Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

58 minutes ago, Zury G said:

Wow! Mine was 4/8 and as of Saturday all I've lost is 14 pounds. I see all these people losing an exorbitant amount of weight and I'm like how? I was on liquids first 2 weeks and have been on soft foods for 1 week. If I'm able to finish 2oz of food that's a good meal. So far I've been able to handle everything, I've had eggs, tuna, Beans, cottage cheese. I know everyone's different and will lose it different but I feel like I'm losing it at an extremely slow pace. I have lost 50 pounds total since I started the program in January so that's something.

Because everyone is at a different starting weight and everyone’s bodies react different. As long as in the long run you end up meeting your goal weight that’s what matters it’s not a race.

1 hour ago, Zury G said:

Wow! Mine was 4/8 and as of Saturday all I've lost is 14 pounds. I see all these people losing an exorbitant amount of weight and I'm like how? I was on liquids first 2 weeks and have been on soft foods for 1 week. If I'm able to finish 2oz of food that's a good meal. So far I've been able to handle everything, I've had eggs, tuna, Beans, cottage cheese. I know everyone's different and will lose it different but I feel like I'm losing it at an extremely slow pace. I have lost 50 pounds total since I started the program in January so that's something.

Your doing excellent and weight loss is different for everyone. Just stay the course and walk in 10 minute intervals several times a day. I have spoken to many people that do that and it seems to help.

Edited by TSH1222
Typo

1 hour ago, Zury G said:

Well I lost 10 in the first 5 days of pre-op liquids. When I got home I could barely get my fluids in and the shakes were disgusting to me so I basically lived off Water until 12 days in when I could start purées. Anything sweet was too sweet and I craved salt like crazy. I finally strained progresso Soups and drank the broth because regular broth smelled terrible and nauseated me. It was pretty rough. But now I’m stuck not losing anything. I’m sure it will pick up again but this is crazy!

Hey April pals, how's it going for you guys? Mine was April 6 and I'd love to keep up with how my twinsies are doing so far. 🙂

16 minutes ago, TSH1222 said:

Your doing excellent and weight loss is different for everyone. Just stay the course and walk in 10 minute intervals several times a day. I have spoken to many people that do that and it seems to help.

Thank you! I'm just trusting the process and doing what I'm supposed to and staying off the scale as much as possible. I have noticed it in my clothes though.

17 minutes ago, Struggling a bit said:

Well I lost 10 in the first 5 days of pre-op liquids. When I got home I could barely get my fluids in and the shakes were disgusting to me so I basically lived off Water until 12 days in when I could start purées. Anything sweet was too sweet and I craved salt like crazy. I finally strained progresso Soups and drank the broth because regular broth smelled terrible and nauseated me. It was pretty rough. But now I’m stuck not losing anything. I’m sure it will pick up again but this is crazy!

Oh I was so sick of liquids by week 4. I'm glad I can now eat soft foods. I'm also grateful that everything I've tried so far has gone down well and stayed down. Just the first day on soft foods everything tasted weird but that's gone away now.

April 12th was my surgery day!

9 minutes ago, Tommyjohnson@13 said:

I’ve lost 46

since the beginning pre op first.
started at 336. I lost one pound in the last week.
surgery date was 4/12

So do you think you've hit a plateau?

36 minutes ago, cre8tivetara said:

Hey April pals, how's it going for you guys? Mine was April 6 and I'd love to keep up with how my twinsies are doing so far. 🙂

Hi surgery date twin!

8 minutes ago, Flounder said:

So do you think you've hit a plateau?

I do

my dr said it’s normal. Just keep doing what I’m doing.
Im excited about the weight I’ve lost.

During the weekend, my tummy started to act like it does not like Premier Protein chocolate shakes (my favorite) or Crystal Lite Lemonade, another favorite l. Hmmm, on no. I need these both. They help me meet my goals. I'm going to take a break from PP Chocolate this weekend and see how it goes next weekend. Will try another CL flavor. I can only drink so much Water without having a nasty metallic taste in my mouth. I try to get through 8 ounces of plan water. And then the next 8 will be CL. How do we get rid of the metallic/chemical taste?

38 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

During the weekend, my tummy started to act like it does not like Premier Protein chocolate shakes (my favorite) or Crystal Lite Lemonade, another favorite l. Hmmm, on no. I need these both. They help me meet my goals. I'm going to take a break from PP chocolate this weekend and see how it goes next weekend. Will try another CL flavor. I can only drink so much Water without having a nasty metallic taste in my mouth. I try to get through 8 ounces of plan Water. And then the next 8 will be CL. How do we get rid of the metallic/chemical taste?

I never had any issues with water! I love it. Protein Drinks are good still, but I drink iconic. Not a lot of flavor variety though. Since I can’t take artificial sweeteners, I never did crystal light but I have mixed a bit of apple juice or tart cherry but only in the beginning. What about tea? I’ve read about people mixing unflavored Protein Powder in tea. The heat helps dissolve it or something.

I made some cauliflower risotto for dinner.

1 hour ago, cre8tivetara said:

Twins!
I have not weighed myself except at my two week follow up where I was down 8 pounds.

Most things I’ve tried have been fine, I track what I eat and how I feel and my habits (64oz+ Water, walking for 30 min, vegetable juice, and vitamins). When I hit all 4, I draw balloons in my journal :)