Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

On 4/11/2021 at 7:58 PM, TerryS502 said:

I had mine 4/5/2021; so I’m 7 days post op. My hardest part so far has or should I say was anxiety and restless leg minute one of waking up and about 4 days after. To the point that the minute they put me in a room I was walking the halls, when I got home every hour on the hour walking the floors at home. Did anyone else have this post op?

Also, I feel like I’m never hungry. I get in my Protein Shakes but it takes a long time - I also can’t consume any cold liquids it has to be room temp or warm if cold I get cramps. Anyone else?

Same here. No cold at all. Each morning, I put items on my kitchen counter that I will need for the day. So, it just sits there and gets room temperature. I'm on Stage 2 now which includes yogurt. I leave yogurt out for a little while also. It's still safe, but I cant eat it cold. In the hospital, I vomited each time I ate ice chips or drano cold Water. Lesson learned. Cost me an extra day in the hospital due to the nausea and vomiting.

Hello all, sorry for being MIA. Had the sleeve April 6. Did not really feel up to being on the site the first week. Stayed one extra day in the hospital due to nausea and pain that I realized later in the first day was due to cold stuff. I mentioned that to the nurses initially that I wasnt sure a out sucking on the ice chips. It's ok.

At home, I had some gas pains. Walked and felt better. I feel better when walking versus sitting.

Had one night that I wasnt sleepy at home. But, other than that, sleep is ok. First week, woke up a few times during middle if night due to tummy feeling uncomfortable. Did some walking in the house and repositioned.

Had one week of Clear Liquids. No problem. Got in the Water and shakes starting 2nd day at home. But, when I started full liquids two days ago, seems harder to get everything in. Mainly just due to me having other stuff to do like follow up doc appts and so forth. I find that I need to stay on schedule because I cant catch up if I do t get it in earlier during the day.

I think I feel some hunger, but again that's when i haven't gotten in enough earlier. But, i think my stomach also has so.e gas if empty so i feel that and hear some gurgling.

Yes, had gas pains for a few days. Walked to help. They were like traveling pains on my side and in my back.

Only had one BM so far. On day 8 post surgery, I started to feel some pressure like I needed to have a BM. Ate some chewable Selokot that night. BM the next morning. That was yesterday. No BM today. Surgeon had said it might be a few days post surgery so i wasnt freaked out about it. But, when i went i for my first post-OP appt on the morning of Day 8, the NP was like yes, take something. 4 days is understandable. But, not 8 days.

I will say that the afternoon if day 7, exactly one week postOP, it's like I turned a curb. I felt an increase in energy and could move easier. The next morning, morning of post op appt, I used that energy to do a little stuff at home. Well, within an hour, I was dragging. When my brother arrived ti drive me to the doc appt, I was having a hard time walking..lesson learned- just because I feel a little boost of energy does not mean that recovery is done. "Sit your butt down" is the advice that I was given. Hahahaha.

Overall, doing ok. Just need to stay on track so I can get everything in.

Oh, I was supposed to start my Multivitamins Wed, but they arrive Monday. Bummer. I ordered everything in advance, but this one thing was later.

On full liquids for two weeks. Seems not as easy as week 1 full liquids. Not sure why.

49 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Hello all, sorry for being MIA. Had the sleeve April 6. Did not really feel up to being on the site the first week. Stayed one extra day in the hospital due to nausea and pain that I realized later in the first day was due to cold stuff. I mentioned that to the nurses initially that I wasnt sure a out sucking on the ice chips. It's ok.

At home, I had some gas pains. Walked and felt better. I feel better when walking versus sitting.

Had one night that I wasnt sleepy at home. But, other than that, sleep is ok. First week, woke up a few times during middle if night due to tummy feeling uncomfortable. Did some walking in the house and repositioned.

Had one week of Clear Liquids. No problem. Got in the Water and shakes starting 2nd day at home. But, when I started full liquids two days ago, seems harder to get everything in. Mainly just due to me having other stuff to do like follow up doc appts and so forth. I find that I need to stay on schedule because I cant catch up if I do t get it in earlier during the day.

I think I feel some hunger, but again that's when i haven't gotten in enough earlier. But, i think my stomach also has so.e gas if empty so i feel that and hear some gurgling.

Yes, had gas pains for a few days. Walked to help. They were like traveling pains on my side and in my back.

Only had one BM so far. On day 8 post surgery, I started to feel some pressure like I needed to have a BM. Ate some chewable Selokot that night. BM the next morning. That was yesterday. No BM today. Surgeon had said it might be a few days post surgery so i wasnt freaked out about it. But, when i went i for my first post-OP appt on the morning of Day 8, the NP was like yes, take something. 4 days is understandable. But, not 8 days.

I will say that the afternoon if day 7, exactly one week postOP, it's like I turned a curb. I felt an increase in energy and could move easier. The next morning, morning of post op appt, I used that energy to do a little stuff at home. Well, within an hour, I was dragging. When my brother arrived ti drive me to the doc appt, I was having a hard time walking..lesson learned- just because I feel a little boost of energy does not mean that recovery is done. "Sit your butt down" is the advice that I was given. Hahahaha.

Overall, doing ok. Just need to stay on track so I can get everything in.

Oh, I was supposed to start my Multivitamins Wed, but they arrive Monday. Bummer. I ordered everything in advance, but this one thing was later.

On full liquids for two weeks. Seems not as easy as week 1 full liquids. Not sure why.

Glad to see you back! And that you are on the road to recovery!!

Surgery went ok and I’ve been in my room for about 5 hours. Have been able to drink about 12 oz since then. Gas pains as I knew and expected have been the worst. I have a drain in. Not looking forward to that coming out as I’ve had them before. Overall feeling good. Surgery was delayed for hours this morning due to an emergency surgery so I was so excited to get out of this bed and moving. Hoping to leave tomorrow for home.

@Blueslily we are surgery twins!

My surgery went well, I stayed one night in the hospital. They discharged me the next afternoon once I could drink a fair amount of liquid.

From day 3-7, I was so hungry. I am easily able to drink liquids now, 64+ oz not including any other liquids. But it’s weird - now I just don’t really feel hungry. Even on my period now which used to make me ravenous and I’m not hungry.

The restriction feeling is interesting. I’m on purées. It’s like tightness in my chest + stomach cramping. I get it after a few bites, but it goes away quickly. I take that as a warning to slow down. If I get it slightly prolonged, then I take that as a cue to stop.

Are you supposed to stop as soon as you feel that?

Hi good to know my surgery went well but I’m hungry. I did two weeks of liquids before surgery now two more weeks I’m hungry. But I’m having dumping not sure why. Nice to meet you

Hey all. I had surgery on the 13th. I’m doing better but I won’t lie I struggled with recovery. I wasn’t holding down fluids and every little sip of Water caused me to throw up. I came home yesterday and I’m still in pain but I’m managing more. Just waiting on my Vitamin delivery and taking it one day at a time.

44 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

@Blueslily we are surgery twins!

My surgery went well, I stayed one night in the hospital. They discharged me the next afternoon once I could drink a fair amount of liquid.

From day 3-7, I was so hungry. I am easily able to drink liquids now, 64+ oz not including any other liquids. But it’s weird - now I just don’t really feel hungry. Even on my period now which used to make me ravenous and I’m not hungry.

The restriction feeling is interesting. I’m on purées. It’s like tightness in my chest + stomach cramping. I get it after a few bites, but it goes away quickly. I take that as a warning to slow down. If I get it slightly prolonged, then I take that as a cue to stop.

Are you supposed to stop as soon as you feel that?

When you say 64oz of liquid, do you mean 64 oz of Water PLUS ounces of additional liquids like Protein Drinks, broth, etc. On top of the 64 oz of water?

During my first week, my 64 oz included all liquids total. So, it was not 64 oz of water plus broth, shakes, etc.

Just asking for clarification.

Also, I on full liquids now. Not purree yet. I was told to stop when I receive any initial sign of restriction.

2 minutes ago, Asurgerydollbella said:

Hey all. I had surgery on the 13th. I’m doing better but I won’t lie I struggled with recovery. I wasn’t holding down fluids and every little sip of Water caused me to throw up. I came home yesterday and I’m still in pain but I’m managing more. Just waiting on my Vitamin delivery and taking it one day at a time.

I had the Water issue initially in the hospital. When I switched to room temperature water, it stopped. Maybe try a different temperature for your water.

38 minutes ago, Bree68 said:

Hi good to know my surgery went well but I’m hungry. I did two weeks of liquids before surgery now two more weeks I’m hungry. But I’m having dumping not sure why. Nice to meet you

What kind of dumping do you have?

On 04/16/2021 at 20:05, Blueslily said:

I had the Water issue initially in the hospital. When I switched to room temperature Water, it stopped. Maybe try a different temperature for your water.

It wasn’t the temperature of the water. I was throwing up residual blood from surgery. Now that there’s no more I can take down water completely fine as I’m home now.

I had my gastric bypass 4/8. I did it at a 30 birthday gift to myself. I want to start off my 30s feeling my age. So far doing well! I had one hiccup where I ended up back in the hospital because I was defecating blood but since then things have been going super well! I rarely feel hungry and am just eating because I know I have 2. Started puréed food today. Any ideas of good puréed foods?

Edited by Catmom30

13 minutes ago, Asurgerydollbella said:

It wasn’t the temperature of the Water. I was throwing up residual blood from surgery. Now that there’s no more I can take down water completely fine as I’m home now.

Oh wow. Glad that you are better now.