Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh in?

I made the choice to weigh in once a week on Saturdays. I get to see a bigger jump (hopefully) than I would daily. Weighing daily drove me crazy in previous weight loss programs. I was always questioning myself.
how often do you weigh in?

I weigh in on Tuesday, once a week although this whole month I have been stuck at 233 :(

I had the sleeve Dec 23rd of last year SW was 281 and I am know at 233 for. the. whole. month. lol

Every morning. Have been for many years.

Once a month. I'm trying not to focus on the weight. I measure myself once a week.

A couple of times a week, now that I am in maintenance. I just want to be sure I am staying within my acceptable range.

I was weighing & recording every day but since I stabilised I don’t mind if I skip the odd day & I only record highs or lows now. I do this to keep myself accountable. In the past pre surgery, if I thought I had put on weight I wouldn’t weigh myself. If I didn’t see the number on the scale I could convince myself I hadn’t put on weight.

Once a day, once a week, once a month, you have to do what works for you.

I think it depends on your personality. I find it helpful to weigh everyday because seeing and understanding that it's completely normal for your body to fluctuate within a 3-4lb range doesn't really stress me out. Like I know that maybe I just ate more salt than normal or haven't pooped yet or whatever and I'm not immediately stressed that it's 2lbs of fat I packed on somehow. But for a lot of people those normal fluctuations are stressful so it's better to weigh less often so you can see more cumulative results. Just do whatever doesn't drive you crazy or add stress.

Currently once a week, every Weds.

20 hours ago, bufbills said:

Every morning. Have been for many years.

me too..... i have weighed myself nearly every day since banded in 2009.

Same thing everyday i'm home..... get out of bed, pee, step on the scale.

I weigh in every morning. I don't get upset if it's up a bit. I look at trends not outliers. If I see it up a few days or more, I think about what behaviors I need to think about changing. If it's down for a few days, I think about what's working for me. If I only weigh in once a week, a drop or a gain might just be a fluke and then you're already set in whatever behaviors could be problematic. Also, I travel a lot and so I try to weigh every day that I'm home or at my parents' house (our scales are within 0.1lbs of the same). I don't worry about the first weight when I get home from traveling because airplanes can cause different fluctuations. I am trying to eat well on the road, but it's early days.

At the end of every month. I was slipping into a depression because I hit a stall but was still eating only 800 calories. This works best for me. I just listen to my body And how it feels.

I weigh every day but it’s fluctuates and I have to just watch for downward trend and ignore when it goes up a pound for a day or two. It used to bother me but now I realize that when it goes up a pound it usually goes down two a day or two later which balances out.