Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

Hello everyone!
I’m scheduled for a gastric bypass on 4/26 so a week from tomorrow! I’m excited but also very nervous to the point that I’m second guessing if I selected the right choice. Has this happened to anyone? I want to point out that I didn’t get this anxious/nervous until a few days ago as the date gets closer.

I’ve been doing my pre-op diet since last Monday, which is basically low carb-low fat.
I enjoy the premier Proteins and that is the only Protein Shakes that I’ve used so far, but I hear it might be a good idea to stock on unflavored and clear Protein as well.

Any word of advice?

5 minutes ago, Alejandra G said:

Hello everyone!
I’m scheduled for a gastric bypass on 4/26 so a week from tomorrow! I’m excited but also very nervous to the point that I’m second guessing if I selected the right choice. Has this happened to anyone? I want to point out that I didn’t get this anxious/nervous until a few days ago as the date gets closer.

I’ve been doing my pre-op diet since last Monday, which is basically low carb-low fat.
I enjoy the premier Proteins and that is the only Protein Shakes that I’ve used so far, but I hear it might be a good idea to stock on unflavored and clear Protein as well.

Any word of advice?

Congratulations! My surgery is tomorrow morning and I have had moments of nervousness. I think what you are feeling is normal! And most of the people here who have already had the surgery and are several months/years out all seem to say the same thing...They wish they had done it sooner! Good Luck!

And from what others are saying your tastes may change after surgery, so don't stock up on too much of the same shakes. 😉

Edited by Luna Girl

Just now, Luna Girl said:

Congratulations! My surgery is tomorrow morning and I have had moments of nervousness. I think what you are feeling is normal! And most of the people here who have already had the surgery and are several months/years out all seem to say the same thing...They wish they had done it sooner! Good Luck!

Congrats and good luck!
That is good to hear! I guess is just my sugar/carb addiction trying to trick me but deep down I know I need this and it will save me!!
Hope everything will go as planned tomorrow, sending positive vibes! :)

Less than 24hrs and I'll be in recovery! Crossing my fingers everything goes as planned. 🤞

12 minutes ago, Luna Girl said:

Less than 24hrs and I'll be in recovery! Crossing my fingers everything goes as planned. 🤞

Good luck!! 👍

3 hours ago, Alejandra G said:

Hello everyone!

Any word of advice?

I got super nervous a week before my surgery. I had the sleeve done on 4/12

I think it’s probably normal

4 hours ago, Alejandra G said:

Hello everyone!

Any word of advice?

I have no regrets for mine that I had 4/8!! You got this!! I was nervous the week of surgery but so far it’s definitely worth it. 20 pounds down just from surgery. ❤️

5 hours ago, Cherylanne22 said:

I am 3 days home from surgery, I can't drink anything cold yet, has anyone else dealed with this and when will this change, I miss cold water!

While in the hospital, ice chips and cold Water made me vomit. Once I figured out that was the culprit, I stopped drinking cold water. Being nauseous and vomiting is no fun. Surgery was April 6. I'm very willing to not drink cold water for a while. I'm 1.5 weeks out and haven't had cold anything since figuring out it was the reason why I spent my entire first day and the morning of the second in such an unpleasant state.

5 hours ago, Cherylanne22 said:

I am 3 days home from surgery, I can't drink anything cold yet, has anyone else dealed with this and when will this change, I miss cold water!

I heard people had difficulty with this so I avoided anything super cold in the hospital. I just had my surgery Friday. I let anything super cold sit in my mouth. Today (Sunday) I am drinking ice Water and was able to have a sugar free popsicle. I think everyone is different unfortunately. I was scared to try cold things but was dying for something cold so I just tried it and was lucky. I’ve always been able to drink with absolutely no issues since my surgery on Friday. Hope this turns around for you and it’s only temporary!

1 hour ago, Tommyjohnson@13 said:

I got super nervous a week before my surgery. I had the sleeve done on 4/12

I think it’s probably normal

That makes me feel better!
How are you feeling?

1 hour ago, Catmom30 said:

I have no regrets for mine that I had 4/8!! You got this!! I was nervous the week of surgery but so far it’s definitely worth it. 20 pounds down just from surgery. ❤️

Glad to hear!! Did you also get the bypass?

50 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

While in the hospital, ice chips and cold Water made me vomit. Once I figured out that was the culprit, I stopped drinking cold Water. Being nauseous and vomiting is no fun. Surgery was April 6. I'm very willing to not drink cold water for a while. I'm 1.5 weeks out and haven't had cold anything since figuring out it was the reason why I spent my entire first day and the morning of the second in such an unpleasant state.

That's exactly what happened with me, now I'm afraid to try any I pretty much just got most of the gas out. Also, did you have any issue with a BM? 4 days out I haven't gone yet?