Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any North Dakotans out there?

I tried GasX strips and Beano and a generic gas pill, but they only worked a little. Mostly, the gas pains went away after about a week or so. I was banded on 1/29, back to work on 2/4, and about mid-day that day, I realized I didn't have pain anymore. I bet within another day or two, you'll start feeling better.

I was banded by Dr. Bruderer. He was excellent. I was told the whole surgery took about 15 minutes. His staff is great, too, so pre-op and follow-up visits have been a blast. (And how often can you say things like that?) I found him to be very down to earth and encouraging. My mother expecially appreciated the way he interacted with her on surgery day. Everyone at MCO was very helpful (except one overnight nurse who put my IV in at the end of her shift--she was a bit frusterating---my suggestion, drink a TON of Water the night before, and if they still have a hard time finding a vein, ask for a shot for pain before they put in your IV.)

The dietician visit is done classroom style, and is pretty basic. Dr. B told me to step ahead on the post-op diet as I felt ready. So don't be surprised if you're on mushies sooner, and back to regular food within a couple weeks.

I haven't been on here for a while so I hope everyone is doing well! When I had my gas pains I just tried to move around a lot. It sure helps! Even when I didn't feel like it I made myself walk up and down my hallway! I can hardly wait until all this cold weather is gone so that I can get outside and walk! How is the weather everywhere else in the state?

Trish

Hello all! Banded in 12/2007 by Dr McColl in Grand Forks with PA Shelley Wright assisting. Shelley performs my adjustments and I'm really happy with the staff at Altru.

Welcome to LBT wired!!! How is it going? I am actually going this afternoon to see Shellie for a fill!!! Hope it is the one that will do the trick!:thumbup:

I'm in a stalled phase. My feet are so bad that it's hard to even walk sometimes, which has made it really hard to exercise--but I'm trying! My backsliding pre-band would have had be back to be NEW Start begining weight and I've only gained 3 pounds instead of 30.

When did you have your classes? I did the last of the Saturday groups of 2007.

I think New start was wednesday and Behavior change was thursday the last part of last year, but I can't be sure. I am doing ok. I look at some of the weight loss on here and it is hard for me to believe. Some people that lose 150 pounds in 6 months....good for them, but I think that they are giving it to me....lol. It has been slow and I have been stalled for a while, but it is starting to slowly creep back down. I think I am having some trouble with my B12 so that could be a lot of it. I go to see the doctor on the 18th so hopefully we can get it straightened out!!!! Good luck!

Trish

i'm at 5cc in a 10 or an 11 cc band..and I have no restriction. Going in for a fill soon. I know I haven't been eating the best foods so that's not the best for weight loss but I really am just eating too much. I can eat bread, salad, rice, as much as I want...I'm wondering if Dr. Bruderer is going to be agressive with my fills...oh and has anyone gotten a numbing shot before a fill from him? Because it was HORRIBLE my first time. And I have a high pain tolerance.

Hello everyone ! I'm from Grand Forks ... Getting Banded on 10/14. I love Dr. McColl and shellie - they're great. I had originally planned on Roux-N-Y a few years ago, then lost my Ins. Then i decided to have the Gastric Sleeve done, as Dr. McColl is now certified toperform it. he's been going to Boston to train. There's only approx a dozen Doc's in the US that are performing it. However, i found out - I"M NOT FAT ENOUGH ! are they kidding me? I'm 13 pounds too light ! Oh well, The band was my next choice. i got approved in July, finished my classes, and now i'm ready to change my life :-)

How is everyone else doing ? :smile2:

Hello! I'm from Fargo and am going to Altru in Grand Forks because of my insurance. I have 4 appointments there tomorrow, and I meet with Dr. McColl next week. If anybody else is getting ready to go through surgery in the near future, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks!:)

After having to reschedule my consultation appointments because of our lovely blizzard a couple weeks ago, I finally had all four of them yesterday and passed! I was very happy that each person told me at the end of each appointment that I was good to go. I'm not a very good wait-er :thumbup:). I was given the go-ahead to start my 3-month pre-op diet for insurance purposes, and I meet with my surgeon Dr. MacColl this coming Thursday (as long as there isn't another blizzard!). I am so impressed with everyone at Altru--everyone has been SO helpful and caring. It's definately worth the drive!:thumbup: