Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

1 hour ago, Cherylanne22 said:

This maybe to much info, but today is day 11 post OP and I was finally able to have a decent BM. I was so excited I woke my husband up. Lol

Lol! It was 8 days for me! I didn’t have to tell anyone, they could all tell! 😂

Hello all,

This week is the 3 week mark for several of us who had surgeries the first week of April. How are the 3 week folks doing?

Today is my 3 week mark. I'm returning to work today, but just working a half day to see how I feel and how my energy level is at work. So, a test run. I started soft foods a day early just so I would not be having day 1 of it at work with possible vomiting or diarrhea, that would not be fun. I tried a half scrambled egg with a little milk and little reduced fat cheese to make it softer. No issue. I also tried 1.5 ounces of chicken salad. No issue with either. I only put a tiny bit on the tip of my spoon. Maybe the amount you give a baby or less and chewed and chewed.

So, how are the 3 week folks doing?

54 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Hello all,

This week is the 3 week mark for several of us who had surgeries the first week of April. How are the 3 week folks doing?

Today is my 3 week mark. I'm returning to work today, but just working a half day to see how I feel and how my energy level is at work. So, a test run. I started soft foods a day early just so I would not be having day 1 of it at work with possible vomiting or diarrhea, that would not be fun. I tried a half scrambled egg with a little milk and little reduced fat cheese to make it softer. No issue. I also tried 1.5 ounces of chicken salad. No issue with either. I only put a tiny bit on the tip of my spoon. Maybe the amount you give a baby or less and chewed and chewed.

Good morning from texAs. I had surgery

sleeve on 4/12

i started eggs and mash potatoes stage two last week once a day. Started full soft foods yesterday.
I have a lot more energy now.
but I haven’t lost any weight in three days. I’m not at all over eating.
And I’m down 46 pounds since pre op diet.
driving made me sick to my stomach last week. I’ve only thrown up once.
I do wake up a little sick to my stomach everyday. Over all I’m doing pretty well.
hope all goes well on your soft food and work.
Thanks for letting me ramble on

I had mine April 1st I just started sampling food not suppose to I’m fine and finally when I did start solid foods diherrea went away. I started back to work three days last week was so scared of diherrea I was fine. Now I just have to stay focused to stay on the diet so I continue to lose. But basically I can eat everything.

I’m a newbie here - just found you. My surgery is tomorrow and there is no pre-op diet which makes me a little concerned. I have to drink 2 ensure carbohydrate drinks tonight between 6-8 and then 1 tomorrow 2 hours before surgery. I’m excited and sooo nervous and bc of covid I can only bring my phone, charger, eye glasses and case. I leave in the clothes I arrived in. So I’ll be walking the halls in a terribly fitting johnnie 😂

21 minutes ago, Jacie1272 said:

I’m a newbie here - just found you. My surgery is tomorrow and there is no pre-op diet which makes me a little concerned. I have to drink 2 ensure carbohydrate drinks tonight between 6-8 and then 1 tomorrow 2 hours before surgery. I’m excited and sooo nervous and bc of covid I can only bring my phone, charger, eye glasses and case. I leave in the clothes I arrived in. So I’ll be walking the halls in a terribly fitting johnnie 😂

What hospital are you? I brought a small backpack of stuff. Pajamas. Book. A few other little things. They didn’t seem bothered by it at all!

9 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Hello all,

Had my sleeve on 6th.. so, 3 weeks for me. I still have a week left of puréed foods. It’s been an emotional roller coaster! I went back to work after 4 days, probably was a bit over zealous bc the fatigue is still getting to me. I can’t wait to actually bite into something. I’m also experiencing a slight stall so trying to stay off scale for a few days!!

40 minutes ago, Newlyfe2021 said:

Had my sleeve on 6th.. so, 3 weeks for me. I still have a week left of puréed foods. It’s been an emotional roller coaster! I went back to work after 4 days, probably was a bit over zealous bc the fatigue is still getting to me. I can’t wait to actually bite into something. I’m also experiencing a slight stall so trying to stay off scale for a few days!!

We are sleeve twins! Man, I could not imagine going back to work after only 4 days. I was certainly not myself at that point. Was still walking to move the gas pain and getting tired easily.

I had a stall a couple days ago but it has passed.

Edited by Blueslily

Ok. First half day of work down. I gave myself permission to take a late morning walk at 11a. Walked for 25 minutes. Felt good to not be sitting and to be outside for fresh air.

I learned that eating a scrambled egg for Breakfast will not work. I tested egg yesterday afternoon. It was fine. But, apparently on an empty stomach might not be ok. I didnt vomit, but I could feel a little nausea at the very first tiny bite, so I stopped and drank a Protein Drink instead.

Ate some blended chicken salad, 2 ounces, for lunch before I left so I could stay on food schedule. No problems. It tasted great. I use a mini blender to break it down a lot since many people on this site say chicken gets stuck for them. By blending, no stuck issues so far.

I did find that I eat a little faster at work then home. So, i will need to purposefully not multitask going forward at work when eating.

No weird questions from colleagues today. I've been gone three weeks, but no one saw me today. I worked in my office and rarely left it today. I start seeing clients next week and start hosting meetings again this Friday. So, I'm guessing questions will start more when I interact with folks more. Today the few comments about my absence were people saying that it's great that i took some time off from work. With COVID, we talk a lot about self care at work. So, I'm guessing that's what folks who are not as close to me assumed. As the week progresses, people closer to me will reach out. You can see a little weight loss in my face. I haven't told anyone at work about my surgery. Only my supervisor knows I was on Sick leave for some type of surgery. None of her business what specifically. We will see if she kept that to herself or not.

Time for water! Using crystal lite. By the afternoon, drinking plain Water comes with a nasty taste in my mouth. So, I drink one bottle of crystal lite a day which is usually in the evening. I limit it to one since it has artificial sugars.

🙂

Edited by Blueslily

22 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Ok. First half day of work down. I gave myself permission to take a late morning walk at 11a. Walked for 25 minutes. Felt good to not be sitting and to be outside for fresh air.

I learned that eating a scrambled egg for breakfast will not work. I tested egg yesterday afternoon. It was fine. But, apparently on an empty stomach might not be ok. I didnt vomit, but I could feel a little nausea at the very first tiny bite, so I stopped and drank a Protein drink instead.

Ate some blended chicken salad, 2 ounces, for lunch before I left so I could stay on food schedule. No problems. It tasted great. I use a mini blender to break it down a lot since many people on this site say chicken gets stuck for them. By blending, no stuck issues so far.

I did find that I eat a little faster at work then home. So, i will need to purposefully not multitask going forward at work when eating.

No weird questions from colleagues today. I've been gone three weeks, but no one saw me today. I worked in my office and rarely left it today. I start seeing clients next week and start hosting meetings again this Friday. So, I'm guessing questions will start more when I interact with folks more. Today the few comments about my absence were people saying that it's great that i took some time off from work. With COVID, we talk a lot about self care at work. So, I'm guessing that's what folks who are not as close to me assumed. As the week progresses, people closer to me will reach out. You can see a little weight loss in my face. I haven't told anyone at work about my surgery. Only my supervisor knows I was on Sick leave for some type of surgery. None of her business what specifically. We will see if she kept that to herself or not.

Time for water! Using crystal lite. By the afternoon, drinking plain Water comes with a nasty taste in my mouth. So, I drink one bottle of crystal lite a day which is usually in the evening. I limit it to one since it has artificial sugars.

🙂

Sounds like you’re doing really well! I’m horrible with a good schedule. My work schedule is so crazy I have a very hard time finding time to eat during the day. Definitely need to work on a schedule. Do you use an alarm or anything?

21 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

I learned that eating a scrambled egg for breakfast will not work. I tested egg yesterday afternoon. It was fine. But, apparently on an empty stomach might not be ok. I didnt vomit, but I could feel a little nausea at the very first tiny bite, so I stopped and drank a Protein drink instead.

🙂

I work 12hour shifts, my first day back was yesterday and it killed me. Plus I was only able to get in 2 16.9oz bottle of Water in at work so I had to drink like a madwoman (not really, not that fast) on the drive home and once at home. Fortunately I was allowed to replace a meal with a Protein Shake so it counts as my Fluid intake.

my surgeon did a minor umbilical hernia repair so if people as why I was gone I tell them that. 😂 I haven't told anyone at work either that I had the sleeve done.

21 hours ago, Struggling a bit said:

Lol! It was 8 days for me! I didn’t have to tell anyone, they could all tell! 😂

I heard to many things about hard BMI's so I didn't want to wait that long and I took milk of magnesia by day 3.

10 minutes ago, Newlyfe2021 said:

Sounds like you’re doing really well! I’m horrible with a good schedule. My work schedule is so crazy I have a very hard time finding time to eat during the day. Definitely need to work on a schedule. Do you use an alarm or anything?

My half days this week is a "trial run" for working. I'm hiding in my office so I can learn what I have to change when I restart work full time next week which will include clients, tons of meetings I usually host, and people usually messaging me or calling me all day asking me for stuff. So, it's usually busy, fast paced, and a bit stressful. Today I was focused on trying to do my best to balance adhering to my Water and food intake schedule and doing some work. So, it wasnt the best representation of what working will truly be like. But, I need this time so I can figure out how to take care of me. I feel blessed to be able to have this trial run opportunity.

If you don't have a written intake schedule, I would recommend that. I didnt have an alarm. I had the schedule with me. My program gave us sample schedules for each stage. I don't think I can use alarms at work because I have clients. Most of my work now is virtual due to COVID so no one really can see what is in front of me in my office. I think I plan to tape my schedule to my computer monitor so I can be looking at it all day, lol.

25 minutes ago, Zury G said:

I work 12hour shifts, my first day back was yesterday and it killed me. Plus I was only able to get in 2 16.9oz bottle of Water in at work so I had to drink like a madwoman (not really, not that fast) on the drive home and once at home. Fortunately I was allowed to replace a meal with a Protein Shake so it counts as my Fluid intake.

my surgeon did a minor umbilical hernia repair so if people as why I was gone I tell them that. 😂 I haven't told anyone at work either that I had the sleeve done.

Oh, hope it gets better. I fear the only way to be successful with this is just demanding to ourselves that we make some time for ourselves at work.

23 minutes ago, Zury G said:

I heard to many things about hard BMI's so I didn't want to wait that long and I took milk of magnesia by day 3.

Yea I kept forgetting the stool softener and the day that I was like omg I’m going to have such a rough time I got hit hard with diarrhea so I’m glad I didn’t take it