Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 minutes ago, sal-wa said:

Good luck , I bet ur as nervous as ever (because I know I am ) 🤣

Super nervous... Hugs and good luck to you!!!

12 minutes ago, Sue2 said:

You’ve got this! Good luck to everyone with an upcoming surgery. I thought the pain would be way worse than what I’ve experienced. Had mine a week ago today

Thank you! Happy to hear you are recovering nicely and the pain is not so bad.

On 07/09/2021 at 02:11, WorldCruiser said:

Super nervous... Hugs and good luck to you!!!

Hope everything goes well for u

23 minutes ago, sal-wa said:

Hope everything goes well for u

Thank you!! Wishing you the same! :824_white_flower:

47 minutes ago, WorldCruiser said:

Mine is TOMORROW.... I'm a mess X 100! 🤔

Good luck! Wishing you a safe & successful surgery! 🥳🍀

21 minutes ago, Candace76 said:

Good luck! Wishing you a safe & successful surgery! 🥳🍀

Thank you so much! 🤗

On 7/7/2021 at 4:48 PM, Candace76 said:

To those that have gone all ready, what was helpful to bring from while in the hospital? Is there anything that is typically suggested that you didn't need? What has been helpful those first few days? (Tools, foods, products, activities, etc.)

*Headphones* for sure!! I also got an *eyemask* off Amazon that was sort of moulded so didn't touch my eyelashes like the regular fabric ones? Imagine a little face bra 🤣 it was fab for getting rest in the day. *Meditation app* really helped when I was nervous waiting to be taken down and when I woke in the night (I like Insight Timer, and listen to lots of Glenda Cedarleaf relaxation.. find someone's voice that works for you!) Also really glad I took my own *small pillow/cushion* from home in a super soft pillow case - nice to have an extra one, and was such a comfort to hold against my front on the car ride home. *Lip balm* helped a lot, and I was glad of a *second nightshirt* to feel a bit "fresher" the second day in hospital.

Once home, I liked my *wedge cushion* for sitting up watching TV and dozing, and couldn't have survived those first couple weeks without a *blender* and a *pill cutter*. If you've got cash to splash, get yourself some nice *little bowls* and a *water bottle* that you enjoy drinking from! You'll be doing a lot of that.. depending what your hospital recommend, you might also want to have a look at *clear Protein drinks* too.

I made a box like a little christmas hamper with some of the first foods I could have, nail polish, nice hand cream, which sat on the kitchen side ready for me to come home so I didn't have to look for them!

Good luck all of you July crowd!! I had an RNY on June 15th and am doing great. It can be nervewracking but this community is great for answering questions and offering support.

Edited by Shrink&Grow

On 07/09/2021 at 06:22, Nissi151 said:

Congratulations to all who had their surgery and for all the upcoming..Mines is getting close July 19th Although I am not nervous my fear is ones I had it I don't want to fail..I'M on liquid for 4 days now Lost like 11lbs but goodNess I want to eat grrrrrr

That’s the same as me , i really hope I’ll be able to do this , i really don’t want to fail this , like I have with everything else

Soooo…I’ve been sleeved! Overall, everything went well. I was in some pain in my abdomen when I woke up from surgery…and nauseated, too. Both of those sensations lasted for a few hours, but eventually went away (for the most part). I haven’t had much difficulty getting my fluids in. I believe I’ve consumed a total of 47 oz. since the surgery this morning. I’m just so relieved to have the surgery behind me!

Thanks Jenfs5 & Candace76 for sharing food ideas! Jenfs5–how did your surgery go? ❤️

17 minutes ago, MoreThanWords said:

Soooo…I’ve been sleeved! Overall, everything went well. I was in some pain in my abdomen when I woke up from surgery…and nauseated, too. Both of those sensations lasted for a few hours, but eventually went away (for the most part). I haven’t had much difficulty getting my fluids in. I believe I’ve consumed a total of 47 oz. since the surgery this morning. I’m just so relieved to have the surgery behind me!

Thanks Jenfs5 & Candace76 for sharing food ideas! Jenfs5–how did your surgery go? ❤️

Congratulations! 🥳
Glad it went so well. You sound really positive!
How did you find the ‘air’ that they pump into you? I’ve heard it’s the worst part when you wake? How quickly did they make you stand and walk.

sorry, 4 days until my sleeve and I have so many random questions!!

On 07/09/2021 at 01:10, eholmes89 said:

Congratulations! 🥳

Glad it went so well. You sound really positive!

How did you find the ‘air’ that they pump into you? I’ve heard it’s the worst part when you wake? How quickly did they make you stand and walk.

sorry, 4 days until my sleeve and I have so many random questions!!

I actually didn’t find the air to be much of a problem. I couldn’t even detect any for the first couple of hours, and then I started feeling some up in my left shoulder. The feeling soon subsided, though.

And they had me up and walking just a few minutes after getting to the recovery room. They don’t waste any time!

Good luck with your surgery! 💜

3 hours ago, MoreThanWords said:

Soooo…I’ve been sleeved!

Congrats, MoreThanWords! So glad things are going well & you are able to tolerate fluids. We look forward to more updates as you progress!🤗