too soon. But, now I eat salads with no difficulty. Actually, I was a big salad fan before, and eating it again now is much better. After taking a couple months break, I now no longer need all that dressing. So, now I can just enjoy the salad with a lower calorie dressing, or none at all, if it's a good salad.

Nose...yeah, that was gross. That was shrimp for me. I forgot that I couldn't have it (on my doctor's list of no-nos.) Now I know why, and I stay away from shrimp. :eek:

Bandsters physics: If it doesn't go down, it must come up.

I hate being fat too! And I am ready to change!

Hi everybody. I was where you are. I felt so stupid for not being able to "diet and exercise"like all the ads say we should be able to do. What ignorance about obesity!

With the band, I have to work hard at being healthy and losing weight, but it works! That's a huge difference for me. It used to be impossible. Now I see results for the things I do. It's a new world. PLUS I am no longer diabetic and I no longer test as having osteoporosis. And I can cross my legs. And I can shop in regular stores. And I fit into just part of an airplane seat. Welcome to the journey.

me too me too, I'm sick and tired! I haven't been below 200 pounds in I don't know how many years. I hope I get approved for the lap band!

You have come to the right place. Thin people don't have a clue. I know - I was one years ago before kids and I didn't understand, either. Boy do I ever now!

I have only discussed it with the 2 women at work who have had gastric bypass. They understand exactly where I am at and why I am doing this. I am just starting the journey, but I will not look back. Go to my seminar next Thu and expect to make an appt with a doctor before I leave.

My Mom would probably still be here if she had been able to have this done and she would be very supportive, I know. I am not telling my Dad because his girlfriend is a thin, silly health nut. Nothing wrong with eating healthy, but she is goofy and obsessive about it and I don't want to hear her lectures.

I'm tired of being fat too. I was embarrassed to tell my family at first of my decision, but after I did they all supported me and said it was a great idea.

Even if you dont get support from people around you, losing the weight is a lot of support in itself to know you are doing the right thing.

The lapband is a life tool you can use for years to lose the weight AND KEEP IT OFF! (the keep it off part is important, as i know a lot of us have lost the weight before and it just comes back with friends..)

I am so thankful i came across this forum. After reading all the entries i have made the decision to go for it. i'm so tired of not having a life. My weight is keeping me a prisoner in my own home. My health is deteriorating a rapid pace ie. sleep apnea, hight blood pressure and cholesterol, and many more. i'm sick of taking a dozen pills a day. After reading hundreds of entries of this forum i have become so pumped up to have the band. i see my physician next week to get the ball rolling. i'm am so excited. Wish me luck !