Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

36 minutes ago, Bluebonnetgirl said:

My doc is the same. I can have one very low calorie low Protein Shake a day, and only Clear Liquids. I am on day 9 and it is a struggle some days but I have lost 15lbs and my surgery is Thurs. Then one week of clear liquids and a Protein Water and one week of Clear Liquids and Proteins shake. Can't wait to eat again!

I agree! The pre op diet is so incredibly important! You need to shrink that liver to avoid the surgeon:

1. Cancelling your surgery

2. Going ahead but at more risk of liver damage

I’ve never stuck to diets (that’s why we are all here right?) but the pre op diet to me was a life or death situation. Well that’s at least how I sold it to myself. My dietician supplied me a list of foods I can eat, and not to stray from that list. I did read stuff online but I took her advice as bible since my surgeon chose her to be in his team.
I will be honest and say I did eat Lamb twice (not on the list) but they were 1 mouthful and the lean part with no fat. I just seen it as Protein.
I never once strayed from the path, not one bite here or one sneaky bite there. Even after a huge buffet at work arrived I stuck to plain salad and fruit! (That’s not like me normally!)

im 12 lbs down, over a 10 day pre op and today is my surgery day!!!

ive also now shown mental strength which I will need post op for my 4 weeks liquid diet.

good luck everyone but please please follow the rules. It’s there for a reason!

em ❤️

Hi, I'm new here. My surgery is July 22.
Things have gone pretty quickly. I saw the Dr. in April, did the colonoscopy and EGD in June and my surgery is on July 22. I have seen the Dr. a total of 3 times. There was no "approval" process since my insurance will not cover the surgery.
I was supposed to start the Liver Reducing diet Friday - but failed. I tried again today -- failed. I'm afraid I'm going to ruin everything.
I went online to look for a place where I could talk to others in similar situations. The last time I was involved in a forum was 2008 after reading "The Shack." lol
I failed miserably my first 2 days. I have done better since then. My surgery is July 22nd also! I am supposed to be low carb (80-100 carbs) for 2 weeks and liquid diet for 2 days before surgery. I get more nervous everyday [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

12 hours ago, WorldCruiser said:

They brought me a liquid diet trey with goodies (pic)

MH SL.jpg

That looks so yummy right now! Lol. Glad it went well.

Today is the day for me (hopefully). I am excited and ready to get this thing over with. I go in at 9:45am EST. I actually slept a little last night which I didn't expect.

I made a mistake...I waited until yesterday to get several things done for today. That meant I was running around town doing errands and preparing on a totally empty stomach. I have done one or two day fasts before, but it hit me a lot harder this time due to the fact that I have been eating so few calories for the past two weeks. I was really worn out. I had to take a lot of time to rest, and I was pretty grumpy to my poor daughter who was stuck with me. I would recommend doing any of your work like cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping before the clear liquid day occurs.

Well, I'm off to the hospital now! Good luck to anybody else going in today.

Well, it took the response kind of hard. I barely slept last night thinking I shouldn't have the surgery because it is too hard to do this liquid thing.

I woke up this morning and had lost 4 pounds.

It's early, but today and days moving forward, I will stick exactly to the plan my surgeon laid out.

You’ve got this!! It can be hard but will be so worth it! Congrats on the 4 lbs. This is only the beginning of your new life. You will be so happy you persevered! We’re all in this together. I’m sorry you took things hard but I sure am glad you’re back on track to a healthier lifestyle

Soonlee_W,

You can do this! You are so close to your surgery, this post op diet is tough, but temporary. Glad you are ready to follow the doctor's plan to prepare for your new VSG lifestyle. I'm here doing pre op with you! I don’t love it. I'm tired of my chocolate shakes & my beef broth was nasty, but I know it will be worth it!

Today, I bought some vanilla & strawberry shakes to mix it up a little, and I will stick to chicken & veggie broth.

Are you allowed the s.f. popsicles & s.f. Jello? I added some Protein (genepro) to the raspberry jello last night, it was something to look forward to at the end of the day. (And I am not a jello fan)

Congratulations on the 4 pounds, and it is great to see you get back on track!

5 hours ago, Maribelle76 said:

Good luck, Maribelle76! Keep is updated!🤗

7 hours ago, Maribelle76 said:

That looks so yummy right now! Lol. Glad it went well.

Today is the day for me (hopefully). I am excited and ready to get this thing over with. I go in at 9:45am EST. I actually slept a little last night which I didn't expect.

I made a mistake...I waited until yesterday to get several things done for today. That meant I was running around town doing errands and preparing on a totally empty stomach. I have done one or two day fasts before, but it hit me a lot harder this time due to the fact that I have been eating so few calories for the past two weeks. I was really worn out. I had to take a lot of time to rest, and I was pretty grumpy to my poor daughter who was stuck with me. I would recommend doing any of your work like cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping before the clear liquid day occurs.

Good luck to you, Maribelle76! Wishing you a speedy and successful recovery!

2 minutes ago, ymelgard said:

I'm now down 22 lbs

Wow, that's awesome! So happy for you!😄 How do you feel? Did you start purees yet? What have you typically been eating/drinking?

4 minutes ago, Mama Des said:

Hi I’m waiting for my surgery right now. Today 7/14/21. I’m scared and nervous and excited

Good luck! Wishing you a safe, successful & effective surgery! Keep us posted! 🥳🍀